Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FOTD : Pop N' Petrol and Glossy Nude vs. Bright Pinky Coral

I'm really into teal lately, so I've been looking forward to using my Lancome Pop N' Palette ~ 16 Pop N Petrol, which I got last week.


I think, it's a bit similar actually, apart from the fact, that this time it is shimmery, whereas the YSL look was matte. The two petrol shades still differ though. The Yves Saint Laurent's petrol is more on the blueish side, whereas the Lancome's is more tending towards green.


I don't know why the blush always shows up that intense in all my photos. Believe me, it looks subtle in real life, haha...


I only used two colors from the palette. the silvery cream allover the lids and in the inner corner of the eyes. The petrol from the lashline upwards and along 1/2 of the lower lashline inwards.

The petrol shadow doesn't apply the smoothest, but the pigmentation is pretty good, and it blends with no efforts. I really love the silvery cream shade a lot - instantly brightens up the eyes!


Sorry for my extremely puffy eyes again! Argh, super super annoying! Anyways, since the eyes already looked quite intense (I know, you can't see the intensity in the photos) I thought, I would go for nude lips. So, I picked the Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Lip Gloss ~ 34 Starlet Peach.

Then my sister came in, wearing Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté ~ 27 Rouge Paris. which I picked for her last time we went shopping. She is loving it so much that she couldn't even lend it to me for just one day, haha...


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté ~ 27 Rouge Paris



It's probably known to all that Rouge Volupté has a super creamy texture, and the color you see in the tube is exactly the color you get! Although the texture is so creamy, be sure to apply lipbalm first, since it does tend to sink into dry liplines.


Isn't Rouge Paris just beautiful? I pinched it from my sister's makeup pouch, because I had to try it with my petrol eyes! Et Voilá! Same look but with bright pinky coral lips, hehe...!


Excuse my awesome gaze please! So, how do you like the petrol eyes with Rouge Volupté ~ 27 Rouge Paris? I think, it makes the whole look appear fresher and more summery, no?


If the lipstick doesn't look that intense to you, it's because I applied it very very sheerly, for I haven't completely got over my fear of red lips, haha...


At the end, I couldn't make up my mind, if I dare to go out with so much color on my face, so I wiped off the lipstick and went back to glossy nude lips, haha...


But I do love Rouge Paris a lot! So flattering on Asian skintones! Now, I'm torn, whether I should get my hands on it myself... Well, buying lipsticks seems to have become my current addiction. :p


So, I let you decide which version you liked better! Glossy nude or bright pinky coral?

________
PRODUCTS I USED

BASE MAKEUP
- MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation ~ NC 15
- Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder ~ 001 Bright Light

CHEEKS
- Beautymaker Love Pu Pu Cheeks ~ Orange

LIPS
- Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Lip Gloss ~ 34 Starlet Peach

EYES
- Lancome Pop N' Palette ~ 16 Pop N Petrol
- Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes ~ 0L
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara ~ Black


.
.
.

Ending this post with a sneak peak of my today's loot! Will show you the goodies in my next post! I seriously have to be good and go on a no buy now!!!



Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

29 comments:

Meowcake said...

I was actually thinking about buying that YSL colour! But I decided I had to give into my urge to buy Tea Rose from the Rouge Pur line. I couldn't afford 2 YSL lipsticks!

Yin said...

ooh i think the coral brightens up your face but i do love the pale lips too. hmm

Wow your spree looks expensive! I can't wait to see the swatches.

Denysia said...

I really love the bright pinky coral! It's so pretty! :D

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

thsi was the color that made me go back to the YSL counter over and again when i was still in KL. it's so beautiful on you.

hey, i always think that lining the lower lashline with white/pearl makes our chinese eyes bigger but for some reason i have yet to success it. maybe my technique is wrong. your eyes always look brighter with the lining like that. (i have seen your no makeup look to know that! :P)

love the FOTD as always.

Jess said...

jojoba:
Yeah, Rouge Paris is such a beautiful color... should I buy it myself?? ;)

Yes, I usually line my waterline with a white/pearl eyeliner, since I have super red eyes. Super efficient to make red eyes look fresh, and of course makes eyes look bigger, hehe...

Anonymous said...

