Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A non beauty related post... Fashion related?!

Happy midweek everyone, actually I should be sitting at my writing desk and study for some exams next week. But when I have to study, I always do anything else but not what I should...! Do you know that too? Argh, I really should be more disciplined!

I got some new clothes for spring/summer, and two pairs of sandals that I discovered at Zara. I've never bought any shoes from Zara until now, but they definitely have one of the most stylish designs that are affordable too.

So, today it's going to be a non beauty related post. Hmm, sort of a fashion post?! I'm not super informed about the latest trends, but I still love fashion, haha... which woman doesn't? I like this year's spring/summer fashion a lot!

Onto the shoes!


Aren't these sandals just gorgeous (haha, I noticed my favorite word seems to be gorgeous', huh?)? The leather is so super soft and comfortable to wear!


The golden chain detail on the sides make these sandals look so chic! These sandals will go with almost everything I think. Especially hot when paired with denim clothes! Oh, and I forgot to mention that the cream white is so flattering against fair skin!


It has zippers at the back. You have to open the zippers in order to get into the shoes. You can also open the chain, that has a snap hook, but I can get into them just by opening the zippers.

Next pair!


I love flat sandals, cause I can't walk in heels, haha... Actually I didn't really like sandals with rhinestones, but I really like the design of this pair.


These sandals will instantly spice up a simple outfit, since they are so 'bling bling', hehe...


I have to show you these Diesel shorts, because I'm totally in love with them! I have been kinda searching high and low for the perfect denim shorts, and these are just the coolest I have come across! Here they are! Diesel Mintha Denim Shorts in Midblue


Everything about these shorts is perfect! The wash, the destroyed look, the fit... I ordered mine at an online shop, since they were sold out in my size everywhere here! Unbelievable, huh? I noticed that the shops have restocked meanwhile though.


.
.
.

I got inspired by Fuz' Mix & Match videos! So here are some Mix & Match outfits for spring/summer by me! ;)

Note: click on the pictures to enlarge!


Outfit 1

T-shirt: H&M | Cardigan: Mango | Belt: Benetton | Denim shorts: Diesel | Sandals: Zara


I think short pants and skirts lengthen the appearance, making you look taller. Yes, I have somewhat bent legs and the typical bulky Asian knees! Can't fight heredity, haha...


Outfit 2
T-shirt: Review | Denim Shorts: Diesel | Shoes: Zara


A really casual and cute everyday look for summer! Ehh, yes, I have a tummy that is unable to hide in tight shirts, hehe...


Outfit 3
Blouse: Zara | Shorts: Mango | Sandals: Zara


A bit more elegant and feminine... love the wide fit of the blouse!


Outfit 4

Cardigan: Zara | Top: Benetton | Shorts: Mango | Sandals: Zara


Love the short bat sleeves and the soft peachy color of the cardigan!

I have always been very into soft neutral shades with clothes too, not only with makeup, hehe...


Outfit 5
Blouse: Zara | Belt: Mexx | Shorts: Tommy Hilfiger Denim | Sandals: Zara


I was so positively surprised that I was able to fit into these pants again, haha. Weird! They were pretty tight when I bought them about two years ago. As time went by, I didn't want to wear them anymore, since I felt I couldn't breathe in them, haha...


Outfit 6
Top: Mango | Scarf: Esprit | Shorts: Mango | Sandals: Zara


Oops, didn't notice there was so much dust on the mirror! Sorry! I thought I might use the scarf as a belt, in order to spice up the kinda conservative black-grey outfit a little bit, haha...

.
.
.

I couldn't pass the MAC counter today, when I saw that the 'Pret A Papier' and the 'To the Beach' collection has already been launched. Wow, I'm surprised that Austria is so fast this time! Of course, I didn't went home without getting my hands on something.

But I was good (I think)! I got one eyeshadow from 'To the Beach' and a blush from 'Pret A Papier' only! Sadly, it was all rainy and cloudy, so that I didn't have proper natural light for taking photos. Let's hope for a sunny tomorrow! I will show you the goodies in my next post!

Oh, and I also received my Laura Mercier blushes, that Catherine of Strawberry Mochi helped me to get! ;)

I can't wait wearing my new sandals and clothes! Wish, it is going to be warm and sunny soon! I hope you enjoyed my spring/summer outfits! ;)

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

40 comments:

Lulu said...

oo love your new sandals and love all the outfits! scarf as a belt is a neat idea, i'm definitely going to try that our next time!

Yin said...

Im so jealous, you can pull of denim shorts, I'm can't! Love the white sandals.

Good luck for exams.

eri said...

omg i LOVE those shoes!!! they're so cute/pretty :) and i love the outfits. i like this post! do more please! :)

Jess said...

Thanks everyone! So glad to hear, you enjoy my outfit post! ;)

Catherine said...

OOOH I love both of your sandals!! OMG. I've been looking for cute sandals (that fit me lol) everywhere!!! Wish I had a Zara close to me!

Love all your outfits too! I wish I were half as stylish as you and Fuz!

fuzkittie said...

yayy!!! I was so excited for this post, haha! You know I LOVE your color choices, so soft, definitely my kind of colors. Those shorts are definitely awesome, I want some Diesel denim, they're incredibly expensive though. LOVE the second pair of ZARA sandals, the stones are really pretty. And the soft peachy cardigan!! <33

Female_intuition said...

