Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Friday, April 23, 2010

FOTD : Black Eyeliner and Cyndi + Haul : MAC, Lancome, Clarins, Sisley

I received my MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick in the mail this week, which Jamilla of Makeup For Professional Asian Women helped me to get, since it was already sold out everywhere here in Austria. Thank you Jamilla for CP for me again! ♥

Actually, I wasn't interested in this lipstick at first. Thanks to Sheila of Mademoiselle Loves Beauty, who made me to try it out at the MAC counter! Thank you, Sheila! ♥ It is now my perfect red lipstick!

Well, it's not a real red actually, but beside my nudes, pinks and peaches, it is. The pink hues make the red very soft and flattering for fair skintones. People who usually look weird with bright red (like it is the case with me) should definitely give Cyndi a try! Ohh, I'm so in love!

So, let me present you Cyndi on my lips! Camwhoring time! ;)



I was trying to look cool here, instead of smiling like a cutie, but I always end up looking super fierce (and somewhat scary?) instead, haha... I'm definitely not very creative when it comes to different eye makeup looks, huh? Hello puffy eyelids!!!


I used the Lunasol Noble Shade Liner to line my upper lids, which is one of the best liquid liners ever in terms of consistency and brush tip. It dries very quickly and the brush tip is just perfect - not too soft, nor too firm! But I still need to practice a lot more to get the perfect line, haha... so please excuse the shakiness! Oh, and it is very smudge proof too!


Doesn't the Maquillage Face Creator ~ 66 Nude Tone Pink match up Cyndi perfectly? I don't know, how about you, but I like to match the blush with the lips. You find it too monotone and boring?

Argh, it seems I have gained a bit of weight recently... look at my chubby cheeks! I must cut down on junk food radically!


Speaking of Cyndi, here is the close up of my lips. Taken with indoor lighting. I think, it looks even a bit pinker in natural light. Someone asked me to do a tutorial of how I apply lipsticks, since it always looked so smooth and even on my lips.

Well, actually I just apply it directly to my lips after priming my lips with a lipbalm. This will even out any dry lines of your lips, making the lipstick go on much smoother, and you will get a nice shine too.


I used the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus mascara here. I think, it does a good job at lengthening, but I feel it's just decent when it comes to holding the curl.


Still loving Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow ~ Pewter a lot. Not the most springlike color, but still wearable, since it is so neutral. You see, why I'm not satisfied with Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara now, don't you? It's just not working for my lashes, sigh!


Now you gotta tell me that you love me smiling, haha...!


Yay, my hair has grown quite a bit, huh? If you followed my blog for a while, you must know about my troubles with growing my hair. I got over my laziness today and straightened my hair with my Revlon straightening iron, which I purchased recently.


My bangs have also grown out to nearly no bangs... What do you think, should I get a trim for my bangs? Just a random note - I really dislike the background of my bathroom! The tilings look awful in the photos! However, it is the place with the best lighting in the whole house!


End of camwhoring, haha...

________
PRODUCTS I USED


BASE MAKEUP
- Dior Diorsnow White Reveal Makeup UV Base SPF 35 PA+++
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Jill Stuart Moist Silk Powder Foundation ~ 101 Linen

CHEEKS
- Maquillage Face Creator 3D ~ 66 Nude Tone Pink

LIPS
- Chanel Hydramax+ Active Nutrition Lip Care
- MAC Viva Glam Lipstick ~ Cyndi

EYES
- Kanebo Sensai Eyelid Primer
- Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ 02 Gold Light
- Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow ~ Pewter
- Lunasol Noble Shade Liner ~ 01 Noble Black
- Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara



I hope you liked this look!

.
.
.

Onto the haul of this week!

MAC Viva Glam Lipstick ~ Cyndi


Like I said above, Cyndi is my first 'red' lipstick ever, and I super love it! The texture of the lipstick is not very soft and buttery, but still goes on well. But make sure to use a lipbalm before you apply it, if you have drier lips.


Swatched on the back of my hands in natural light. You can see the pink hues here pretty well! Lovely color, isn't it?


LANCOME Pop N' Palette ~ 16 Pop N Petrol (Spring 2010)


I haven't bought anything from Lancome for quite a while, but this palette caught my attention. To begin with, I think the case of this eyeshadow palette, which has a semi glossy surface looks really beautiful and elegant.


Neutrals like grey and khaki have always been my favorite shades, and petrol seems to have become my current obsession, hehe...


The texture of the shadows are not the smoothest, but the color payoff is pretty good. The shades of Pop N Petrol don't look that springlike to me, but still pretty enough that I had to get my hands on it, haha...


Swatched on the back of my hands (NC 15 skintone) in natural light. The colors are: petrol, greenish silver, silvery cream, khaki.


