Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lime Crime Lipsticks + FOTD : Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 02 Steel

Lime Crime Makeup sent me three of their lipsticks to try.


The shades I got are Great Pink Planet, Airborne Unicorn and Centrifuchsia (from top to bottom).

Lime Crime Makeup don't come in the usual everyday colors, but rather in bright and hard-to-find colors. Or could you imagine wearing a bright blue or deep black lipstick on a daily basis? Probably not, I guess, haha...


The Lime Crime Opaque Lipsticks are super pigmented, so they give a absolutely opaque finish in just one layer. The color you see is the color you get.. It has a smooth texture that applies easily. The staying power is especially outstanding. But since it tends to sink into dry liplines a bit, make sure to use a lipbalm beforehand.

___
LIME CRIME'S PRODUCT INFORMATION


In typical Lime Crime fashion, this lippy is bursting with pigment for criminally bright, opaque results! Smooth, creamy formula is long-wearing but won't dry out your lips. Luscious low-sheen finish can be worn alone or played up with clear gloss. Each lipstick comes in a bright purple tube adorned with a holographic unicorn - the ultimate accessory! Lime Crime lipsticks are not tested on animals and PETA-certified cruelty-free.




Great Pink Planet Opaque Lipstick



Color description: Bright pastel pink; think strawberry milkshake in a tube!


Airborne Unicorn Opaque Lipstick



Color description: Soft medium purple with a neon note. Hue as mysterious as the animal itself.


Centrifuchsia Opaque Lipstick



Color description: Fuchsia, amplified to a cosmic degree.

___
Source of Product Information and Color description:
limecrimemakeup.com

'
'
'


I got my hands on the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream ~ 02 Steel last week. It was totally sold out before, since according to the SA, this shade was the

Also thanks to Fuz for highly recommending 02 Steel! I love it!


As to the packaging, the pot is all made of plastic. As long as the quality is there, I think I might be able to overlook the not so pretty design, haha...


Aqua Cream ~ 02 Steel is described as a 'silver gray shimmer' on Sephora.

.
.
.

Here is a quick and simple look I did with it!


I first applied the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ gold light allover the lids, then applied the Aqua Cream ~ 02 Steel from the lashline upwards just following the natural shape of the eyes. Followed with Tight lining the upper lashline, used an ivory eye pencil on the waterline to make the eyes look brighter. Finished off with curling the lashes and applying mascara.


I love love love the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara! Makes my lashes look super defined and visibly longer. I've been using this mascara for about two weeks now. It's 100% smudge-proof and holds the curl all day long to the ultimate!



Okay, this close up picture doesn't do justice to the greatness of the mascara at all, haha. :p


Doesn't Aqua Cream ~ 02 Steel look pretty on the eyes? :)


Squinting again, urghs! %&$§~@#' (x . X)

Okay, gotta catch some sleep now, since it's 3 am over here! Yawn! ZzzZzzz...


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

43 comments:

eri said...

ooh jess i love that MUFE color!

wow...i could never wear those lippies! i'm not daring enough! great pigmentation though!

DSK Steph said...

The Lime Crime lipsticks are so pigmented!

I really want to get my hands on the MUFE Cream shadows, I love cream shadows :)

By the way, I do have the sterling 18" heart link necklaces in stock if you're still interested. Sorry it took me so long!

<3
Steph

♥akisa♥ said...

wow that's one loud pink lippie! Will save thsi for uploading to BeautySwatch soon. Love your FOTD

Askmewhats said...

Your lip swatches are wonderful! the shades look scary and weird on tube but they look perfect on your lips!!!

Liana said...

omg those lipsticks are gorgeous! love the packaging...they are pretty loud colors, but that's the fun of makeup right? :P

Lulu said...

yay for aqua cream! i am loving mine too! u should get a blush color too :) would love to hear ur thoughts and tricks on applying it. i tried its blush color #5 this weekend, and used too heavy of a hand the first time, and my cheeks looked so pink it looked like i was sick :( so i had to redo the whole thing. but w/ a super light hand, i really loved the look -- plus they never smeared throughout the day.

I've seen those lipsticks in the mall before and have wondered about them! They look so scary in the tube but on your lips they look amazing, and super pigmented too. Plus the packaging looks super cute!

Blovet Beauty said...

I have limecrime lippies too and they r super pigmented!

Denysia said...

Those Lime Crime lipsticks look amazing! :)

~Lisa said...

Ohh...pretty!! <---- =D

Lime Crime lipsticks are sooo pigmented and that MUFE color looks quite nice!!

I also love your blog layout! So dainty and pretty! ^^

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com

aisyah De Cullen said...

where to get lime crime lippies anyway? I like the fuschia one! <3 As for the purple, LOL, I'm not that brave yet. Aaah, again, I love their casing.. very fairy-tale ish.

Catherine said...

Pretty FOTD!! Love that shadow on you! I'm really lemming one of the Aqua Creams too, I think I'll get the taupe one though. :D

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I love the steel shade too! looks pretty on your eyes.

Dina (XYYan) said...

The lipsticks' shade are really bold! I don't think I'll ever wear these shades too :D. Pretty FOTD!

galpal.hi said...

Love your FOTD! Just beautiful!

The lip colors were actually quite pretty on. I liked all of those colors.

*Kat*

Tammy said...