The sandals are SO GORGEOUS omg, I'm gonna go to ZARA right after my finals are done! haha

Jess said...

fuzkittie:
Thank you! Hehe, that's actually why I also LOVE your style so much!! Because your taste is totally my kind of taste! ;)

I kinda felt, you would like the second sandals more, hehe... yep, Diesel denims are ridiculously high-priced! :/

lilluna5416 said...

love the white sandals!!!! they look comfy!

Askmewhats said...

Jess, I reckon you post more outfit and fashion posts! Love your sandals, I could never wear heels so these sandals you posted are pure love

Babybubblz said...

Aw thanks for the sweet comments Jess =)

I love dressy sandals! I totally agree that they spice up any outfit. The scarf belt looks so natural! I can't wait till warmer weather hits so that I can wear my sandals again too.

Zuuchini said...

omg! the first pairs are just lovely!!

hannahh♥s said...

i love, LOVE, LOVEE your white sandals!!

miss wiggle said...

Lovely lovely! I like look #1 the very best, but you look great in all of them. :)

coffretgorge said...

im in love with outfit no.4 Jess! GORGEOUS! (i love that word too hehe)

those sandals are really beautiful, great buys! :)

Dina (XYYan) said...

Love both of the sandals, esp the first one. the gold chain detail is just too cute! I need to get a pair sandals too. And your cardigan in outfit 4 is so cute!! I want it! Hehe..

Leenda said...

I really like the sandals! I really like outfit number 1 and 6. =]

Juli said...

I like both sandals too! And I love the outfits O_O I might attempt to use some with my own stuff that's similar :P haha

Twiggy said...

luv your outfits! i hope you'll do more fashion posts and share some of your lovely outfits with us. i never heard of zara until i read about them on fuz's and your blogs. is their stuff available online? oh, and those white sandals look so comfy! i'm so jealous!

LS said...

whoa so many nice outfits and shoes. i love the short the most. it's so cute for summer

innerchild said...

Omg, I love your shoes and outfit, Jess!!! You should totally post your ouftits more often, so chic and casual, love the color scheme. I don't see what's wrong with your legs and knees? .-.

I enjoyed this post. Have a great rest-of-the-week, Jess :D

Edwina said...

just found your page! i really like those sandals that you picked up at zara, very pretty and classy!! :D

giang said...

those diesel shorts are hot!! and so are the sandals :)

Yumeko said...

hellooo gorgeous heee

love your fabulous outfits

the white pair of shoes was my fave!!

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I love the white sandals, it's so cool!

Nic Nic said...

cute summer sandals! i love the cream white ones best.. wish i can pull off denim short off like that ;) lovely outfit post!

Jamilla Camel said...

Love the sandals and the outfits!!

I wear cropped jeans now instead of cut-offs!

superwoolu said...

love the sandals! and lavvvv your 3rd outfit! i did not see that blouse at zara the other day i went shopping :( maybe Canada's fashion is just reallyyy back dated =/

viickietoria said...

cutee! i love zara but there isn't one near my house :\ and love diesel too. <3

Makeup Morsels said...

ooooh love those sandals! the zipper and chain make them look so special. I like your cardigans a lot too, they look very soft. psh what tummy are you talking about? you're super skinny

baby said...

hey~where you bought the white sandals?and how much ?

Tammy said...

I really love the white sandals in the picture but your other ones REALLY pull everything together for a fun summer look! Cute mix n match photos Jess, now I wanna do the same hehehe

izumi said...

woohoooo!!! i loveeeeeee this post :) love your fashion sense, outfit 6 is my favorite.

PinkOrchids said...

I'm in love with your Zara sandals <3

Jian said...

I LOVE THE OUTFIT POST!!! So many pretty outfits! And I love those sandals! I had my eye on the diamante-studded ones the last time I was in Zara!!!

Must be warm for you now then! We've had the most horrible freezing wet week so far this 'spring'. I've gone from wearing skirts back into jeans and ugg-boot mode. T__T it's too cold!!!!!

Lara said...

Awesome outfits, plain, simple but very stunning! Thank you fro sharing some fashion tips.. . .those sandals.......I'm off to zara!!!:-)))

Tammy said...

Yes I definitely have to agree that my style in clothing has changed a lot being in Asia--for one, I only brought one set of clothes there with two empty suitcases and two, clothes in Asia are so cute!! As for makeup, I definitely wear a lot less some days since I don't have enough time to put on my face in the mornings LOL Also, I only have a few items with me on this trip, such as BB cream, one Lavshuca neutral e/s palette, and mascara XD

Awww everyone is a little camera shy--no worries hehe I sometimes feel like taking photos are so tiring bc a lot of ppl think I don't look like I do in pictures than I do in person lol

emimonster said...

love the sandals they are so cute!!! great outfits too =)

Cinnabunnie said...

awwwe i love ur outfits girl :)
i hope ull be doing more posts like that soon! loving the white sandals!

Tracy said...

Ohhh! You did? That's cool! Looking forward to seeing your FOTD with the instant chic blush.

By the way, what writing exams were you referring to? Just curious... :)

Popular Posts