Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Haul : Guerlain, Dior, Estee Lauder + FOTD : Golden Spotlight / Infra-Rose + How I do my eyebrows

I promised you to show you my latest loot, right? So, without any further ado, here we go! By the way, I'm feeling really guilty after that loot, argh!


GUERLAIN Rouge G De Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact ~ 02 Gardenia


This is my first Rouge G, and probably the most luxurious lipstick I have ever purchased! Have you ever seen such a precious packaging for a lipstick? The tube is sleek, yet bold at the same time. That's all well and good, but we must not forget that the customer has to put up with a enormously heavy price tag though!


But honestly, the texture of Rouge G is amazing! It is super creamy, glides onto the lips extremely smoothly and is opaque with one layer. Compared to YSL Rouge Volupté, Rouge G does not sink into dry liplines, and wears much longer.


Swatched on the back of my hands in natural light. I chose 02 Gardenia, which is described as a warm neutral pink. On me it is kind of a 'my lips but better color', which I really adore.


On my lips, with indoor lighting. It reminds me a bit of Rouge Volupté Tender ~ 26 Tender Peach, which is described as a light pinkish peach on the Sephora website. See me wearing Tender Peach here!


ESTEE LAUDER Nutritious Vita-Mineral Loose Powder Makeup SPF 15



Since my MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation already hit pan, I decided to give this a try. I got it in Intensity 1.0, which is the lightest shade available.



It looks ways darker in the pot, than it applies on the skin. So, as you can see, it comes with a brush. Great for touch-ups during the day, but I will reach for my Dior Powder Foundation Brush to apply it at home. Excited to try it out! ;)


DIOR 1 Couleur Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadow ~ 616 Golden Spotlight (Summer 2010)



Golden Spotlight is a very sparkly yellowish gold color. I have always loved shades like these, so I couldn't resist to get it, after I swatched it at the counter. Wished, I didn't see it, haha...


DIOR 1 Couleur Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadow ~ 826 Infra Rose



Infra-Rose is a bright pink with fine shimmers to it, and the color payoff is very sheer. I was a bit hesitant about this, since pink always tends to make my puffy eyelids look even puffier. But who can withstand pink? :)


Swatched on the back of my hand in natural light.



Just wanted to show you how the 1 Couleur eyesahdwo compact compares to the 5 Couleurs Iridescent palette in size. Isn't the small compact just cute? It also comes with tiny velvet pouches.


DIOR Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen ~ 002


This is my favorite concealer pencil. The texture is super lightweight, hence doesn't settle into dry lines. Applies and blends easily.


This is actually the 4th time I repurchase it, hehe... I also like to use this pencil for the lip contour. This will prevent the lipstick from bleeding and covers dark shades around the mouth area.

.
.
.

Some time ago, I was asked to do an eyebrow tutorial. I'm used to do my eyebrows before I put on my eye makeup, but of course it doesn't matter, if you do it the other way round. I prefer using eyebrow pencils over eyebrow powders, because I can shape more precisely.

My holy grail eyebrow pencil is Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black. Both the consistency and the color is perfect. Since my natural brow hairs are very dark, I like to use soft black pencils, but I noticed most looked ways too harsh, thus fake. Brown, however looks really weird against my skin for some reason.

Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black is a greyish shade with just the right amount of brownish hues to it. Also, the pencil is not too soft nor too hard. Goes on smoothly without smudging. Eyebrow pencils with a soft consistency go on just too heavy and don't allow drawing fine strokes.


I fill in between the brow hairs with very light and short strokes following the natural shape of the eyebrows. Starting from the middle working towards the arch. Then I go back to the front part of the eyebrows and fill in the gaps. Always remember to do the front part much lighter, otherwise you will end up looking fierce !


As a last step, I always reach for a Q-tip. It is my perfect tool to touch up the shape, and to lightly smudge out harsh strokes. This will avoid the 'obviously drawn look'! And that's basically it about how I do my eyebrows!

I'm really bad when it comes to explaining things in detail, but I hope, this helped!

.
.
.

A quick look I did using the two Dior 1 Couleurs Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadows! The colors were perfect, since it was so such a nice sunny day!

