Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Haul March 29th : In Love With Yves Saint Laurent... + F O T D : Fresh Peachy Spring Look

Hi everyone! How is your week so far? I'm pretty busy lately, since I'm working full time again due to easter break. Hence, the late post this week!

First of all, I want to let you know, how much I appreciate your comments! Sharing my thoughts on cosmetics has become even more joyful with your support, and I really really enjoy every single note that I receive! Thank you so much! ♥

Now, presenting the Yves Saint Laurent goodies I got this week!



YVES SAINT LAURENT Eye Shadow Duo ~ 19 Oatmeal / Petroleum Blue



This is my second YSL Eye Shadow Duo to my collection. I think #19 Oatmeal / Petroleum Blue is quite a unique palette.


I'm loving the super fine and silky texture, as well as the great color payoff.


As you can see from the swatch, the shadows have no shimmer, yet are not completely matte. I would describe the finish as soft matte. The look created with this palette must be very sophisticated!


YVES SAINT LAURENT Rouge Volupté ~ 30 Faubourg Peach


You all know how much I love YSL's Rouge Voluptés, don't you? Faubourg Peach is a new color that has been released with the Summer 2010 Collection.


It looks more red in the swatch than it does on my lips, which is more of a pastel peach color, although I have pretty pigmented lips. Like I said before, I used to be greatly devoted to pinks, but somehow I'm totally hooked on peachy shades lately.


Now, doesn't Faubourg Peach look stunning? It is similar to 26 Tender Peach (see the swatch in this post, see it on my lips in this post) I would say that 26 Tender Peach has a bit more orange hues to it compared to 30 Faubourg Peach, which is a bit softer.


YVES SAINT LAURENT Nail Lacquer ~ 35 Tuxedo Grey



I know, this is not a very spring-ish color at all, but I felt the need to add this particular shade to my nail polish collection, haha... Tuxedo Grey is a dark grey with a hint of blue to it.

.
.
.

You wanted to see me wearing the Yves Saint Laurent Blush Variation ~ 18 Coral Sand, didn't you? Here is my FOTD with the blush! You guessed it - just another simple and natural everyday look, haha...


I tried to do a very fresh peachy spring look! Sorry for my puffy eyes (I'm having a cold)!


I'm wearing a messy up-do most of the time lately, since the length of my hair is so annoying. I must yet figure out how to get rid of my side part for this hair style!


The soooftest peach blush I ever had on my cheeks! Can you tell, I'm in love?! Blair (she said, she prefers pinks over peaches), could I convince you to try out some peaches now? ;)


For the eyes I used my Coffret D'Or Jewelcious Eyes palette in 04. The lovely Lulu from Luluchinadoll asked me about how I do my eyebrows.

Well, basically I just draw in with the Shiseidow Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black (which is my hg eyebrow pencil!). I fill in the gaps with light and short strokes following the natural shape of my brows, and extend the end a bit (not too much, since I think long eyebrows don't flatter my round face), since they got very sparse there due to over plucking in my teenage years. :/

As a last step, I'll always use a Q-tip to slightly sweep over my eyebrows. This is my trick to get it soft and natural looking, and not obviously drawn. I'll try to do a 'eyebrow tutorial' with photos!


Oh my gosh... Rouge Volupté ~ 30 Faubourg Peach and Blush Variation ~ 19 Coral Sand is a match in heaven! Don't you think so?


______
PRODUCTS I USED

FACE
- MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation ~ NC 15
- Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder ~ 001

CHEEKS
- Yves Saint Laurent Blush Variation ~ 18 Coral Sand

LIPS
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté ~ 30 Faubourg Peach

EYES
- Coffret D'Or Jewelcious Eyes ~ 04
- Maquillage Dramatical GEl Liner ~ BR 652
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara ~ black
- Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black


I hope you liked my haul and FOTD!

Oh, and you know what? I'm going to meet the lovely Sheila from Mademoiselle Loves Beauty tomorrow! The first blogger buddy to visit Vienna, and my first blogger meet up ever! Wohoo... I'm so excited...!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

37 comments:

LittoMokaa said...

Hi Jess!
Love your FOTD as always and the YSL lippie is STUNNING! I just bought it in #1 and I love the texture ;D

Love,
-S

eri said...

jess you look so cute! very fresh and springy indeed :)

can't wait to see an eyebrow tutorial...i love those! hahaha.

Jenny said...

Jess!

Your FOTD is always so stunning :) I love how your makeup always compliments your good features!

Take Care

<3 Jenny

PinkyKathy said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ LOVE LIPPY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ning * star said...

i like that eye palette. ha, i thought petroleum shade will turn into a blueish shade, but it seems to be more darker than I thought. I like your FOTD, always fresh and clean <3

superwoolu said...

omo omo! i love that lip color! it's so spring!

