Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Love from Catherine and Steph + FOTD : Est Emotional Multiple Eyes 05

Happy Monday everyone! My fall blog sale is finally up! Have a look at Ohh... pretty! {Blog Sale}!

I received a love package from the ever so lovely Catherine of Straweberry Mochi a bit more than a week ago. Actually, I asked her to cp the Lippmann polish for me, but she said it was a gift. Besides, she also sent me a super cute Rilakkuma towel and pencil. Thank you, Cat! ♥


Catherine, be sure to come upon a package in your mail soon! ;)


Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer ~ Waking Up In Vegas

Gray is one of my favorite colors, so why not gray on the nails too? It's a great shade for fall, and when I saw the September's Vanity Fair cover on which Lady Gaga was wearing it, I knew I had to get it!


Waking Up In Vegas is described as a 'putty-liscious gray' with a creme finish.


The polish goes on totally evenly without streaking, and you achieve a full opaqueness in just one coat. What I noticed at once, was this is one of the quickest drying nail polishes I might have ever used.

.
.
.

Some time back in August, the lovely Steph of DSK Blogs Now and DSK Jewelry sent me a gift along with my 18'' heart chain purchase. Thank you, Steph! ♥


The design and quality of DSK Jewelry is always top!


Silver Lotus Earrings



Super shiny! Sadly, I didn't have any opportunity to wear it yet.


DSK Heart Necklace ~ Rose



Such a pretty color! Really pops out with a simple outfit!

.
.
.

Here is the requested a look with my Est Emotional Multiple Eyes ~ 05!



I applied it in the way shown above. Color used are white (A), amber (B), dark purplish steel (C).


I like the texture of the eyeshadows a lot! In comparison to the Est Dual Emotion Eyes, I would say the shadows in the Emotional Multiple Eyes are smoother, more pigmented and the shimmer is also finer.

I think, Emotional Multiple Eyes ~ 05 is neither a warm nor a cool toned palette, just something in between. I have always preferred cool shades, but surprisingly I'm really getting to love wearing slightly warmer shades this season.


STEP 1
- Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ 02 allover the eyelids as a base
- color A allover the lids up to the brow bone (I applied it a bit underneath)
- color B from the lashline upwards up to your crease (I have no crease, since have monolids, but yeah...)


STEP 2

- color C along the lashline, in the outer corners, and along the bottom lashline halfway inwards.
- added color A in the inner corner of the eyes and along the inner lower lashline


STEP 3
- blend blend blend...
- tighline the upper and lower lashline

STEP 4
- curl the lashes and apply mascara (what a difference curler + mascara does to the eyes, huh?!)


Oops, I should have blended the white shade on the inner corner a bit better, haha...



I did this look last week, when my skin was breaking out a lot. Thanks god, there is concealer and foundation, haha... See, how the rose heart necklace stands out? So beautiful!


Please ignore the acne scars (which have luckily already faded much more by now)!


I love the dark purplish steel color a lot! I think it totally harmonizes with the amber color, and it is such a great shade to create a deepening effect on the outer corner of the eyes.

Wearing Paul & Joe Lipstick N ~ 29 Mademoiselle and Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer ~ 121 Beige Guitar on top on my lips. Hehe, I wear 121 Beige Guitar very often, because it is one of my favorite lipglosses! It adds such a pretty glossy finish and goes well with any lipstick!


I thought a light bronze touch to my complexion goes really well with this look! For base makeup, I used the MAC Mineralize SPF 15 and the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural on top. This combo makes my skin look really flawless, no? Even the pores on my nose are so much less visible!

That day I used a very light moisturizer before I applied the foundation, thus my complexion ended up a bit on the matte side.


I hope, tomorrow is going to be a sunnier day than this rainy and gray Monday!

________
PRODUCTS USED

BASE MAKEUP
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation ~ NC 15
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ~ Light

CHEEKS
- Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color ~ 02 Posy

LIPS
- Paul & Joe Lipstick N ~ 29 Mademoiselle
- Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer ~ 121 Beige Guitar


EYES
- Jill Stuart Jelly eye Color N ~ 02 gold light
- Est Emotional Multiple Eyes ~ 05
- Lunasol W Eyeliner ~ 04 Deep Back
- Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara

- Shu Uemura Hard Forumla Eybrow Pencil ~ 9




Oh, and I've already done a look with my new Dior 5 Couleurs ~ 844 Misty Mauve palette today too! Oh my gosh... I'm soooo loving the palette!

