Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yes, another haul post! The last one for this fall... hopefully!

Are you already sick of seeing haul posts from me? If so, you better skip this post, haha... But this should hopefully be my last haul for this fall now! :)

The bad thing is, just right after I decided to cut down my spendings on makeup, I got tempted by Steph of DSK Blogs NOW after reading her blog entry. She made me fall in love with the Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color in Blush Nude. Oh no, my purse is already weeping!

Well so much about my never ending lemmings, haha... Here is what I got! Let's begin with the base makeup items!


SHISEIDO Refining Makeup Primer SPF 15



The Refining Makeup Primer SPF 15 has been newly released about one or two month ago along with a few other base makeup products. If you are interested to find out more about Shiseido's base makeup go to Shiseido's official website.


As you might already know (since I think, I said it before), I have never been big on using primers, simply because I don't like to use an extra step before applying foundation. But other than that - what is actually more important is the fact that my sensitive skin has always felt uncomfortable with most primers I tried out.

So, I found out that my skin easily reacts to products containing a high amount of silicones.


This primer does contain silicones too, but it did not trouble my skin in any way so far (I have used it a few times since I got it last week). I actually really like it! It feels lightweight, smoothes out my pores on my nose nicely, and gives a sheer glow to my skin.


It has a creamy consistency that comes out tinted, but it blends translucent into skin.


MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation ~ NC 15


This is my second one, since I already hit pan on the one I got several months ago, and it has slightly oxidized, thus became a bit darker in shade. You can read my review about this foundation here.


It comes sealed with a foil like this.


Accidentally scratched the cream foundation when drawing off the foil. Oops! This cream foundation is perfect for the colder season, since it's very moisturizing.


In order to keep the cream foundation as fresh as possible, I had the idea of putting a sheet of aluminium foil (those you use in the kitchen) on top of it. Since the foil is so thin, the compact still closes properly. I know it does not look that pretty, but it totally serves the purpose.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ~ Light



I have used this powder some time ago, but then gave it to my sister, because I got it in Light Medium, which was a bit too dark for me.


The powder gives a semi translucent finish providing a very smooth and velvety finish finish. This mineral powder can be used on top of any foundation or just on its own. When I use it on its own, I always use a concealer on red spots and dark areas beforehand, since the coverage is on the sheer side.


MAC Duo Fibre Powder / Blush Brush #131



I have always been quite bad at applying blushes evenly, but rather patchy instead (my sister always makes fun of me about my blush application actually). But my problem seem to be finally solved now with this amazing brush!

The soft duo fibre bristles pick up just the right amount of color, applies the blush super evenly, and the flat shape of the brush fits my cheeks to perfection. Yay, I finally found my holy grail blush brush!

Onto the point makeup I got!


MAC Powder Blush ~ Fleur Power (Satin)



For the fall season, I think 'darker' colors for the cheeks look really pretty. Fleur Power is described as a 'soft bright pinkish coral'. This shade is very versatile, since it flatters both cool and warm skintones.

Really pretty! By the way, Fleur Power is currently sold out in the MAC online shop!



ESTEE LAUDER Blush ~ Sunset Coral (Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection 2010)



This limited edition collection has been release some time in the summer, but the shop still had some of the items left.


I love the sophisticated and very feminine packaging a lot! Even though this blush is named Sunset Coral, I don't find it to be a coral shade, but rather a bright pink with a hint of coral to it.


I believe, it's because my natural skintone already has quite a strong pink undertone to it. You know, the least you wanna do, if you have a pink undertone is to enhance the pinkness, right?

Or do you wish to look like miss Piggy? :p


Sorry Miss Piggy, I have no intentions to insult you!


Sorry for the bad swatch! Have to work on figuring out how to improve taking swatches.


DIOR 5 Couleurs Couture Color Eyeshadow Palette ~ 844 Misty Mauve (Fall 2010)

I have been a bit hesitant about getting this palette, because there is something in my mind that keeps telling me I can't pull off mauve.


Well, I opposed this time! The mauve shades in Misty Mauve are more on the cool side, and definitely tending towards neutral, which makes it a very wearable palette.


I can't wait to wear these mauve shades! So pretty for fall, isn't it?


Now, I'm really curious: what products did you get your hands on for this fall?

FOTD with Est Multiple Emotional Eyes ~ 05 coming next! Also, I'll be having a fall blog sale next week, so stay tuned! Have a great Sunday, everyone!


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

33 comments:

Sheila said...

OMG I have been lemming the Dior palette for the longest time too, but I can't get myself to buy it because I need to stop spending money on makeup >___>

BTW I am hosting a Secret Santa for this holiday (info is already up on the blog...)! You should come join =)

galpal.hi said...

Great haul Jess! That Dior palette looks really nice although I had thought that I wouldn't buy it. Now I'm rethinking that after seeing your post. I love, love, love the MAC Powder Blush! I'm going to have to go and look for that at my MAC store.(Like I really need more blush!) It's a really nice color.

Thanks for sharing your haul and the swatches.

*Kat*

Penelope said...

What an amazing haul! every single item looks so good. The colours of the dior palette are gorgeous and the blushes are such beautiful shades!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow I love your haul, would love to try everything you got hehe :) keep us updated with new looks and reviews.

Donna ♥ Baby said...

such a great haul! i need to buy some high end makeup. so i can feel high end. haha :)

InsideOut Elle said...

ahhh your posts always make me want to just run out and by a CD palette ~ they're so pretty!

Exquizeet said...

