Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

FOTD : Soft Matte Petroleum Blue Eyes with Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Duo ~19

Hi everyone! Finally, I have enough leisure to blog again! Yay! I've been so excited to do a look with the Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Duo ~ 19 Oatmeal/Petroleum Blue, since I have never worn such a color before. And that's how the final look turned out!



I couldn't decide what color to use for my cheeks and lips, but decided to go for bright peachy shades again, haha... I think, it matches the dark eyes pretty well! What do you think?


STEP 1

- light shimmery white cream shadow allover the lid (I used this just to add a bit of shimmer, since the YSL shadows, I'll be using are matte)



STEP 2

- oatmeal shade of the YSL eye shadow duo allover the lid following the natural shape of the eyes


STEP 3
- petroleum shade on the outer half of the eyes, starting from the lashline and blend it upwards - also along the lower lashline about 1/2 inwards (this shadow is super pigmented, but so easy to blend!)


STEP 4
- tighline, and line the upper lid, as well as the lower lashline (I prefer lining along the lashline close to the waterline, instead of lining the waterline, since I think this makes the eyes look bigger)


STEP 5
- curl the lashes and apply mascara


Voilá, and I'm done! Super easy to do, huh?! I actually don't have many possibilities to do eye makeup on my puffy Asian eyes, so I'm sticking to this way of application most of the time, since it's also the most flattering for my eye shape. Continue with heavy cam whoring today! ;)


Can you tell, that I'm really loving the YSL Eyeshadow Duo ~ 19 Oatmeal / Petroleum Blue? I'm amazed how flattering it looks on me! I feel, it makes my brown eyes stand out, hehe... This color definitely belongs to my favorites now! I also love the soft matte texture a lot, which I think creates a chic and modern look.


I usually don't use face primers/makeup bases, but I'm wearing the La Prairie Cellular Treatment Rose Illusion Line Filler (which I got a sample of some time back) here. I've to admit it makes my skin look absolutely superb - smooth, poreless and glowing from withing. Wow!


Buuuut unfortunately, I got a bit of a itchy feeling about 2 hours later, and I felt like my skin is suffocating. It must be the silicones in it! My skin always reacts to products with lots of silicone. So I'll have to dismiss this face primer. Well, good for my purse at least, haha... Does anyone know a good face primer that doesn't contain silicone? If so, please let me know! ;)


Light peachy cheeks with Yves Saint Laurent Blush Variation ~ 18 Coral Sand. Glossy peachy nude lips with Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Lip Sheen ~ 03 Starlet Peach and Lip Gloss ~ 34 Starlet Peach on top. The Lip Sheen is very very sheer, so I applied about 3 layers to make it show on my pigmented lips, hehe...


I love this combination! The lip gloss has a light fruity scent to it, feels comfortable and not sticky at all.


What a fainthearted kiss face, haha... kisses! Mua!

________
PRODUCTS I USED


FACE
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Jill Stuart Moist Silk Powder Foundation ~ 101 Linen

CHEEKS
- Yves Saint Laurent Blush Variation ~ 19 Coral Sand

LIPS
- Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Lip Sheen ~ 03 Starlet Peach
- Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Lip Gloss ~ 34 Starlet Peach

EYES
- Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes ~ C-3
- Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Duo ~ 19 Oatmeal/Petroleum Blue
- Estee Lauder Artists's Eye Pencil ~ 01 Softsmudge Black
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara ~ black
- Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY901 Natural Black


I'd love to continue with blogging right now, but I have to cook something for dinner, otherwise I'm going to starve! Seriously! My stomach is growling like crazy already, haha... :p

I hope you liked my soft matte Petroleum Blue look! Oh, and I wanted to say WELCOME! to all my new followers! Thanks so much for the support! Enjoy! ♥

Oh, and for all who haven't noticed yet (look at the very top of the right sidebar panel, and you will see a twitter birdie!), I'm on Twitter now! So, if you are interested about my daily tweets, click here to follow me on Twitter! :)

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

40 comments:

Lulu said...

oo very pretty, it looks pretty simple to do yet I really love the result! thanks for your always detailed eye look pictures, they are really helpful :)

Penelope said...

Hiya, love the eye colour on you. It's gorgeous. I like Nars Makeup Primers and have been told that they are silicone free.

Connie said...

I love this look! I'm also sensitive to silicone. I've found the Korres makes good primers. LORAC also makes a silicone free primer.

Denysia said...

Omg Jess, I'm totally loving this look! I love how to goes from not smokey to smokey! :D

Anna said...

Gorgeous, Jess! I agree, it's the most flattering look for you, this elongated eye makeup, it makes you look sexy but also sophisticated! Love the dark blue, it's a very interesting colour...and the peachy lips&cheeks are yummy!! Talking about yummy, I wonder what you went off to cook...are you a good cook??? xx

eri said...

omg jess! i LOVE this look on you! its subtle yet super sexy!!!! hot stuff!

very pretty earrings too!

Jess said...

Lulu:
I'm so glad that you find the eye pictures helpful!

Penelope, Connie:
Thanks for letting me know! ;)

Denysia:
Haha, I feel that I always end up with smokey eyes when using darker colors. Even if I didn't intend to do a smokey look!

Anna:
I decided to cook instant noodle soup (kimchi flavor), since it has to be something very quick! I added fresh vegetables and sweet corn to make it a bit healthier, hehe... Hm, I think I'm quite good at cooking (my dad is a professional cook).

eri:
Thank you! I got these earrings for the wedding reception of the bf's brother - they are from Swarovski.