Even my sister, who I am not able to vow easily for usual, said this palette was a great pick, when she saw my look with it today! ;)

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

25 comments:

Lilladylife said...

the nail polish is super pretty for fall!

Penelope said...

Your skin is positively glowing!! Gorgeous eye makeup as usual!

Cinnabunnie said...

YOU ARE SUCH A BEAUT! its like omg. anyways, the np is perfect for fall ^^ and the eyelash curler. i need to get my hands on that!

Dina (XYYan) said...

The nail polish is so pretty! I love grey too :). I always love your FOTD, you look so glowy and the hair is so pretty!

Askmewhats said...

You girl! Definitely perfected your makeup! Your eyes look very expressive! love it!

izumi said...

i love all of the shades that you used ^^ you always find great pairs in makeup, i've never seen a bad face/lip combo! jealous! :P

Blair said...

Do you use Lunasol W Eyeliner ~ 04 Deep Back on your lower lash line as well? How does it perform?

Which is your favourite EST range? You have three series right? =D

Love your look Jess! Your eyebrows look fantastic, they are so thick and drawn beautifully!!

Ahhh nope, I don't own photoshop. It was a simple copy and paste =D I took an upclose of the bristles and pasted this picture onto the 'zoomed out' picture. Very simple because I don't own high tech software hahaha xD

Makeup Morsels said...

aww Cat is so sweet, and omg I love DSKjewelry designs! Your EOTD's always emphasize your eyes perfectly, I think that I'm still partially in the process of figuring out my eye shape.

Yumeko said...

i looove that nail color! very pretty indeed

Catherine said...

Hehehe, glad you like the Rilakkuma stuffs! Beautiful FOTD! I really like that P&J lipstick on you - it looks so fresh and pretty! The eyeshadow is beautiful too! Those Est palettes are all so gorgeous!

Tammy said...

You look so pretty Jess~ ! I really like the e/s palette on you, the colours suit you well^^ Hahah I have the same problem with monolids too! Some days I might wake up with double eyelids if I cry the night before but generally it's none for me T_T

ning * star said...

the nail polish is really pretty! i think dsk lotus earing is soooo gorgeous! <3 your makeup

galpal.hi said...

You look stunning! I love this FOTD! The colors are all really pretty.

I really like Deborah Lippman nail polishes too but I'm surprised that you think it's fast drying. My complaint is that it's slow drying. Maybe that color is a fast drying color. I should check it out.

*Kat*

Nic Nic said...

a gorgeous smokey!!! i love your technique ^_^ it really suits your eye shape :) you're always spot on with the lip colour - love it!

what a pretty nail polish colour!!

Vicky K. said...

cool blog!

Vicky
(new post: Overknee-socks-week | Outfit nr.3 & follow me)

나니 said...

I'm definitely planning on trying the Natural MSFs by MAC (as the FIRST counter ever nearby here opened like last week!) : D Would u say it's worth the $$? I really wanna try out some GOOD basic MAC stuff, so please do enlighten me with your knowledge oh mighty blogger ; D <3

Also, I'm working on some ideas. I'm planning on grabbing a few of your photos from here to test it out. I'll send u the 'try-outs' of course - then u can always pick what ideas you like and stuff.

Have a good one!
Much love <3

Fruity Lashes said...

waking up in vegas is such a nice color and it's always good to have something fast drying. those earrings and necklace are beautiful.

astrorainfall @ beauty box said...

Love your eyeshadow look...Very detailed and good for girls like me who need a little bit more guidance on creating a more dressy image.

Diana said...

gorgeousss, I love that lip color!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Soooo pretty always loved your look :) & you're so lucky to receive so many gifts :)

mr. pineapple man said...

Hello! Im a new follower~lovin the blog!

pandablush said...

Beautiful FOTD as always :)
and nice gifts as well. hehe.
I like your eyebrows, they're super natural.
I dont like mine, if i let it grow it will go upwards :((((
Like a dragon!

Jennifer said...

GORGEOUS eye makeup there! i never know how to make a pretty eye even though followed the instructions on those japanese palettes <3

heartofpearl ♡ said...

i love the step by step tricks:) it looks so natural n pretty on u!! oo do let us know ur new webbie when its all set up:) i have been so bad with my blog.. as always i guess but am back x

Jessying said...

Oh pretty :P your skin looks gorgeous ...and you look great here :)

I always like how the way you do your eye makeup with natural color which I always fail to look on it :(

Popular Posts