STEP 1
- Dior Golden Spotlight allover the lids and inner corner of the eyes


STEP 2
- Infra-Rose from the lashline upwards


STEP 3
- tighline, and lower lashline about 1/3 inwards


STEP 4
- curl the lashes and put on mascara


And that's it! Quick and simple as always, hehe...!



Oh, my right eye is a bit swollen and droopy, because I accidentally poked it yesterday, when I tightlined. Ouch, it really hurt! So please excuse the somewhat unshaped right eye! (0 . o)


Sorry for the smudged eyeliner! Wearing Guerlain Rouge G ~ 02 Gardenia here! It looks brighter in the photos than it does in real life actually.


Can you see how shimmery Golden Spotlight is? I really like that though! I feel it makes my eyes sparkle, hehe... As to Infra-Rose, it is a beautiful sheer pink, but like I said, pink always enhances the puffiness of my eyes. So sad! ;(


As if my puffy eyes don't concern me enough! Having to fight under-eye bags now too! Speaking of under-eye bags, Clinique released a new product -All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage. It is a stick with a built-in rollerball to massage the eye area. I believe, I have seen such a product by Garnier.

Being the curious me, I tried the Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage (puh, what a long name!) at the counter, and it made my eyes feel super refreshed with a somewhat tightening feel afterwards. I think, I'm going to go back and get it for I really liked the cooling and refreshing effect.

Haven't worn pink blush for a while, now I'm in love with pink cheeks again! Using Jill Stuart Mix Blush ~ 05 pastel peach here. Doesn't it give me a cute and soft flush?

I really shouldn't care about the fact that pink eyeshadow makes my eyes look puffier, huh? Hey, after all pink is one of my favorite colors! :p

________
PRODUCTS I USED

BASE MAKEUP
- Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen ~ 002
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Jill Stuart Moist Silk Powder Foundation ~ 101 Linen

CHEEKS
- Jill Stuart Mix Blush ~ 05 pastel peach

LIPS
- Guerlain Rouge G De Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact ~ 02 Gardenia

EYES
- Dior 1 Couleur Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadow ~ 616 Golden Spotlight
- Dior 1 Couleur Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadow ~ 826 Infra-Rose
- Guerlain Eye Pencil ~ Khol Me Ivory 000
- MAC Fluidline ~ Blitz&Glitz
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara ~ Black


.
.
.

Jojoba of My My Makeup Reviews noticed that I'm used to wearing a pearly white eyeliner on my waterline. I do so most of the time for this instantly clears red eyes, and makes them appear quite a bit brighter! She mentioned that she has yet to figure out the right technique. In my opinion, it is all about picking the perfect 'white' eyeliner pencil!


I've tried out quite a few, and Guerlain Eye Pencil ~ Khol Me Ivory 000 turned out to be the perfect one for me, both in consistency and in shade. It goes on extremely smoothly! Pure white tends to look harsh, thus very obvious and unnatural. I suggest you to go for an off-white instead! Go and try it out yourself to see the difference! ;)

Guerlain Eye Pencil ~ Khol Me Ivory 000 swatched on the back of my hands in natural light.


Puhh... I think, this is one of the wordiest posts I have ever written, haha... I hope, you enjoyed it! Have a great weekend ahead!


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

37 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh Jess - you are so hard on yourself!! I lol'd at a few points in your post - WHAT dry liplines are you talking about woman?! I think you have the most beautiful lips out of anyone I know!! =P There's a very specific reason I never do close-up lip shots and can only wear 2 formulas of lipstick daily. I have dry lips & severe liplines! =P

And I think the pink eyeshadow is so cute on you! I don't think it really makes your eyes look puffier either. It's the perfect cool pink with just enough purple that it stands out as a pink on your skintone versus looking like inflammation (I think redder pinks and coral-pinks do this more). =P

Your haul is just lovely. The Rouge G looks so luxurious and Gardenia looks like such a pretty everyday shade. :D

Jess said...

Catherine:
Haha, no I wasn't talking about my dry liplines - but just general speaking of this issue. ;)

Yeah, I totally agree that Infra-Rose is cool toned enough to not look like inflammation!

ning * star said...

oh, is not weird post.... i enjoy reading it while having my breakfast...

lilluna5416 said...

ah dior goodies! the eyeshadows are so pretty! i love how you used the gold on the lower corner very very pretty. Also the new lipstick, packaging is always great!
Beautiful FOTD as always!!!

fuzkittie said...