Both looks are great, but I vote for the coral lippie! I know what you mean about being afraid of bright & dark colours (I'm quite fair), but I recently bought MAC ever hip (my first coral lipstick) and I am wearing it very often (and want to get even more pinky coral shades).

coffretgorge said...

rouge paris is so lovely! but i prefer the nude lips with your makeup :)

lovely haul as always jess! omg the guerlain jewel lippie, im lemming for that! hehehe :D

fuzkittie said...

HIGH FIVE!!! I JUST BOUGHT SKINFLASH TODAY!! Hahaha. I got 003 because the color is good for my dark circles. :]

Love the coral lipstick, it's super bright but so cuuute on you! <3

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

What a lovely look :) I love teals too :) I like the one with the rouge lipstick. What a nice coral-y color! :D It brightens up your whole look! Glossy nude is also beautiful :) Did you take the picture w/o flash? That lipstick does magic if it brightens your whole look like that :)

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

Both looks are nice though I think I favour the nude look more :) The coral lippie is still lovely though!

Wow you're already hitting pan on the MAC foundation! How long has it lasted so far?

lilluna5416 said...

the teal looks so gorgeous on your lower lash line!!! what a beautiful spring look. The YSL lippie is so cute!!!! I am looking for an orange-ey type lipstick. Cant wait to see your new post goodies! I just bought too much Dior too >< I got to shop less and save omre but your post makes me really want to look at the lancome palette! =D

Jess said...

Rainy Days and Latte:
Yeah, all pictures are taken w/o flash. And I was surprised too, to see that I looked much brighter in the photos with the YSL lippie on. ;)

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ':
Yay, I hit pan! I think, it's my first compact foundation that I've used that fast, haha... but bad on the other hand, since it doesn't seem to last me long.

Crystal said...

I love the look. The YSL lipstick is so pretty! You blush is fine, it's not that intense in photo at all, don't worry!

viickietoria said...

pretty! love the loook and the lip colors. (:

Lulu said...

your FOTDs are always refreshing and a pleasure to look at :) i think the ysl lippie is such a beautiful color on you! wow you used up quite a lot of your mac foundie already, does it use up pretty fast because it's a cream formula? yay for new hauls :D hahaha i need to go on a no buy with you! april has been a crazy haul month :p

Catherine said...

The Lancome palette is so pretty on you! The silver and forest green are so sophisticated! And I LOVE the bright lips on you!!! I think they really light up your face! Rouge Paris is such the perfect red-coral! You look beautiful! :D

ning * star said...

I think the gloss will be a good choice for super neutral look. and the lipstick version is totally brightens up your looks.... very nice and energetic ;)

Makeup Morsels said...

your FOTDs always look so perfect. I love that green color, and I think the YSL lippie makes the whole look instantly summery. both lipcolors are lovely, but I think I prefer the YSL one with the look. It just makes it pop so much!

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

Rouge Paris looks bright yet very wearable. It does change the look to a pretty summer look. I really like it :)

Nic Nic said...

The YSL lipstick complements to look perfectly! You should wear more bright lipstick, they totally suit you! Since reading your posts on YSL volupte lipsticks I definitely want to pick one up at some point :) gorgeous eye colour combo I really like you defined your eyes there!

Lydia said...

What a lovely look! Love coral lips on you! Jess you should dare go further towards your brows a little bit more! Trust me, it will open your eyes! When I do my review on Scott Barnes' book I will post a picture of a makeup he did on an asian woman (who was nowhere near as pretty as you are) and you'll see how amazing that was!

Connie De Alwis said...

oh my, your MAC Mineralize foundation is finishing already? You must really love it! I'm waiting waiting for the FnF to get mine.

And I like the nude lip better but that's just me! I'm a nude-lippy girl :) Looking lovely, dear

Dina (XYYan) said...

Both lippies look great on you but the coral lipstick looks better :)

DSK said...

hhaha can't wait to see your new loot!

littlewing said...

I really, really love the YSL lippie with Pop n Petrol! ♥ It's bright, but not too bright... perfect for spring. :D The glossy nude is nice too, but I think the bright coral colour of the YSL lippie brightens up the look a lot. :D

Jian said...

I like the look more with the YSL lippie!! =) It makes your whole face brighten up (even more)! You should definitely wear it out.

Your sister is lucky to have you pick out the best makeups for her xD

Vicky said...

I much preferred the coral lipstick, so pretty! ^^

izumi said...

what a pretty palette :)

Jasmine said...

The look is definitely better with the rouge volupte 27! It pulls the whole look together, and best if all it brighten up your whole complexion! very beautiful!

Popular Posts