Blair said...

Oh my! I was just admiring 30 Faubourg Peach, and here you are with a haul!

Jess, I think you can convince me to buy/try anything. I ordered 26 Tender Peach because of your lip swatch haha XD

I loved your haul and your FOTD! Get well soon dearie :)

aretha said...

wow you seem to be a huge fan of YSL =) my mum's a big fan of YSL too..now i really have to check out the faubourg peach RV ;)

Zuuchini said...

who knew that lipstick color would be so nice on your lips! when i saw the swatch i was like "woo..too red orange" but then i saw it on your lips, i want it.... lol

izumi said...

oh how pretty! i love peaches on you :D

Pham Xan said...

i love ur ysl lipstick! i wanted to buy nr 30 too but i doubt for buying the red one. you look very pretty

Lulu said...

ooooomggg i am in love with the lippie! same here, i've been really into peachy looks recently as well :)

Lulu said...

and aww thanks so much for fulfilling my request so soon! i am going to look into your hg brow pencil now, thank you so much sweetie!

Edna said...

#30 looks so pretty. I have been neglecting my #26 :(

Oshiya said...

I love a natural look. :D and the packaging is very tempting.

You know what's funny about Yves Saint Laurent? He said, "The most beautiful make-up of a woman is passion, But cosmetics are easier to buy." That's one of the most anti-make-up quotes I have ever heard... But then the man himself sells make-up.

Askmewhats said...

Faubourg Peach looks really pretty on your lips! wow, I never thought a lip color like that would look awesome!!!!! :D Love your makeup and i wish you well on your full time job!

Jamilla Camel said...

Very pretty! Love the peach! Have fun with Sheila!

Stefanie said...

Lovely YSL products here! That lippie looks absolutely stunning on you and I love the dark nail polish ♥

littlewing said...

Lovely haul! I like the look of the eyeshadow duo a lot ♥ I'm not a huge fan of peach either, but the Faubourg Peach is perfect on you... especially with that blush! :D

Tracy said...

I always love your YSL hauls!! and loving the lipstick on your lips.

Aiyoh said...

so pretty as ussual=) I love your lippie!*DROOL* hehehe

annoiii said...

I love your YSL haul! I have too many Rouge Volupte but Faubourg Peach is so gorgeous on you that I want it too!

Nic Nic said...

Jess, I love the whole look!

Fab YSL haul... you have seriously got me lemming a YSL Volupte lipstick... the shade you're sporting! Absolutely gorgeous! It's the perfect peach nude!!

coffretgorge said...

pretty look as usual jess! i love your YSL haul! im so jealous cause I love YSL but the counters are not stocking up on new collections anymore. so that means i have to travel to get my YSL fix. love that peach rouge volupte! :D

Jian said...

Soo pretty~ as usual! =D

Working full time? Gosh, what do you do?? You put me to shame. I've never had a job in my life.. ¬¬;;;;

And I LOVE the nail polish colour. I'm always drawn to those kind of shades but in reality I rarely wear them because it's more obvious when you mess up D=

eva said...

I love your makeup... particularly your lipstick. It makes me want to buy one... :D

LilliChantilly said...

Gotta love YSL! And pretty look :D

✿Ji✿ said...

Aww gorgeous spring-esque look!!!
I love the lipstick, the colour is amazing...so beautiful!!!♥
Too bad it's so friggin expensive!>///<

Silvia Couture said...

wow gorgeous colors! I love YSL! Great post =)

-Silvia

Catherine said...

Lovely haul and omg, that is truly a blush/lip match made in heaven! You look positively glowing, Jess! Faubourg Peach is so pretty on you!!

Miss K. You said...

Aw I thought I had commented on this post last week! :( Well I just wanted to say that I love the glow your cheeks are giving of, beautiful color. & I'm stopping by to let you know I have some awards for you if you want to check them out. Have a good week Jess!

BeautyOnTheWay said...

wow! YSL 30 Faubourg Peach looks really nice on you, i love this color too!

Makeup said...

hey first time on here :) Your banner is very pretty. The YSL lipstick is gorgeous, and I love the look you did here, so glowy!

Ting Ting said...

Oooo...the lippy is totally gorgeous!!

*Anita* said...

ahhh.. i love YSL! you look gorgeous jess! i've always liked your fresh, natural looks! <3

sorry it's been a while now but thanks for your comment on my tag post! the blush i used was MAC Shell Pearl from the Liberty of London collection. it's a great highlighter! :)

<33

Tammy said...

You always have the best hauls! I've been out of the beauty loop in what seems like forever but now you have me lemming for more lol

Swatches soon on the YSL nail polish I hope? :D

Kim Hye Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

omg..this is the prettiest nude lips color I've ever seen^^

Popular Posts