Juli said...

I love that lip color combo you did! that's a good "night-out" look for you :]

Krystia-HouseofKrystia said...

This is very pretty and you look so adorable! I like it!
xoxo, Krystia

LS said...

oh so pretty. love YSL

Askmewhats said...

I really love what you did on Step 3, the outer crease color is so intense and I love the way it smoked out!!

e.motion in motion said...

Gorgeous look! I love how you do the step by step pictures of your eyes, it's super helpful! Love the lippie color! ^^

coffretgorge said...

oooh jess your fotd is so pretty!!! i love the gradient effect you made on your eyes :) and i agree that the petroleum color looks so chic, very flattering on you. :D

ps. im loving your MK x Estee Lauder lippies! I wonder when they'll be arriving here in the philippines. :|

makeupmorsels said...

ooh I see you're getting a lot of use out of the Estee Lauder lippies. very pretty look :) Blues can be tricky, but this looks so natural. Korres' Face Primer is silicone free, and it's gotten really good reviews, so you might want to look into that.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love this look! So soft and pretty :) The outer crease looks great as well. I like the smokiness of it. Everytime I try something like that, it just looks really weird in the mirror. I guess I'm making the outside crease shadow too wide.

Overall, such a nice look. I love the glosses :D I remember you posted about them :D

Crystal said...

The look is really pretty and subtle. I think MUFE's primer is pretty good, also the Laura Mercier ones. I am not sure if they contain silicoin, check on that! Nice look!

sizbelle said...

i need recommendation for face primer too.. aww to that negative reaction your face has to the primer.

the lipstick look great on you. really kissable lips you have!

Luna said...

This looks great on you! I find it very hard to carry off blues, but you make it look so good =)

Nic Nic said...

Gorgeous!! Love your eyes, sexy and soft! You have the prettiest colour fir the lips. A few ppl have used the JS foundation - what do you think about it?

Jess said...

Nic Nic:
I know, you are expecting the review about it, which I've procrastinated again and again, hehe...

So far, I'm quite pleased with it. Just a few keywords: perfect color match to my skintone, covers pores nicely, doesn't look too powdery, light to medium coverage.

miss wiggle said...

Sexy blues, Jess! It looks exceeding chic and full of smokey attitude! :D

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

Besides Korres there is also the Lorac Oil-free primer which doesn't contain silicones either. But...it tends to act more like a serum than a real base so it may not work so well.

Love the blue on you! It reminds me of the blue in the Lunasol Dazzling Night quad.

Catherine said...

Jess, this look is so beautiful on you! I love how Oatmeal is the perfect color to blend into your lids - it makes the petroleum blue look soooooo sophisticated! I have to admit when I saw the previews for this duo I was really confused about the color combination but YSL really knows how to put colors together!! And I think you look amazing in peachy anything! Even though the EOTD is blue, it's really such a neutral navy color I bet it would look great with any combination you tried. =)

Boo to the itchy primer though... have you tried the Fresh Rose Freshface Primer or the Korres one? Both are silicone free. I really like the texture and finish of both (makes my makeup go on smoother, etc), just unfortunately I'm on the oily side so they don't help control oil or keep my makeup on for longer (though honestly, my sunscreen does a pretty good job with the latter). I think they might work nicely for you since you have drier skin, yes?

Paris B said...

Ok this is a gorgeous look and one I definitely have to try one day - I love how you did the outer V - I just hope it works for me :D

Tammy said...

You look adorable Jess! Love the smokey look on you^^

'chelle said...

OMG this is such a gorgeous look!! Your tuts are FANTASTIC =) I have very similar eyes and I seem to always have trouble wearing darker shadows but you've made it look so simple!

Jamilla Camel said...

Really pretty--great for "date night".

Try Suqqu creamy makeup base--no silicones!

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

thank-you darling! :D
*hi5* yay great minds think alike :) i love this look! you are looking very gorgeous :)

xoxo

ning * star said...

jess, I really like the look <3
muah, kiss u :x

Profile said...

wow i'm excited the way you put eye color make up=) i wish i can put a correct eye shadow like you did^,^

fuzkittie said...

This is a sexy elegant look Jess! <3 Miss you~ I'm obsessed with anything peach currently, so bravo on the cheeks and lips! :]

Mona said...

the michael kors lip sheen + gloss looks so nice on you! it barely shows up on me :T bugger

Blair said...

I adore your FOTDs, but you already know that right, Jess? :D

Peachy shades look fabulous on you!!

Yin said...

I'm so in love with that michael kors lipgloss. I'm loving peach shades!

Your FOTDs are always wonderful.

Eva said...

wow what a pretty look!! i love that ysl quad yes i would totally reccomend the bobbi brown pot rouges they are probably the best cream blushes ive ever used

Kittynail said...

Really pretty look! Love it!

Visit my blog too if you want :)

Ting Ting said...

Love this look. You're so pretty! =)

shaynaJo said...

that's a very beautiful shade of dark blue and it looks really soft too. I'm still searching for the dark blue eyeshadow that I like. *havent found it yet though* haha..

and ur Jill stuart's compact looks really really pretty ^.^

♥akisa♥ said...

u always look great in blue & peach~

izumi said...

hehehe, what a cute smirk! love the colors on you :)

Popular Posts