Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mini Haul : Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection

nHello! I hope everyone had great Easter Holidays! As to me, I'm still working full time until easter break is over. Hence, I can't wait this week to be finally over! ;)

So, as I'm lacking spare time, I only have a quick haul post for you today. Hope, you still enjoy though! I got my hands on two Estee Lauder items of the Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection last week, when I met up with the lovely Sheila of Mademoiselle Loves Beauty.

She is such a lovable person! Sheila, I'm so happy to have met you! I so enjoyed the short time we spent together! I wish, we can meet again soon (hopefully in Canada, hehe...)! ♥



You all might already know, how much I love nice packaging, don't you? Now, don't you think the Very Hollywood products come in adorable packagings? Well, I do! I can already tell, that I'm going to keep the boxes in my drawer (for a while at least), hehe...


ESTEE LAUDER Michael Kors Lip Sheen ~ 03 Starlet Peach (Limited Edition)



The texture of this lipstick is not super smooth nor creamy. It gives my pigmented lips a very sheer tint of color and shimmer actually. I love the elegant packaging a lot though. Kinda reminds me of Chanel.


ESTEE LAUDER Michael Kors Very Hollywood Lip Gloss ~ 34 Starlet Peach (Limited Edition)



The lip gloss is super shiny and applies very nice. It doesn't feel sticky, and I feel it instantly plumps my lips. There is no shimmer to it, and the finish is very glossy and milky. It goes perfectly with Lip Sheen ~ 03 Starlet Peach!


I'll hand in the photo of my lip swatch soon, since the photos I took today turned out awful for some reason.

Being lazy now, and enjoy myself with watching DVDs with a big bag of prawn crackers, hehe... Be sure, I'll be back with more elaborate posts soon!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

28 comments:

Sheila P said...

OMGosh!! After I left that day, I started to crave the lip gloss! I usually don't like Estee Lauder anything, so it was surprising. I'm going to try to see if I can find something similar in Chanel at the airport =D

Jess said...

Sheila P:
I'm not a big fan of Estee Lauder either usually, but I think the two picks are really yay! ;)

Lulu said...

ooo yes yes very adorable packaging indeed! looove peachy lippies :) I've never tried estee lauder lip products, but this collection looks nice, esp those pretty coral boxes hehehe :p

Jess said...

Lulu:
Yep, the coral boxes are super adorable!

*Anita* said...

i've never really been big on Estee Lauder's products but these colours actually look really pretty! :) xx

makeupmorsels said...

oh geez, I don't think my comment went through last time so sorry if you end up getting this twice. It's interesting that the lip gloss looks more pigmented than the lipstick, but I love the packaging on both. Which dvds are you watching today?

innerchild said...

Hi, Jess! I love your layout, makes me crave for chocolate or an icecream sundae with strawberry and chocolate xD That peach gloss looks sooo yummy~~

Catherine said...

HEEHEEHEE. I'm just like you Jess! I love pretty packaging or sleek packaging on makeup - I keep almost all the makeup boxes I buy hahaha. I actually just threw away about three large Papyrus bags worth because SO got fed up with me keeping them under the bedside table LOL. I still kept just a few boxes though (like for the Paul & Joe Disney blush).

The lipstick and gloss are so beautiful! I am not much of a gloss wearer, but I'm always so tempted to buy them because I love how the tubes look hehehe.

amynaree said...

i love the color of the gloss, it's so peachy pretty!

Crystal said...

Haha, I can see that you have been loving peachy color a lot. I like the lipstick a lot. The packaging is adborable also! Nice purchase!!

NicciMaree said...

I don't even wear lipgloss but I want to try that one. :D

LS said...

you're right! the packaging is indeed nice for these lip products. the boxes look thick and solid. i hate cheap looking products haha. and the lipstick color is also very pretty

♥akisa♥ said...

aww sorry to hear about the failed lip swatch! I have those days too. Look forward to seeing it on your lips~

Askmewhats said...

the lipgloss looks stunning! i see tiny gold speckles!!

Anonymous said...

EL lipsticks are hit and miss, but I agree with you on the lip gloss. I think they're underrated and I love them.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The starlet peach is so pretty! Like a sparkly nude :D Love it!

Jamilla Camel said...

I've eyeing the LEs bits of Estee Lauder's new collection, and you just might convince me to get something from EL!

ning * star said...

I think the colors are really pretty

MilknCookiie said...

I love the color of the lipgloss. It looks really nice for spring! :D

♥ Milk

miss wiggle said...

Gotta give it up to you lip swatch gals - it's really hard!! I took like, 10 photos of my lips today, and I think only 1 of them was sort of decent. xD

aretha said...

I'm not a big fan of Estee Lauder but I must say that both the lip sheen and lipgloss looks fantastic ! Please do an FOTD with them! =)

lisa (Makeupandlife*) said...

I dont wear alot of estee lauder either but hey I do buy alot of bobbi brown,mac etc which is by estee lauder company...lol

I like the lip sheen , I think the swatches are beautiful, abit reminds me of the Paul & joe lip balm.

lisa
xoxo

izumi said...

WOW what pretty colors!! :) i can't wait for your lip swatches, yours are the best!

Lydia said...

ahah thank you!
But you can do other types of makeup that look great!
When I write my review on Scott Barnes' book I will post 1 picture of a look for an Asian lady he did...:O her eyes look big!
Ever tried fake eyelashes?

PS love the l/s and l/g!!!!

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I love the color of the Lip Sheen, looks so natural, i wanna get one also.

Robolegojupiter said...

I was looking for peachy lippies and I got the lip sheen today :P
and I'm wondering if I should get the matching lipgloss.....

Jess said...

Robolegojupiter:
Do get the lipgloss! ;)

superwoolu said...

that's such a pretty shade! even the box looks really pretty.....!

Popular Posts