Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FOTD : Inspired by Maquillage's Spring 2010 Look + Mini Haul

There is something about Maquillage's Spring 2010 promo photo that makes me drool every time I look at it, so I decided to re-create this look! It is very clean, yet defined, thus enhancing the natural shape of the eyes.



Here is another picture that shows which products has been used on the model. Yay, I have both the Eye Creator 3D ~ BE763 and the Face Creator 3D ~ 55! Since I couldn't find such an intense pink lipstick/lipgloss in my collection, so I sticked to soft pink lips instead.


Et voilá, my version! ;)


Again, you have to trust me, when I tell you the colors appear much more intense and darker in real than in the photos! Yet, not as dark as seen on the model. Maybe I should have applied the black liner ways bolder? Will try to do so next time!


Even though the shades in this palette are very sheer, the colors make my eyes look bright and fresh. So, I really like that! The dark stone grey cream shadow is perfect to add definition and depth to the eyes.


This photo shows the colors quite good I think. Oh, and you can see that there are still lots of acne scars on my chin, since I got lots of break outs lately due to stress and lack of sleep. :/


I'm wearing the Jill Stuart Moist Silk Powder Foundation ~ 101 linen here. It covers my redness pretty good, and doesn't settle into my pores, which is a big issue for me.

If you apply this powder with the sponge you will get quite a good coverage result. Since I prefer a lighter coverage, I always use a brush (stippling brush) to apply it. I would describe the finish as semi-powdery with a decent glow that appears after a while.


As expected, the Face Creator 3D ~ 55 creates a natural bronze look. The sheer shades are indeed very flattering for fair Asian skintones! If most bronzers or sculpting powders are too dark for you, I highly recommend you to try this out!


Close-up of the eye. I love the glow the eyeshadows create on my lids a lot! Oops, forgot to clean up the mascara fallouts, haha...

______
PRODUCTS I USED


FACE
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Jill Stuart Moist Silk Powder Foundation ~ 101 linen

CHEEKS
- Maquillage Face Creator 3D ~ 55

LIPS
- Lunasol Full Glamour Lips G ~ 09 Sheer Pink
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect ~ 517 Clutch Pink


EYES
- Maquillage Eye Creator 3D ~ BE763
- MAC Fluidline Blitz & Glitz
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara
- Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099




Onto my mini haul! I bought two products today. Actually I intended to purchase a body scrub only. Summer is here before you know it, so I need to start treating my body as well to prepare it for summer clothes, hehe... But I was bad again, and couldn't resist to add another item. :]


SISLEY Energizing Foaming Exfoliant for the body



I haven't purchased this tube before, but I got several sample sachets, and I totally felt for it. This is really the best body scrub that I have tried so far! Makes your skin absolutely smooth and soft without any dryness behind. I could definitely see and feel the difference every time I used it. The fresh herbal scent is very comfortable as well.

Too bad the price tag is not so beautiful. :/ But I think this tube will last me quite a time though.


YVES SAINT LAURENT Long Lasting Nail Lacquer ~ 41 Beige Mousseline / Beige Chiffon


And tadaa... this was the item that screamed to be bought, haha...

Beige Mousseline is a nude beige color with some pink and a tiny bit of grey hues to it. Doesn't the color look pretty in the bottle itself? This color flatters fair Asian skins soooo much!

I hope you liked my Maquillage Spring 2010 inspired look (and my mini haul, haha...)!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

34 comments:

Blair said...

Jess, you enabler! Now I can't stop thinking about BE763 haha ;D

Your eyes look super huge! *loves*

✿Ji✿ said...

Omg you look adorable!♥
Love the eye make up, so feminine and spring-ish!♥
I've heard nude eyes are IT for the spring!;)
I'd buy the nail laquer, but my wallet says no!;__;

sophia said...

Aaah you're so lucky you can wear the "natural" look! Really really pretty eyes ^_^

Lydia said...

lovely look!!! you're always so sophisticated and elegant

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hey Jess! Pretty FOTD :) You always have such great hauls. I have the same JS foundation but would you believe I haven't used it yet since buying it last year? I'm waiting to finish my current one up first. XP

Catherine said...

Gorgeous FOTD as always! I love that inspiration photo you found! I might have to try and dupe the look soon too! And pish, Jess, I don't see any acne scars at all!! You have absolutely beautiful skin. I really hope that my skin can return to that condition in the next year or so... do you have any advice for acne scars? I have some pretty angry red/brown spots, most of which are still somewhat raised. I might start using Retin-A for them soon... nothing else I'm doing seems to be doing any good, but a salicylic acid cream (plus diet, sleep, etc) is helping to prevent further breakouts.