I think that pink is gorgeous on you, not puffy at all!!! Loooove the light shimmery colors for this season, and Gardenia is gorgeous! :D AGree with Catherine, you have the nicest lips ever!!!

Popcorn said...

Guerlain lippies just look soooo elegant and unique. Too bad they are soo expensive. :( hehehe Luv your eye look~

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

What a beautiful look :) i definitely love Spring eye looks because you get to use such beautiful colors :) Definitely review the Estee Lauder mineral makeup! I've always wondered about it, but I currently use Lancome's mineral makeup which I find to be kind of dark! I got it in a beige color thinking it would be the right shade but it ended up making me look too bronzy :p

The Guerlain lipstick is gorgeous and it's beautiful on you :) Bold enough to make a statement and light enough to be sheer :D Love that!

Lulu said...

ooo Jess this is such a pretty color of lipstick! the case itself made the lipstick look so luxurious too! Thanks so much for the eyebrow tutorial, you are the best :) and the shadows are so pretty, i am afraid to wear pink shadows for the same reason, but i think it actually looks really great on u!!

innerchild said...

Wow, what a very thorough post! I want to try the Dior Skinflash, I think the MUFE one is drying out undereyes. Your lips are so plump and full!! I wished my lips had a nice shape like yours :D Pink eyeshadow makes my eyes look weird too. Like they're irritated, and my bf asked me what happened lol

Dina (XYYan) said...

the lipstick has such a pretty packaging! love your FOTD as always :)

Sheila said...

JESS~~ One more thing to add to our similarities: Dior Skinflash is also my HG! I have 3 pens I use simultaneously, lol =P But.. did they change the packaging? Mine doesn't have a clear plastic top part, its all silver...

I can't believe you hit pan on your MAC foundation already, does that mean there isn't a lot in it? That's why I'm wary of getting cream/gel foundations in palette form because you use the same amount as liquid but its only like 1/3 of the size of liquid.

BTW, you should try the new Chromagraphic Eyeliner from MAC in their new Pret a Papier collection (I dunno if its released in Europe yet, but keep an eye out for it!) There are 2 very light flesh coloured pencils that should be good for waterline =)

PS. I agree that you are too harsh on yourself, you are always gorgeous =)

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I got puffy eyes too and I always try to avoid all the warm pink/red colors, but looks at this infra rose, it's so pretty on you, I can't resist to get one too, I think this cool pink should work on me too.
Really love your review. ^_^

Twiggy said...

what a great haul! i, too, envy your lips cuz i'm cursed with dry lips. gardenia looks so lovely on you...i'm dying to get my hands on that lipstick. it also sounds like you recommend the dior skinflash? does it cover up dark circles under the eye, too?

Ping said...

The pink eyeshadow is so cute on you, and it doesn't make your eyes look puffy at all. If you're worried about puffiness, you could try using it along the lower lash line. The latest issue of VoCE (with 平子理沙 Hirako Risa) has several articles and advertisements featuring pink eyeshadow if you want to see some examples. ^^

Diane said...

Hi Jess! Great FOTD, you always look so innocent and girly. I love the Guerlain Rouge G Lipsticks, I'm YSL lippy fan too but def love the Rouge G lippies the most (I have dry lips too).

You have me craving that Dior pen, but I'm determined to finish some other concealers I have before buying anyother one. =)

mayaari said...

the Guerlain lipstick looks so indulgent, and Gardenia is a gorgeous shade on you - definitely "my lips but better" territory :)

Jess said...

Oh, thanks everyone for your compliments!

Rainy Days and Latte:
Ahh... I super love that 'Bold enough to make a statement and light enough to be sheer'! Totally agree!

BeautyOnTheWay:
Yes, Infra-Rose is cool toned enough for not making the eyes look irritated! ;)

Twiggy:
If you have super dark cirles to hide, the Dior Skinflash might be too sheer. It's great for light shadows actually. I'd recommend you the Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory instead. I love that concealer too!

izumi said...

i have yet to find my perfect waterline pencil shade :P but the one you have looks super pretty! and i love how the gold looks on you :)

Crystal said...

Oh, I like the lip color a lot! The Dior pink color is sooo cute! Love the cute little packaging also! Really pretty look, as usual, haha!