CLARINS Lift Fermeté Body Firming Cream


I got this, because Ena of Shanghainese Dumpling raved about it on her blog! The consistency is very creamy, spreads easily and absorbs completely with a very fresh feeling behind. I have used twice until now, so I can't tell much about the effectiveness yet. I'll keep you informed!


SISLEY Neck Cream



We all know how important it is to care for the skin around the neck as well, don't we? My neck is very dry and wrinkly by nature, so I'm in need of something very rich. I got some sample sachets of this neck cream some time ago, and was really amazed. I could definitely see how much firmer and smoother my neck became.

It has a pretty rich texture, yet absorbs with no residue behind. It has a comfortable light herbal scent to it, which evaporates soon. Sisley Neck Cream is honestly the most effective neck cream I tried so far!

That's it for now! Have a great weekend everyone! Oh, and sorry for suspending the reviews! :/

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

48 comments:

Yin said...

I love it. im the same. not big on bright lipsticks.

ooh. how many face creators do you own?

miss wiggle said...

Jess! You gotta review the neck cream once you've given it a try! The beauty community is sorely lacking reviews on anti-aging neck products!

Twiggy said...

thank you for your reviews and opinions on the products you use! thanks to you i bought the clinique lipcare, and it seems to work the best out of everything else i've tried. i have such dry lips that i'm always desperately looking for something to try. you're so lucky that you don't have to do too much when you apply lipstick. and i think i'm going to try the dior makeup base, too! please keep sharing your reviews and looks! =D

Camille(SHOBE) said...

cyndi looks soft on you,pretty,nice haul ^_^

glitteryeyesxx said...

0_o Your make-up looks so fresh & pretty!!

Oh, I'm curious...would you recommend " Dior Diorsnow White Reveal Makeup UV Base SPF 35 PA+++"? I'm looking for some type of sun protection, but am not sure if this product would cause any break-out's or if it would make my skin TOO oily throughout the day? Thanks for your input! :)

izumi said...

wow i really love your new lancome palette :) perfect colors together!! i can't wait to see a look with it.

cyndi looks AMAZING on you!

and i love your hair :) i'm currently trying to grow mine out, but it's in such an awkward middle stage! blegh.

Jess said...

Thanks everyone for the feedback! ♥

Twiggy:
So happy that you let me know that you got your hands on the Clinique Repairwear Lip Treatment, and that it works well for you!

glitteryeyesxx:
I quite like the Diorsnow makeup base. My skin does get a bit oilier in the t-zone during the day, but you can easily fix with applying a bit of setting powder. It didn't break me out so far.

I'll do a proper review about it! ;)

izumi:
My hair length is so awful to handle too... ;/

Lavender said...

I love the way u draw your eyeliner and the lip color is great on u!

Abbey said...

very pretty!

Juli said...

i like that look on you, and your hair looks great with it :]

Denysia said...

Love the look Jess! It's very nice!

I've been meaning to pick up the Cyndi lipstick for some time now! I think I might just go, when the MAC store at my mall opens up!

And that lipstick doesn't even look red, it looks like a nice dark pink!

littlewing said...

Viva Glam Cyndi looks so pretty on you! I like the pink hues even though it looks so red in the stick. :)

And the Lancome quad is lovely! I've developed a recent thing for green too haha. ;D

M.A.C.nunu said...

TEAL!!TEAL!!!TEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
A teal eyeshadow I do not own!!!!
The bf banned me from buying the Viva Cyndi lipstick T.T cos he said red lipstick scares him....blah
U look so adorable!

PowderPuffGirl said...

Lovely fotd as usual. Cyndi looks great on you! I have it myself and u've inspired me to do a look with it :)

Babybubblz said...

Cute look! Hope you share with us your thoughts on the body creams =)

p chan said...

cyndi looks super cute on you! looks like a cherry colour :D it turned out very pigmented on me... so i didn't get it. But i might! after seeing how gorgeous it looks on your lips! :p *you're such an enabler!!!*

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

awww...you always look so pretty in your fotds. the lip color really suits you well :)

i gained a bit of weight myself and i also need to cut back on junk food. Its soooo hard lol. by the way, i didn't see any chubby cheeks on you :)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love your look in the pics :) So pretty!! You have such flawless ski =)

I haven't gotten any of the Cyndi or Gaga lipsticks yet simply because I KNOW they are sold out at most MAC stores that are close by to me, but I won't mind buying it if I see it somewhere :) I guess it's the idea of going somewhere to look for it and being disappointed at not finding it! The pink really looks nice on you. Bright reds look very weird on me too. It always seems like I'm trying too hard when I have bright red lips on. Or too fierce, as you put it :p

The neck cream seems interesting. I am using one from Vichy right now and it's kind of a gel type. I really want to try a rich, moisturizing one though :)

Catherine said...

