Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Haul : Dior, Estee Lauder, Guerlain + FOTD : Light Berry Eyes For Fall with Est Dual Emotion Eyes 03

Hey everyone! I'm so happy it's finally start of the week, since weekend has been crazily busy (due to work of course) as usual. Yet, I hope you all had a great weekend!

Ahh... nothing pleasres me more than having time to spend on beauty blogging, haha...


Above, it's the goodies I got last week. You must have already noticed how much I love hauling cosmetics, huh? And honestly, I gathered some more stuff again today (will show you in the next post!) My purse is weeping! :p


DIOR Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum



Run out of the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Hydrachange Essence, which I have been using on a daily basis, so I got this to try. Yes, I'm concerned about aging! :)


I like the hygienic pump dispenser bottle. The bottle contains 30 ml of product.


I wish all the declaration may be true, haha... well, we all are aware of the fact that these product descriptions are designed to make us buy the product in a jiffy, right? However, I hope there is some trueness behind it!


I have been using it for a week now every evening before applying my daily moisturizer. Aside from the fact that my skin does feel softer and smoother than before, I have not noticed any visible improvements yet. Maybe it's still too early. Will report again in a couple of weeks!


DIOR Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil


Dior has just renewed their cleansing products, and this is one of the products out of the cleansing range. I've never used a cleansing oil before, but wanted to give this a try.


The consistency is not like a runny oil, but rather feels like a gel-oil with no greasiness. I've also been using this for one week now. I think it's fine, yet I can't cope with the scent. Can't even describe the smell. But it's definitely too strong for my taste.

I don't know about you, but the scent of a product does easily turn me off - unfortunately.


Apart from this, it does a good job at gently removing makeup. There is no oily residue after rinsing off with water, and skin feels nicely cleansed.


ESTEE LAUDER Pure Color Nail Lacquer ~ Surreal Violet (Blue Dahlia Collection 2010)



Even though I'm not wearing nail polishes that often for usual (except I'm on holiday), I love to hoard them, haha...


Honestly, who could resist a shade that makes you fall in love with? Surreal Violet is a really pretty grayish purple with very fine golden shimmer to it.


Such a beautiful shade for the fall season! Haven't worn it yet, but my sister already grabbed it, and it looks amazing on her! Can't wait to wear it myself!

.
.
.

I also got my hands on a blush from Guerlain a couple weeks ago, that I have not shown you yet.


GUERLAIN Blush 4 Éclacts ~ Caresse De L'Aube 07 (Spring 2010)



The texture of the blush is amazingly soft and silky. The pigmentation is superb, so don't get misled by the soft colors!


You can use the every single four shades on its own or mix them together.


These soft shades look really pretty on lighter skintone.


This is the color you get when you mix all four shades together.

There is no shimmer to it, but it doesn't look totally matte either. It's a beautiful velvety translucent kind of finish. Caresse De L'Aube is neither cool toned nor warm toned, thus I think it will flatter all skintones on the fairer side.

.
.
.


I did a look with the Est Dual Emotion Eyes ~ 03 last week. Initially, I thought this palette would turn out a bit of plummy on me. To my disappointment, it did not. Instead, it created kind of a berry look on me, which I actually quite like.

So, here is my light berry eyes for fall!


Surprisingly, I find the pink in this palette to be really flattering on me, although I can't pull off pink that well in general due to my extremely puffy eyelids.


Did you notice, I changed the shape of my eyebrows a bit? I have been trying to draw them a bit plumper than I used to. I noticed that my brows looked a bit too thin, which is not so flattering for my big round Asian face, haha... So, do you think my brows look better now?

I used the Shu Uemura Hard Formula eyebrow pencil, which I love to bits! The best eyebrow pencil ever for the most natural looking eyebrows!


My skin was very patchy and a bit irritated last week, but luckily already calmed down quite a bit.

I applied the Paul & Joe Pressed Powder N ~ 05 Glow mainly on my forehead, and cheekbone area, and it gives me a nice glowy complexion without looking like a disco ball. If you are looking for a glowy powder which is also able to slightly tone down redness, I highly recommend this to you!


So yeah, even though Est Dual Emotion Eyes ~ 03 didn't turn out plummy, I still like the palette a lot, because the shades are soft and create a really pretty natural berry look on me, without making me look punched, haha...


My cheeks say thanks to Catherine, my lips say thank you to Sarah! The blush and lipgloss I'm wearing here are gifts from these two lovely blogger friends!


______
PRODUCTS USED

BASE MAKEUP
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 ~ Warm Ivory 1
- Paul & Joe Pressed Powder N ~ 05 Glow

CHEEKS
- Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Blush ~ Immoral

LIPS
- Givenchy Lip Gloss ~ 04 Rose Taboo

EYES
- Est Dual Emotion Eyes ~ 03
- MAC Fluidline ~ Blitz & Glitz
- Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara
- Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil ~ hard 9





I hope you enjoyed! Have a great week ahead!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

30 comments:

Makeup Morsels said...

hehe you always get the nicest skincare/face products! But if there's one area in makeup where you should probably splurge in, it would be that. Your skin always looks really good :) I lovee the Givenchy lipgloss you're wearing, it goes so well with your skintone. And your brows frame your face very nicely!

coffretgorge said...

nice skincare additions jess! i also really like the guerlain blush you got, the colors look so soft, do you think it would suit my NC30 skin tone? :)

reene said...

You look gorgeous as usual. ^^ Love the eyes!