Oooh Jess I'm liking the fuscia lippie on you! The purple one is really outrageous, reminds me of the 80's XD
The MUFE Steel looks great on you... very metallic without looking too grey and lifeless hehe <3

Paris B said...

Gosh! That colour reminds me of Benefit Skinny Jeans (but lighter and more steely) and I think I like it! help :P

Meowcake said...

Hey hun, I'm not sure if you already knew this but Limecrime actually just steal pigments from a company and make it into their own. I can't remember the company but there has been a lot of coverage on the situation. She just takes the pigment and then sells it for more! I think it's outrageous. She's lied ever since she started in the business. Even when she was making clothes, she used to send poorly made clothes and then when she got complaints she'd say really offensive things.

JordanMayTwigs said...

I've got a Lime Crime MagicDust.
But I've been jonesing for a Lime Crime Lippie.
I was supposed to go to there event a few months ago.
But things fell through.
:(

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

Penelope said...

Goreous FOTD! Also liking the Lime Crime lipsticks. Have seen them in store, but with their bold colour I didn't dare to try them out. After seeing how good they look on you, I'll be checking Centrifuchsia out!

Cherry said...

The look is so pretty. I have heard good things about the limecrime lipsticks also, but I agree that the colors are a little too intense, it is fun to try it sometimes though. Oh man, I got to get my hands on the aqua creams now, haha!^0^

Anya said...

LOVE MUFE aqua cream 2 steel and kiss me heroine long & curl mascara too! :D

do you prefer finger or brush application with the aqua cream, jess?

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Thanks for swatching those lippies Jess, I probably won't be daring enough to wear those shades... :)

Also love that silver cream shadow you got looks very natural and simple to use :)

LS said...

those lippies seem very pigmented. i'll have to check them out when i get a chance. the steel aqua cream looks great on you. i'll forgive the ugly jar lol

Jess said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

@ Liana:
The colors of Lime Crime Makeup are indeed super loud! ;)

@ Lulu:
Yes, I was tempted to get a Aqua Cream for the cheeks, but I was afraid of failing with blending, so I resisted, haha...

@ aisyah De Cullen:
You can purchase Lime Crime Makeup online at http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/

@ Tammy:
Yes Aqua Cream 02 Steel is a gorgeous silvery grey that makes the eyes pop!

@ Anya:
I haven't tried applying the Aqua Cream with a brush yet. I think that it works well with just my fingers. ;)

Rinny said...

Wow those lippies are so bold - definitely not something I would wear out haha

AmyE said...

What lipstick are you wearing in the look that you posted? It is SO pretty.

Makeup Morsels said...

Airborne Unicorn is my favorite, I love purple lipsticks. The MUFE cream shadow you picked is also very pretty, I'm very tempted to get one of those

Vonvon said...

I love all the 3 shades of the lippies. Must check out their site.

I like MUFE Aqua Cream #2 Steel a lot. Your EOTD is very soft with a metallic pop. Likey!

I tried out MUFE Steel with #3 Silver and it's a gorgeous combo. It gave the metallic silver-gray smoky look.

Jess said...

@ AmyE:
Thank you! I'm wearing Rouge G De Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact ~ 02 Gardenia.

Lisa ♔ said...

Jess, the colors on you are really beautifully soft, pastel like and the lip color really brings out your glowing complexion.

Lime crime lipstick are quite striking! My first thought were 'Wow...such bright pop of color'. When you swatched them, they look more toned down. The packaging in those are really pretty and I do like them!

Thank you Jess *Hugs*

*~kAy~* said...

such pretty colors! <3 I don't know if the lipsticks will even suit me ahha :P a bit bold than I'm used to :P

I like your look btw!

fuzkittie said...

LOVE 02 on you! :D So flattering to your skin tone!

Connie De Alwis said...

The MUFE aqua cream looks kinda similar to benefit's skinny jeans. I so want the teal one!

Sophia said...

Nice post! Thanks for sharing! I've heard that Light Summer Lips are in this season. What do you think? These colors go both ways.

Blair said...

Jess you're kidding me right? I LOVE your lip swatches!! Initially I wanted to ask your permission to show your lip pics on my blog =D

Did you know that the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara won last years #1 spot for the best mascara category in @cosme? I'm definitely placing it in my wishlist since you like it so much!

Nic Nic said...

Ohh I love the first and last lipsticks on you! Lovely fotd, the e/s is very pretty!

coffretgorge said...

Jess! the lime crime lippie in Centrifuchsia looks so hot! :) hahaha! MUFE aqua eyes steel looks great also. :)

Tara said...

love the lipstick! new follower.

check out my blog@ beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

izumi said...

i'm really loving that aqua cream on you :D and centrifushia too!

Karen said...

You look flawless and pretty! The shimmery e/s looks like a soft metallic that is great for everyday looks. The lip colors are so bold but gorgeous.. and I adore cruelty-free products, two thumbs up :)

The Little Dust Princess said...

I LOVE the fuchsia lipstick. <3

DANA said...

those lipsticks are gorgeous!! looks really nice on your lips! =D
also, the mufe aqua cream omg i so want some now hahaha...
thanks for your comment! truly appreciate it! ^^

♥~ WinWin ~♥ said...

hey gal.. welcome back .. i am back too if u still rem mi.. haha.. nice giveaways prizes.. why dont i have this kinda luck... haha..

Love,
Winwin
www.princessdiary-winwin.blogspot.com

Popular Posts