Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Haul from Sasa and Make Up For Ever + FOTD : Glowy Pink

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I think, it's been about one week or so that I haven't blogged, but to me, it feels like a really long time already, haha...

The lack of posts is due to my usual full-time job during summer break. I'm working 6 days a week - 10 hours per day. Just for those who are interested, the working hours are from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 11:30 pm everyday (common opening hours of restaurants here in Austria). Wished, I could conjure up more time for myself...

Nevertheless, I really hope that I'll still manage to maintain blogging during the following three months, since blogging is passion and therapy for me. I feel like blogging helps me to get rid of all the stress. Do you feel the same too? ;)

-
-
-

My Sasa order, that arrived about two weeks ago.



Haha, you must think that I have gone crazy or something for buying four Koji Eyelash Curlers at one time! But I had to try out No. 70, No. 71 and No. 100! No. 73 is going to be a prize in my coming giveaway! ;)


KOJI Eyelash Curler No 70



I haven't used this one yet, but from comparing the shape to No 71, it's basically the same but slightly bigger/wider and has longer handles.


KOJI Eyelash Curler No 71



Fuzkittie's favorite Koji Eyelash Curler actually! This eyelash curler fits smaller and flat Asian eyes super well! My lashes get super nicely curled/lifted from the roots with it.


KOJI Eyelash Curler No 100



I got this one just for fun I think, haha... Honestly, I haven't figured out how to make it work yet.


KISS ME HEROINE Make Long & Curl Mascara



I've read lots of raves about this mascara. No need to say, that I had to get one for myself to try out, hehe... Catherine from Strawberry Mochi also did a video and an awesome review, which you can see here!


The brush wand has a slight curved shape and fits the eyes really nicely. You probably can't see in the photo, but it has fibers in it, which helps to achieve super long lashes. This mascara is really awesome!

I love it a lot! My lashes have never been that defined, long and curled/lifted like with this mascara! Will do close-up photos of my eyes using this mascara for a detailed review!


ROTHO C Cube Eyedrops


I've tried a lot of different eyedrops from the local pharmacy, but none were able to make my eyes feel comfortable when wearing contacts, so I decided to give Rotho a try. I have super sensitive and dry eyes. Contact lenses seem to irritate and dry out my eyes a lot.

I feel it does moisturize my eyes very well. I can wear my contacts for a couple of hours now, and my eyes still don't feel that dry.

-
-
-

My very first Make Up For Ever products ever.




MAKE UP FOR EVER Sculpting Blush ~ 08 Satin Indian Pink


Very sleek and simple packaging.


08 Satin Indian Pink is a real bright pink color. It is super pigmented, yet blends effortlessly. There is no shimmer to it, but it doesn't look flat at all though. The staying power is amazing! Wore it the whole day, and it didn't even fade a little!


MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye Shadow ~ 109



I think this shade has already been closed down, since I couldn't find it at Make Up For Ever's official website anymore.


I've been told by the SA that this can be used as eyeshadow or blush. I got it mainly to use as a highlighter, because the silky glow is so pretty.

-
-
-

Here is a simple look I did using the two Make Up For Ever products.


Using Dior Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup SPF 10 ~ 020 for base makeup. I got this last week. Nay for my dark under-eye-bags! :/


The Dior Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup is a winner too. It has a light to medium coverage, which is enough for evening out the complexion. This mineral powder does not look powdery at all. Makes my skin look very smooth and glowy, and the staying power is superb.


It is not claimed as non-comedogenic, but it didn't cause any break out so far.


So, don't my lashes look much more curled/lifted and longer at once? Thanks to Koji Eyelash Curler No 71 and Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara!! I've tried the highly raved Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus some time ago too, but it didn't work for me at all.


Super bright pink cheeks with Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush ~ 08 Satin Indian Pink. I used the Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow ~ 109 as eyeshadow all over the lids and as a highlighter on the highest point of my cheekbones. I really love the nice glow!


I hope, I will be able to accomplish the giveaway that I have been talking of for some time now, soon! Also, 'Hello!' to all my new readers! ;)


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

44 comments:

lilluna5416 said...

oh thanks for the review on the curlers! i see them in the store but have no idea which one to get maybe i should try 71!

mandy said...

