Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Monday, May 17, 2010

R E V I E W : Sisley Neck Cream + Goodies from Shainghainese Dumpling

I can't bear cold weather any longer! It's been freezing cold and stormy the recent days due to a cold front that is passing Europe. A few Austrian cities were concerned with flooding too. :/

Argh, the bad weather annoys me a lot! Maybe that's the main reason for my bad mood lately? Hmm..., let's hope, it's going to be warm and beautiful very soon!

.
.
.

Today, I'm going to review the Sisley Neck Cream. I've been using it for about four weeks now I think. My skin around the neck is really dry and wrinkly by nature, so it was about time to start using something effective. I purchased it after having tried out a few sample sachets that were given to me. You might already guess that I'm loving it, not? ;)



Packaging

The cream comes in a heavy glass jar, which I don't find hygienic. I don't know about you, but I'm always too lazy to use the attached spatula, haha...

Scent
Very pleasant herbal scent with a floral note.

Texture and benefits
The consistency of this cream is just amazing. Super rich and creamy, yet spreads easily and absorbs into skin qhickly without leaving any stickiness or residue behind. I can't stand creams that do not completely absorb (especially on parts of my body), so YAY for this issue!



After the first few applications, I noticed that my skin already felt much softer, supple and well moisturized. Meanwhile, I can totally see that the deep lines that are my main issues have visibly diminished quite a bit. Of course, the cream did not (and will never able to) magic away existing wrinkles and lines, but my skin around the neck has actually become much firmer and smoother with continuous use once a day in the evening after the shower.



Verdict
Sisley Neck Cream is probably the most effective neck cream for dry and wrinkly skin I have ever tried. Very moisturizing and firming! I love the scent, the rich and creamy consistency and the fact, it completely absorbs into the skin. The price is shocking, but I definitely will repurchase, since I can see the positive results, and a little goes a long way.


Price: 2/5
Packaging: 2/5
Texture and scent: 5/5
Results: 4/5
========
Overall: A -
(distraction, due to non-hygienic packaging and heavy price tag)


*Edit: Jojoba of My Makeup Reviews was shocked that I'm using such a rich cream, which in her opinion is designed for more mature skin. Yes, I totally agree that this cream is rather for mature skin, and a regular moisturizer is totally sufficient for young skin.

But, what she probably did not know is that the skin of my neck is totally different to that of my face for some weird reason (must be the bad genes for sure!). I have a very very dry and wrinkly neck by nature. I also noticed, the lines have gotten even deeper as they already were, in the recent few years. I think, the skin of my neck should belong to a woman of the 40s, not to me, haha...

I used to use my regular moisturizer for the neck, but this seemed not very sufficient for my needs anymore, and that's why I decided it was about time to switch my 'neck care regimen' to fight the early aging signs!

As to to ingredients, I was very skeptic about this product at first, since it contained mineral oil, which my skin doesn't tolerate that well for usual. But for some reason, my skin not only didn't get irritated, but I could definitely see an improvement of the skin. So, all in all I have to say, this product is just working for me, even if the ingredients might not be perfect.

I apologize, if I was unclear in the review!


______

SISLEY'S PRODUCT INFORMATION

A firming formula specifically designed for the skin on the throat.
The skin on the neck is very different from that on the face. Throat Cream caters to its specific needs, with extracts of Rhatany and Lady's Mantle, helping to:

  • redefine the contours of the throat, * fight visible signs of ageing and the appearance of lines,
  • firm, smooth and refine the skin's texture.
Directions for Use
Apply regularly, morning and night, from the base of the neck up to the chin.
Once a week, exfoliate with Gentle Facial Buffing Cream to clear your skin of surface dead cells and other impurities. The neck often ages in a similar way to the hands: Sisleÿa Hand Cream will help keep your hands looking smooth and firm. Active Ingredients:
  • Lady's mantle :astringent, fights free radicals
  • Algae Extract :revitalizes
  • Myrrh: disinfects
  • Rhatany: astringent
  • Linden: softens, soothes

______
Source of Product Information: sisley-cosmetics.com


.
.
.

I received a package from Ena of Shanghainese Dumpling today! I ordered two clover key earrings and a flower hair tie from her. This turned out to be kind of a swap, since she wanted some items of my blog sale, hehe... Korean fashion jewelry is so adorable and cute!



Again, she added some lovely freebies for me! A pair of Eiffel Tower earrings and some Vitacreme B12 and Vitacreme B12 Serum samples for me to try. Can't wait to use the serum and cream tonight, hehe... Thank you, Ena! ♥ Go here to read Ena's Vitacreme B13 review!


Sweet Clover Key Swarovski Crystal Earrings ~ silver



So dainty and cute! And the swarovski crystals are so shiny! The photo doesn't do it justice at all!



Sweet Clover Key Swarovski Crystal Earrings ~ gold



I think these earrings look even prettier in gold than in silver, but this one was ordered by my sister, hehe... anyway, gold doesn't flatter my skintone too well.