Twiggy said...

oh thank you so much for your suggestion! i'll definitely take a look at the dior lifting concealer next time i'm at sephora. =)

Shop N' Chomp said...

I love how natural that eyebrow pencil looks on you =D

Makeup Morsels said...

ooh long post :D I really enjoyed reading this. the packaging of that lipstick is amazing, quite possibly the best lipstick packaging I've ever seen. The formula looks great too. Your lips are very pretty. I LOVE Dior's new packaging of their compacts. It looks so hypnotic! And that gold is so sparkly and magical. I'm in love with it. Nice FOTD! I'm impressed by your ability to wing liner so perfectly

Jian said...

I loved that super-long post!! ^^

Thanks so much for the eyebrow tut too~ I will definitely be checking out the eyebrow pencil the next time I drop by a Shiseido counter. I don't even remember if they have them in the UK.. ¬¬;;;

And that gold eye shadow is sooo pretty!! I really want it now. You and Catherine have both sent me into a gold frenzy. First the Chanel Illusion d'Or nail polish, now the Dior single eyeshadow..I really need to get myself down to a department store. Or not as the case may be...

Oshiya said...

if u didn't point out, i wouldn't have known u used brow pencil. they look so natural. :D shimmery colors look so good on u. i really like shimmery stuff but i can only wear shimmer on my double lids... putting it anywhere above that (crease, brow bone,... ) makes me look too shimmery.

DSK said...

DIOR's GOLDEN SPOTLIGHT IS SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! JESS OMG THANK U FOR POSTING! I need to go get me that right now! It's so pretty!

Nic Nic said...

What a pretty lipstick colour! great pick :D i agree, the packaging is pure luxury! i have one of their palettes.. still untouched/opened o_O lol. thats a lovely haul too! I used to use a pink pearly liner for the waterline from Shu Uemura but i got lazy since its hard to remove... maybe I should dig it out again ;) Nice tips on your brows, they look very natural and full - how they should look! hehe

coffretgorge said...

it was a very luxurious haul indeed Jess! dont feel so guilty, you work hard, play harder! ;)

i love the guerlain rouge on you! if you say its better than Rouge Volupte, its worth buying! the case itself is a work of art! hehehe :)

thanks for the "wordy" post! nothing like a well balanced blog entry ;) stay pretty Jess! xx

Kelly said...

I don't think I can spend that much on a lipstick, but ohhh it looks so nice. The pink Dior eyeshadow looks great and I think I could use it for a blush as well. Can you review the Clinique Eye Serum if you get it please? I'm looking for something to depuff my eyes in the morning as well. Thank you.

Jess said...

Kelly:
Yes sure, I'll review the Clinique Eye Serum as soon as I have experienced it enough, haha... ;)

LS said...

amazing haul~! i also got the gerlain rouge g in 63. so expensive but love it =x
and everything else from your haul look great especially the dior eyeshadows

Tracy said...

awsome haul! Gosh, you always get me lemming for something new each time you show your haul posts.

Mona said...

i might've drooled at my desk looking at your dior haul haha.

love the simple yet gorgeous look :)

Mathilde's Daily said...

your blog is cool : )

xoxo


http://mathilde-tran.blogspot.com

stellarvixen said...

what a haulage! you only pick the best :D

you are on your 4th Dior Concealer skinflash!! it must be really good~ am stuck with my MUFE for almost year and the tube still has long way to be finished hehe...

you pick the best shade for your lips! guerlain gardenia is pretty on your complexion!!

eh frosty pink from Dior wont make you puffy at all~ brighter in fact *wink

uh-mazing haul..luv all your picks

SJ said...

Hello, where are you based? I am from the UK, and I am trying to find a place to buy Lunasol makeup!! Any ideas?

SJ

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Hi SJ,

I happened to see that you are asking about Lunasol makeup. I just pre-ordered two lunasol eyeshadow palettes from this website: www.7bella.com, they have famous Beige Beige and some palettes, which are always out of stock in department store. And they provide international shipping service. Good Luck!

(Sorry Jess, I'm just trying to help, if you don't like it, please delete it,thanks).

DSK said...

I haven't been able to find Golden Spotlight at Sephora :( I dunno why!

Popular Posts