So many eyelash curlers! If you didn't post about them I'd never guess that they're for different eyeshapes. I saw them at a store in chinatown and thought they were all the same (but wondered why they were in different packaging lol)

YenRobles said...

Your skin looks so flawless!

Dina (XYYan) said...

Wow, so many lash curlers! I'm using the no.71 (thanks to Fuz too!) and I love it to bits! It really curls up my lashes :). The MUFE blushes look so gorgeous on you, I love your glowing cheekS :D

Denysia said...

Love the Koji Eyelash Curlers! I need to get some for myself very soon! :)

Mary in Wonder said...

Oh the MUFE blush looks so nice!! Where did you buy it? There's a store in Austria? I want a mascara of theirs but ebay rarely has it and Amazon doesn't ship it to Europe @.@
Might be a dumb question, but why are you working in Austria? Why this country? If I remember well, you don't live there, do you?

Askmewhats said...

I haven't hauled from Sasa the LONGEST time!!!! Whatever I want from sasa, I list it down and hope to visit HK soon! hehehe :) Love your fotd as always fresh faced girl!

galpal.hi said...

60 hours a week? OMG! That's crazy! You poor thing! You must be totally exhausted.

What a great Sasa haul...yeah, I was wondering...4 eyelash curlers?! What is the shape of the #71? I really like Shu Uemura's eyelash curler but heard so many great things about Shiseido's one that I bought it. When I look at the shape of it, it is much more curved than Shu Uemura's. I should do a review on it. I definitely still like Shu Uemura's one over Shiseido.

The MUFE blush is a great color. Your FOTD is beautiful, as usual.

Take care and stay healthy!

*Kat*

With Love, Elle said...

wowee so many curlers! i wanna get a curler from koji too but dont know wic one to get >.<

xoxo elle

ning * star said...

i love your FOTD... glow glow pink... pretty!
I'm using No.70, so far so good :)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I was wondering where you were! I didn't see much posts from you last week :p

YAY for all your goodies! I've never bought anything from the Makeup Forever line but they've been gaining a lot of good reputation from their quality products :)

I can't wait for your review on the Kiss Me mascara!

Your lashes do look longer. I have to look into those eyelash curlers! :)

Shanghainesedumpling said...

Wow you've got so many eye lash curlers, can't wait for your review about them all :). Also don't forget to let us know how the mascara goes.

BeautyOnTheWay said...

You look pretty with your hair tied up ^_^

giang said...

u look gorggggg

Blair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa ♔ said...

Hi Jess,

Nice Haul. I 've never seen so many eyelash curlers in one go..lol

Will be looking forward to your mascara review.

Sometimes juglling both work and blogging could be hard work. Hope you stay positive =)

Have a great day =)

Nic Nic said...

love the blush on you, it so pretty!

nice haul Jess! let us know how the last curlers work out :)

mint said...

amazing hauls! :D the mascara looks interesting and I love the simple look. It's very sweet.

lipton|TEE said...

You got a lot of great products! I loved the blush colors they're very pretty. I've never heard of these eyelash curlers until I came over here and read about them.

JordanMayTwigs said...

I was thinking about making a SaSa Haul.
But desided agianst it.
Maybe in the future when I can afford the shipping costs.
:/

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

mayaari said...

blogging definitely helps me to de-stress from work, even just reading a few blogs during the day to take a break from whatever I'm doing :)

the MUFE blush looks pretty on you! the bright pink really brightens up your face and looks natural. ooh, I have the 100 eyelash curler as well...I haven't used it much since I still need to learn how to use it properly, but I think it's supposed to help curl the tiny lower lashes more?

Leenda said...

The blush looks great on you! I've been wanting to try a Koji lash curler and that mascara bc of Catherine. Oh the effect we beauty bloggers have on one another. lol

M.A.C.nunu said...