Hey Jess! I'm an avid reader of your blog and I love reading your haul posts! The blushes you got are so nice. I can't wait to see a FOTD with your Misty Mauve Palette. Thanks for the tip on how to keep cream foundation fresh. I'm going to start doing that. Keep us updated on your fall blog sale!

Blair said...

I like your aluminium foil idea! Shall try it on my cream products right away =D

Misty Mauve is gorgeous!!! Can I request for a FOTD? hahaha me and my never ending FOTD requests -.-

Cherry said...

The Dior eyeshadow quade is amazing, I love the dusty mauve shades. I know, I hauled again today, can't believe it...haha, need more self-control~^0^

~Lisa said...

Great haul! I've been hauling a lot too lately, hope I will stop soon. LOL

I've been wanting to try the MAC MSF Natural,,, but I'm not quite sure about the finish because I don't want the matte look. It makes it really obvious that I have makeup on =(

& OMG! Miss Piggy! When I was a kid, I used to have a mirror with her on the back! Actually, I think I still have it! I might take a pic and upload to blogger one day! lol

reene said...

Aww don't feel like you need to stop doing haul posts! Do them if you want to. ^^

I too have issues with silicone-heavy primers. They feel so nice going on initially, but after a couple hours my face is an oil slick. I'm glad you found one that works for you!

Loving the Dior palette. ^^ I think it will look lovely on you. Can't wait to see it on you!

Thank you for sharing!

MEOW said...

wow! what a wonderful haul :) i really like the mac blush color! its soooo pretty! :) and i didnt know estee lauder crossovered with michael kors! thats awesome! thanks for sharing!!

DSK Steph! said...

I've never heard of the foil trick before! Genius ! :)

Catherine said...

Wow, the MAC Mineralize foundation must be really nice! Wish I could try it but for the SPF in it... ;_; & I love your haul! I was curious about that MAC brush actually - I can't wait to see you use everything! The quint looks positively gorgeous!!!! (And fwiw, I don't think your blush looks patchy =P).

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I am really curious to try the MAC foundation. Looking at your post about it before made me really want to purchase it :) I like creamy foundations that are highly moisturizing :)

Aw, no FOTD today? :(

CHARRY said...

wow what a nice haul!

wuguimei said...

Don't forget about Sephora's F&F sale! :P

And Fleur Power is OOS on MAC's website? I was just checking it out earlier today! D:

purple snowflake said...

OMg i love the haul... i like the mac MSF natural too. and also I'm a big fan of estee lauder's cosmetic items.. that blush look so pretty....

kawaiikao said...

awesome haul!! i really want to try the mac cream foundation!!

Lydia said...

great haul!!!
your hauls are always so classy!!!

Mary in Wonder said...

ehh now, this IS a haul! XD You still have money to spend? eheheh I wonder when you'll be able to use them up...hehehe

The aluminium foil is such a great idea! OMG I'll try it!

Jess said...

@ Sheila:
Thanks for inviting me to join your Secret Santa! ;)

@ Galpal.hi:
Oh, do show us which blush you picked then, oki?

@ Exquizeet:
Glad, you like the trick with the aluminium foil! Try it out! ;)

@ Blair:
Hehe, I still owe you another FOTD with the Lunasol White Gradation palette, right? :)

@ Cherry:
Yes, the dusty mauve shades in Misty Mauve make them so wearable!

@ ~Lisa:
I think the MAC MSF Natural provides a translucent semi-matte finish which looks quite natural actually. Not too matte in my opinion.

Yay, please do show us your Miss Piggy mirror, once you found it! :)

@ Catherine:
My blush looks patchier in real life than in the photos actually, haha... :p

@ Rain Days and Lattes:
If you love cream foundations, do try out the MAC Mineralize SPF 15! It's my favorite cream foundation ever! FOTD post coming soon, hon!

Dina (XYYan) said...

Awesome haul Jess! The Fleur Power looks really pretty~

Lilladylife said...

amazing amazing haul as always! we have the same 2 blushers. Great idea about the foil!!

ning * star said...

Jess, your haul is amazing!!!
u made me feel soooooo excited!

naomi said...

such a great haul babe! Does the shiseido primer control oils too? It seems like a good product!

Connie De Alwis said...

very neat haul! Ah, I've been meeeeaning to try the mineralize spf15 foundation ever since your review. it's finally here in malaysia but I haven't been to the MAC store in forever! The MSFN is one of staples :)

Makeup Morsels said...

hehe I'm never sick of your haul posts! They let me live vicariously through your pictures xD omg that Dior palette has some gorgeous taupes! The colors all look so wearable + pretty. I hauled a lot of stuff today (a couple of taupe colored NYX shadows, NYX taupe blush, and some mood polish)

Kim Hye Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

hullo, missing your post so much, I want to ask, since my skin is hypersensitive, could I use this too? I mean all those compact powder and blush.

Nic Nic said...

This is a very lpvely haul!

I am excited to see a thorough review on the Shiseido primer :D it sounds very promising, indeed.

I have been recently good this fall, quite limited with my spending :P I might go crazy during xmas instead!

Tammy said...

Misty Mauve looks soooo pretty...my heart is already aching T_T

ashura said...

I didn't know that MAC has compact cream foundation (mainly because I don't look at MAC base makeup. am I missing a lot?). Must check that out. The MAC blusher looks awesome too. And the Dior palette... the Dior palette... I shdn't have read this post... u are making me spend more =D

izumi said...

wow putting foil on it is a really good idea haha i should put it on my full coverage foundation >__o

love the new dior palette!

Popular Posts