I picked up Surreal Violet.. held it for 2 minutes.. then put it back down. Self-control! The blush is really pretty! I love soft pinks like that for blushes.

Thank you for sharing!

Jess said...

@ Makeup Morsels:
I'm actually quite careful when it comes to skincare, because my skin easily reacts. Well, it was skincare that made me a beauty addict, haha...

@ coffretgorge:
Yes! I think Guerlain Blush 4 Éclats ~ Caresse De L'Aube will give you a really cute and bright flush!

Askmewhats said...

You are doing well with your skincare as your skin is just illuminating! So healthy looking!

~tHiAmErE~ said...

you look so pretty,hun!
love the overall look
^_^

that P&J pressed powder really gives a very nice glow indeed
^_^

i also don't like products that smell awful..it turns me off of them
>_<

Jess said...

@ reene:
Give me a bit of your self-control! Urgently needed, haha... ;)

DSK Steph! said...

Your blush look amazing! I adore guerlain blush! It's definitely well pigmented :)

ELLI DUVOLLE said...

Jessjess! Hey dear, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be sending out your package this week before Friday. I promise! I'm SO SO sorry it took so long. I actually went to the post office today to send it out cause I had some extra time on my hands but of course, they were closed due to Columbus day. ) : I'll email you when I do send it out. ( ; Thanks for understanding! & you look fab as always!!

dblchin (double chin) said...

wow! The blush looks really awesome! I love the peachy shade! Thanks for sharing

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow Jess, you look wonderfully pretty!!! I love that pink palate on you!!! you're making me wanting to get that shadow palate :)

kawaiikao said...

great haul and very pretty fotd :)

Blair said...

I was eyeing the exact same blush whilst at the Guerlain counter on Sunday!! I should have gotten it, your picture is very tempting!!

I can withstand horrible smell, as long as I know that it is doing something good for my skin hahaha xD

Tammy said...

Aww you look so cute Jess! The blush swatches are great, it's a nice fall colour too^^ Let us know what you think of the Dior cleansing oil, I actually never knew that they even had one in their lineup bc I don't pay too much attn to their skincare lol Great haul!!

galpal.hi said...

Your FOTD is gorgeous as always. Love the colors that you used.

I've been using the Dior Capture Totale One Essential Serum for over a month now. Make sure that you use it after washing your face and BEFORE you apply your toner. The one thing that I can't stand about it though is the scent. I can't describe the scent--almost a bone kind of scent. Sounds gross yeah. I don't know if it's done anything for me either but I like the concept of it in that it detoxes your skin. I have found that even after washing my face (and I use the Clarisonic) after I apply the serum and then use my toner, my cotton pad still comes out dirty. It must be working to bring out the dirt and makeup that's deep down.

*Kat*

Dina (XYYan) said...

Awesome haul, the Guerlain blush looks so perfect on the swatch!

Penelope said...

Gorgeous FOTD Jess! I always love how you do your eye makeup!!

great haul and thanks for the reveiws! am especially loving the nail polish!

Mary in Wonder said...

oooh love the blush! so pretty colors and indeed perfect for fall! And it's not shimmery either *.*

♥ Pixie D ♥ said...

GUERLAIN Blush
Guerlain blush is so pretty =D!!
But I wouldnt get DIOR in Australia as the price is double to HK X_X!

Becky said...

You look really cute on that photos!

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

Vonvon said...

Jess, the Dior One Essential serum does work! I tried mine in March this year. After 1 month of using, some lines were gone. But thing is you have to continuously use it.

Anyways, good luck! And you look very pretty in your FOTDs. :)

~Lisa said...

Great haul and FOTD!! You look so Ooh, so pretty!! & it's okay, I have puffy eyelids too =(

& I agree, bad scents on products make me want to stay awak from it.

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

izumi said...

wheeee! i love that lip color on you :D then again, i've never seen a bad lip color on you :) you have great taste, hahaha. i probably have several atrocious colors....

i LOVE that nail polish color! how gorgeous :D

Fruity Lashes said...

everything is so pretty! the EST palette looks very classy on you.

Cherry said...

I used to really like my Laura Mercier cleansing oil. But I recently found out that cleasing mousse does a ever better job. I am using Naruko now, I will do a review soon on my blog.
P.S: I really like the way you use the R&R blush, I always have a hard time using blushes of darker colors.^0^

Jess said...

@ Elli Duvolle:
Aww, thank you! No need for hurry hon! But I'm very looking forward to receive it, hehe...

@ Shanghainese Dumpling:
I believe the palette must look really beautiful on you!

@ Blair:
Oh, we seem to have a similar taste in makeup, huh? Oh no, I can't stand bad scent at all, even though the product is not bad, haha...

@ Tammy:
The Cleansing Oil is quite good, but as mentioned, I really dislike the sent to it. :|

@ Vonvon:
I hope the Dior One Essential does visibly improve my skin too! :)

@ Cherry:
I'm super bad at applying (darker) blush too! So, I always start with very little color and build on carefully. ;)

FASHION ICE said...

that estee lauder polish is so chic
come follow xoxo

♥akisa♥ said...

I have the Dior serum too! It doesn't exactly deliver "wow" results, but it does improve radiance over 4 weeks.

Karen said...

You're not the only one that hoards nail polish ;) such a pretty FOTD, perfect fall colors! I love that touch of warmth to your eyes and cheeks.

Stephany said...

this is so pretty! i love your blog!

thepursuitofprettiness.blogspot.com

Popular Posts