Sweet Multicolor Hair Tie



I love how sparkly the rhinestones are! Perfect for adding a little bit something to a simple ponytail!



Eiffel Tower Earrings



The freebie by Ena! So girly and cute! Wished, I have the possibility to visit Paris soon again!



Vitacreme B12 and Vitacreme B12 Anti-Ageing Serum samples



Vitacreme B12 is said to be something like a little miracle cream, so I'm excited to try it out!

Off to the shower and having a restful evening now (the weekend was exhausting as usual...)! Have a great week ahead, everyone!


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

20 comments:

miss wiggle said...

Oh NOO you liked the neck cream?!!!! *SIGH* Now I'll have to go out and empty my wallet! Neck lines are the bane of my existence LOL~

Thanks so much for the review!

fuzkittie said...

I have two neck lines, I'm sure you've noticed, haha. I just hope whatever I'm using now can stop them from deepening, won't expect any cream to erase them!! :( I'll make sure that my daughter (if I ever have one) don't ever get neck lines. :P

Jess said...

miss wiggle:
Hehe, yes I love it a lot! ;)

fuzkittie:
You are seriously kidding me! Your neck looks super smooth and perfect! Haha, let me know how you are going to prevent your future daughter from getting neck lines, oki?! ;) LOL

Catherine said...

Some days I absolutely hate my oily skin but on others I am so thankful I don't have very dry skin. I can barely remember even to moisturize the eczema prone spots on my arms much less my neck every day lol. I am just too lazy!! Glad to hear the Sisley neck cream is working well for you though! I can only imagine how irritating dry skin on the neck would be since it's so much more sensitive than other parts of the body.

And OMG those Eiffel Tower earrings are soooooooo cute!! :D

Lulu said...

i never noticed my neck much until you mentioned about neck cream, i have two lines too :( ahhhh!! okay i'll try to apply my facial moisturizer there for a while and see if anything improves (doubt it), if not, time to get neck creams! :p

the earrings you ordered from Ena is so adorable! i still have to review the vitacreme b12 + serum!

coffretgorge said...

extreme weather conditions can really affect the mood right jess? :) i hope it gets better for you, for me its always hot and sunny here, why cant we have the perfect weather all year round? *sigh*

its great you found a product that works for your neck, it looks very luxurious, while reading your review i kept thinking about getting one for my mom. :D

adorable stuff from ena! and shes a very generous seller i see! :) have a great week jess!

ps. did you get the Coffret D'or CM eyes beige black mix? hehe :)

Makeup Morsels said...

oh god sisley products are ridiculously expensive. I remember loving one of their lip balms only to discover that one teeny little pot was $70 *passes out* I'm glad the neck cream works for you though! omg love the jewelry you picked out, and those eiffel tower earrings are very cute!

Dina (XYYan) said...

I only use regular face cream for my neck, i don't it works much but better than none right? :D
The earrings are so cute! I always love clover design :)

heartofpearl ♡ said...

it looks like a really thick cream but if it shows results then i guess there's nothing to complain about :) i guess the price u can see it as ur paying for something that works rather than buying lots of cheap ones that are ineffective and don't show results. wasting money that way hehe. pretty accessories!! x

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Luckily I don't have any neck lines YET. Hopefully I don't need to use it by next few years, haha...

I love the Eiffel Tower Earrings, so cute....

hannahhloves said...

wow cool! i didnt even know they made products like this, thanks for making this post! ( :

ning * star said...

those earings are sooooo cute ... omg!

Nic Nic said...

great review.. i personally dont use neck creams but i am using the Vitacreme B12 on it time to time.. i think you're right about it being genetics.. because it's the same with my mum.. her face looks looks young for her ages but she has more deeper lines around the neck area.. I shall ask her to check that out - she loves Estee Lauder usually .. I think prevention is better than cure anyhow, thank you for the detailed review :)

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

i feel bad for you, seriously. have you tried pur vitamin E oil? i really think you have to try out pure natural stuff to see if it works. i am old and old schooled so i'd rather go with simple things. but if this works that well for you, then you should stick to it. kill those unwanted wrinkles.

LS said...

Great review! the neck cream looks so luxurious. yay no more turkey neck ^^ and shanghainese dumling is so sweet for sending you those pretty goodies

Connie De Alwis said...

I've been reading and seeing this vitamin B12 cream. I'm very curious now!
I've made peace with my neck lines... I'm too lazy! :p

Tammy said...

Great review, Jess! I think the neck area is something a lot of us miss out on because of course the most immediate concern is the face--myself included!

Jessying said...

maybe you can try to apply those sleeping mask on your neck too now? Also sunblock during the day? And wow those earrings are lovely!

superwoolu said...

i regret not taking care of my necklines when i could have :( i dont think sisley is readily available here! *wails*

izumi said...

can't wait to read your review about b12 cream :D

Popular Posts