Ahhh MAC VG Cyndi looks so good on you!! I really wanted to get it as well but the MAC lustres are just too drying for my stupid lips. ;_; I love this look on you though - so pretty! I love matching my blush to my lipstick too. :D

Makeup Morsels said...

you look very pretty with cyndi! I do the same thing with my lipsticks, I always put on a coat of lipbalm first, and let that settle in a bit. Makes a big difference. I didn't notice that your lips and blush coordinate until you said it, but without knowing it I think that really pulls your look together. Oh, Sisley. Love their stuff but it's so darn expensive. I wanted their lipbalm but it was $70 for one tiny pot o.O

Chelle said...

Oh I love your lip shape! ^.^ it's so beautiful and dainty... I'm lemming for Cyndi now!

coffretgorge said...

Cyndi looks good on you Jess! its a fresh look form all the peaches and pink lippies, not that im complaining hehehe Jamilla is so sweet to help you get it! Very nice haul too!

i would love to see you put waves on your hair! :) im sure you'll look lovely :)

have great weekend Jess! ^^

~tHiAmErE~ said...

i love cyndi too!
i reach or it every now & then. i thought that the hype among the 2 should be at Gaga...but in my case, i prefer cyndi.

it's such a nice color!

you look really pretty,hun!
^_^

Jamilla Camel said...

Cyndi looks gorgeous on you! Love the entire look!

let me know how you do with the neck cream!

mayaari said...

cyndi looks gorgeous on you!

Fmebunny ♥ said...

The Viva glam cyndi lipstick is so gorgeous. unfortunately , my town doesn't have any Mac counter and it's not available on Mac website :( I also love the Lancome palette. Can't wait to see it on you :)

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Cyndi looks really nice on you!

Dina (XYYan) said...

Love the Cyndi on you! You make me want to try it too :D

Aiyoh said...

cydi looks gorgeous on you dear! oh, i love all your make up, they are all equally pretty=)

Askmewhats said...

your semi-winged liner looks so pretty! I am sold on Cyndi MAC lipstick!!!

Kelly said...

The Cyndi looks great on you. I perfer it over the Lady Gaga, and I can't believe it sold out in Austria.

lilluna5416 said...

the lancome casing is soooo pretty! I can see why you bought it. the red lips look great on you!

Jess said...

M.A.C.nunu:
How can a man be scared of red lips? I always thought, men think red lips look hot! Haha...

Jess said...

coffretgorge:
I'm super bad at doing hair... and I believe my hair is still a bit too short for curls, no? Uhm, will try out once I got a curling iron! ;)

'chelle said...

What a pretty look! You look very fierce in the 1st pic.. whoa! The Bobbi Brown eyeshadow is gorgeous.

I'd like to see you do a look with your new Lancome palette! The colours look gorgeous, what a cute palette too.

Oshiya said...

I think for lashes, u'll love lancome cils booster. It both gives and holds curls. I no longer use mu shu uemura curler just because the cils booster does the job just fine and it's less damaging to ur lashes.

Love the lip color on u. It's like a fresh look. I dunno how to describe the color... It's like a child's lips after eating spicy food... Like it's naturally "red"...

Zuuchini said...

wow...it looks so reddish/pinkish on your lips! So flattering on you, and a glossy finish!

Nic Nic said...

the lipstick is GORGEOUS on you!! i dont think i can pull off red very well either.. i think that colour is great for everyday! unfortunately sold out here T.T but its okay! keeps money in my pocket XD

looking fab and lovely haul there :D

LilliChantilly said...

I love the way Cyndi looks on you! I'll have to check it out :) xx

la bella said...

love it!! I was wondering what if your favorite japanese eyeshadow set (for under 30 dollars)?

Diane said...

I think Cyndi looks great on you, good thing Sheila talked you into it. =)

fuzkittie said...

Wow that lipstick shade is STUNNING on you!! For a more muted shade, I recommend you try Bobbi Brown's creamy lip color in rose petal! I bet it will look beautiful on you too~ And the black eyeliner looks amazing on you! REally defines your almond shaped eyes.

fuzkittie said...

Forgot to tell you that I love the "drop shadow"! ;)

나니 said...

Thank you so much : D The colors are beautiful, and for that price it's definitely worth it!

Vicky said...

I love the viva glam cyndi too ^^
very pretty look! x

Askmewhats said...

I am wearing a "similar" lip shade but warmer in tone at the moment, I love your lipcolor from YSL, sooo pretty! I love your eye makeup as usual and is there something different with the way you apply it? It has a very nice "change"

superwoolu said...

oh such a nice bright color!! i'm also very attracted to that lancome case XD

Sheila said...

You got the neck cream!! I'm back from my trip just today but... did you do something with your hair??? It looks different... lol.

You look gorgeous as usual, enjoy your Cyndi =)

Popular Posts