Oh hey I missed this post?! it didn't show up on my blog roll :(
Omg so many curlers! do they really make a difference? I know absolutely nothing about curlers - I use a $2 one xD but I do notice the curve doesn't fit my one eye so well...hmmm will have to look into these!
Ooooh the MUFE Sculpting blush is soo pretty!
They say the Hadalabo mask is same as if you soaked up some sheet masks in the lotion - since for some reason I bought 3 bottles, I'm gonna try that out!

♥~ WinWin ~♥ said...

hihi... nice look!! haha~

eri said...

ooh! i've been wanting to try koji curlers for the longest time, but i couldn't figure out what number to get! now i know! :)

tania said...

the koji 100 curler is really good for when you wear fake lashes. it makes it much easier to clamp your real lashes and fake lashes together! really gets in the corners!

Lulu said...

great haul Jess! haha I actually was just thinking about getting all the different types of Koji curlers on Sasa too so I can compare them! LOL great minds think alike! I also want to try 100 cuz i think it looks really cool, i guess it would be useful to pink falsies and real lashes together.

yay for MUFE products. majorlica majorca also didn't work out for me, but kiss me heroine is my all time favorite! it looks great on you too! love the cheek color on you, what a nice glow!

wow your working hours is tough!!

amynaree said...

you look so cute! love the blush on you :)

i really want to try the dior powder as well, i'm loving their concealer right now!

LS said...

sweet sweet haul dear! i gotta try the ROTHO eyedrops asap, my eyes are very dry sometimes too. the MUFE blushes are very cute on you

...SimMiChikO said...

ooh your face looks sooo fresh and sweet. i love the heroine mascara...one of my top favorite asian mascaras ever!

CherieamourXO said...

Hi Jess!! That blush looks gorgeous on u!!! It's such a pretty bright pink! Please do a review on the lash curlers :) I am interested in buying if they cost less than Shu Uemura but works just as well! Take care love!

DSK Steph said...

You look so summery & cute! MUFE #08 looks gorgeous!

Irene said...

If you ever figure out how to use that KOJI curler #100, please do share!! I have it too and still don't know how to make it work LOL ^^;

STEPHENIE WONG said...

i tried the c-cube eyedrop before, it really useful to bring out, coz its so small.

Vonvon said...

That's a lot of eyelash curlers!

That blush looks very pretty on you. Gives a rosy flush.

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Kiss me mascara is my favorite !!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Hi Jess :D

You left a msg asking me how i put the pictures side by side on my blog - well, I usually just upload it and arrange it as small. Upload the next one without pressing the space bar and it somehow sticks together :p Also, you can adjust your width on the blogger design tab now :) I did make my width for the blog bigger so it probably can fit my pics side by side in medium sized now :p I hope it helps! :D Looking forward to your next entry :D

Jian said...

Hi jess! Wow..you sound like you're working uber hard! Make sure you get enough rest too!

I did wonder when I saw the eyelash curlers why you needed so many! Haha~ Aww, we'll all look forward to your giveaway I'm sure!

And the MUFE blush you got looks really gorgeous on you! It gives you a lovely fresh kawaii look! =)

Actually i've been very curious about the kiss me heroine make long & curl mascara too since seeing catherine's ravings about it! Next time I stick an online order in, I'll definitely get it I think!

Mona said...

PRETTY GIRLLLLL!!! i'm loving that blush on you :)

i love the heroine mascara hahah i got through them pretty quickly :P

fuzkittie said...

The MUFE blusher looks great on you, sooo cute! <33 What a great haul, and I'm glad you love the curler and mascara, and Dior powder!! :D

Makeup Morsels said...

wow so many things in this post that I want to try! It's awesome that Koji makes so many different shapes of curlers, and it sounds like those eyedrops could really help me. My eyes get dry and tired easily. Also, I've heard Cat rave about that mascara a bunch, I think I'll pick one up when I go to Taiwan on wednesday

Popcorn said...

ohhhh! The KOJI eyelash Curler No 100 seems like an eyelash curler for false lashes. Is it? Or is it a curler for bottom lashes? hahah

Connie De Alwis said...

wow, I didn't think one brand could have so many curler! Great haul!

izumi said...

wow, so many different lash curlers :D glad you found one that worked for you!

Popular Posts