Very cute mini haul! The foaming body wash sounds amazing!!

Jess said...

✿Ji✿:
Yep, I've also heard that the nude look is totally en vogue lately! ;)

Shop N'Chomp:
Oh really? I really this foundation! Please let me know how you like it, once you started using it, ok?

Catherine:
Glad you don't notice the scars, haha... proves that my Dior concealer does a good job! :p

Honestly, I haven't found out a really effective way to treat acne scars yet. I have the habit to squeeze my pimples after my cleansing routine. After squeezing, I always apply a pimple/acne treatment product (such as a clearing mask) onto the spots and leave it on overnight.

Tracy said...

I love your FOTDs! you always look really sweet.
The face creator looks great on you. Very subtle and no harsh lines! :) Now I'm tempted to go check it out.

Lulu said...

another very pretty fotd! you always look so lovely Jess :)

that nail polish color looks so pretty!

fuzkittie said...

Such a fresh soft look Jess! <3 You make me want to buy the new Maquillage stuff, haha. Wow the Sisley body polish looks so luxurious~

littlewing said...

Your FOTD is as gorgeous as always! :D I love the fresh, natural look, it makes me feel like spring is here... even though I'm in the wrong hemisphere lol :D I think the MQ palette really suits you. :)

Jess said...

fuzkittie:
Now it's me, who tempt you? Haha... I'd love to see some looks of you again, Fuz!

LittoMokaa said...

Lovely look! <3 *2 thumbs up* :D

Askmewhats said...

your eye makeup is really gorgeous! i really really love it! I've always been amazed by your skill :)

coffretgorge said...

i like the fresh, sweet look on you jess! the maquillage seems to be a great buy for you :D

Jess said...

Askmewhats:
Aww... that's one of the sweetest compliments! Honestly, my eyes are really awful to work with, but I've learned what suits me.

This wouldn't have been possible without you beauty bloggers, who share your tips and tricks!

ning * star said...

Jess, u have huge great collection. It is really soft and sweet look :)
I'm lemming to try at least 1 Maquillage now. hahahha

Nic Nic said...

i love your version, much more wearable - ou can more liner for a nightout!! i think the foundation looks good on you. i must be the only peron not to have anything from jill stuart, lol!

lilluna5416 said...

the YSL polish is a gorgeous shade. The photo from the brand is amazing, I am not surprised you were drawn in. Your version is very pretty! love the eyes

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

I love this look Jess, it makes your eyes look really big I love that black shadow liner wing bit :)

Popcorn said...

hmmmm very NICE look!!!!

You look wonderful! hehehe

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Lovely natural eyes! Look so pretty!

LS said...

the eyes look so fresh and defined~! not as intense as ICONIQ but more natural. the nail color is really pretty. you're going to show it off next time?

Dina (XYYan) said...

you look really gorgeous here! you make the Maquillage eye creator sounds so great, i'm tempted now :D

VanityMakeup said...

Love this look!
You're so pretty x


I've been looking for that dior concealer forever, can't find it :(

Robolegojupiter said...

Your looks have this signature light, airy, and natural/nude (which for me is hard to do since I don't have a nice blank canvas like you *jealous pang*) but I wanna do some grungy, dark eye makeup on you! +^~^`

shaynaJo said...

nice look there.. looks pretty natural and very wearable :D
I cant help it but to stare at ur lashes tho.. They are so curled up perfectly! awesome :D

evie said...

PRETTY!!! i love this look!!!
now i feel like buying it!!
oh i nvr use body scrub before as i think alot of the materials need to be used!..but this looks good!

Mary in Wonder said...

oooh pretty!
uhm happened to repeat your blogtitle HEHEH anyway, this look is so pretty! Thank you for creating this! <3

Jian said...

Ahh, really pretty as usual =) I agree though, you could have done the black eyeliner a little darker. Your eye makeup always seems so natural xD I think it's good actually. I have to make a conscious effort to not do my eye makeup so strongly (my eyeliner is almost always very thick..)

And oh gosh, the face creator really is SOOO natural! Wow...Tempting!

priincess said...

you have such pretty eyes jess!

Jamilla Camel said...

Such a sweet and pretty look! I think you've captured the prettiness in the ad photo!

izumi said...

definitely a pretty fresh look! ^__^

PowderPuffGirl said...

definitely my kinda of look! so clean & fresh! love how bright ur eyes look :)

Popular Posts