Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Product Comparison : Lunasol Lighting For Eyes 04 Neutral vs. Lighting For Eyes 05 Khaki

I've been asked to do a comparison post of Lunasol Lighting For Eyes 04 Neutral and Lighting For Eyes 05 Khaki by the lovely Blair. So, here we go!

First off, I have to say that I really can't decide which one I love more, since both are the perfect to-go palettes for a natural everyday look.



All shades of both palettes are on the cool side, yet I feel that the shades in 05 Khaki are even more cool-toned compared to 04 Neutral.


All shadows apply smoothly with lots of shimmer that are pretty fine (except of the 4th color of each palette, which is a super glittery shadow). The pigmentation is medium, but you can definitely achieve more opaqueness by adding more color.


Lunasol Lighting For Eyes ~ 04 Neutral



The shades are:
1) pale golden beige 2) medium taupe brown 3) rich chocolate brown 4) silvery taupe


04 Neutral is the palette to go for, if you are looking for a neutral or a cool-toned brown palette. I'm sure that it flatters most Asian skintones.


Lunasol Lighting For Eyes ~ 05 Khaki



The shades are:
1) minty white 2) light khaki with golden shimmer 3) deep khaki green 4) pale gold


05 Khaki is the prettiest khaki green palette that I've ever seen. However, it might look a bit muddy on some people with darker skintones.

Finally, if you have to decide between these two, I'd say you are absolutely on the safe side with 04 Neutral. I hope this post was helpful! ;)

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

19 comments:

eri said...

gorgeous colors!!!
i love greens, and i'm loving all your posts!

Blair said...

Jess dear, thank you sooooo much for this post! *muahh*

But I'm regretting asking you to compare Neutral and Khaki. I want them both after reading your thoughts and looking at the swatches!!! haha :D

Jess said...

eri:
Aww... thank you so much, Eri!

Blair:
You are very welcome! Hehe, I totally can feel with you about wanting both! ;)

LS said...

oh nice palettes. i'm going to get the neutral maybe someday. what's stopping me is that Lighting For Eyes tend to fall out without a good primer but the color is really great for everyday look

Denysia said...

I need to get more Lunasol palettes!

Yin said...

wow two lunasol, that must've beenvery expensive. =) I love the colours on the neutral more.

Lydia said...

neutral eyes is lovely!!!

Askmewhats said...

greens work well on my skintone and the palette looks gorgeous!

littlewing said...

Thank you for posting this! ♥ Lunasol's Neutral has been on my shopping list for aaaaages, but you've just added another item to my list. ;D They're both so pretty!

Catherine said...

Ooh, thank you for this! I didn't realize they were so different!

izumi said...

oh gosh :D both are super pretty palettes! you're a very lucky girl ^_^

Dina (XYYan) said...

I think i'll go for the neutral shade :)

Oshiya said...

love the neutral. thnx for the swatches, jess.

Nic Nic said...

thanks for comparing.. tho i dont know if id buy anymore lunasols.. tho your swatching helps!!

im sure you'll find similar frames over there ^^ tho nice, decent frames can be pretty expensive in the Europe (like UK). good luck on finding a good pair!

lilluna5416 said...

i LOVE our new banner and the neutral palette!!!!

Tammy said...

Hmmm I have to say I'm always one for olive tone eyeshadows so the khaki wins hands down for me, but the neutral palette is so pretty too! thanks for doing the swatches Jess^^

Thu Hien Nguyen said...

Beautiful colours

xoxo, thn

Anya said...

Lighting For Eyes Neutral is just sooo pretty!

hannahhloves said...

pretty colors. you do have me saying ohh... pretty! ( : ive been wanting to get some lunasol eyeshadow palettes.

hannah
www.hannahhloves.blogspot.com

Popular Posts