Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring Haul from Mihokoshop : Maquillage, Jill Stuart, Lunasol + New Blog Layout

Hello everyone! I feel, it's been a long time since my last post... Well, first of all, I want to thank everyone who commented on my previous post! I honestly appreciate your supportive and caring words! I'm still very stressed, but at least most issues have kinda solved. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the weekend!

Today I have a haul post for you! I ordered some Japanese spring items from Mihoko Shop again!


MAQUILLAGE Eye Creator 3D ~ BE 763 (from Spring 2010 Collection)


BE763 consists of all very sheer and neutral shades, that are perfect to create the nude look. Since I don't have such light nude shades yet, this palette is a good complement to my collection.


The shell prints on the two cream shadows are really cute to look at, but fade once you sweep over the surface.


MAQUILLAGE Face Creator 3D ~ 55


I got this blush for doing a natural bronzed look. Since the shades are sheer, I believe it will look gorgeous on fair Asian skintones! I didn't have the chance to try it yet though.

JILL STUART Moist Silk Powder Foundation ~ 101 linen


By now, many of you might already know that I'm a fan of compact powder foundations, don't you? I got a sample of this powder foundation some time ago, and both the texture and color match were really good, so I decided to purchase it!

The compact case is typical Jill Stuart. Romantic and princess-y. Well, definitely beautiful to look at, but in no ways comparable to the top quality materials used by Guerlain, Chanel or Dior in my opinion.


The compact has a mirror inside, but to my regret there is no separate compartment for the sponge. Not really hygienic I think, since I usually don't cleanse the sponge after each use.

LUNASOL Shining Water Eyes ~ EX 04 Shining Beige (Spring 2010 Collection)



Thank you, Mihoko! She gave me this item as a gift! The Shining Water Eyes are available in 5 colors, which are all limited.


That's it for my spring haul! Reviews and looks will follow soon! ;)

Last but not least, I hope you enjoy my new blog layout! Well... sort of, since I changed the colors, header banner photo and some smaller details only!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

32 comments:

ning * star said...

omg... this is nice haul.
is the face creator 55 look more like a bronzer?

Blair said...

Hiya Jess!

Lunasol Neutral is a good choice for your header, loves it :)

I was thinking of getting MQ Spring too, but idk, I prefer more my shadows to have more colour payoff..

Vanilla said...

awww all too ohh so pretty!lol
reviews!:P

Popcorn said...

the maquillage eye creator looks soo cute~ too bad the seashells are just over sprays. the face creator looks soo adorable too!

Jamilla Camel said...

Very nice haul!! I'm loving my new Suqqu and RMK samples for spring!

Babybubblz said...

Maquillage palette is gorgeous! I wish the details were permanent too. Always nice to see a new layout =)

Lakshmi said...

Hi Jess! That's a beautiful haul.. everything looks so elegant, I bet it will look really pretty on you.. :)

Lakshmi said...

Hey! One more question... I've never bought any Japanese makeup (other than Shiseido in the US) but do you have any recommendations for darker skin? I'm a MAC NC43... Thanks! :)

Jess said...

Lakshmi:
Are you looking for base makeup or point makeup (e.g. eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks, etc...=?

Lakshmi said...

Hi Jess! I am looking for eyeshadow, blush and lipstick/lipgloss. My concern was that some of the eyeshadows look very pretty but may be too sheer to show up on my dark skin... that's why I asked. So I need shimmery but pigmented shadows and blushes. Thanks again :)

Anonymous said...

What is the Shining Water Eyes? Is it an eye shadow?

amynaree said...

cute haul, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the JS foundation!

Jess said...

Anonymous:
Yes, the Water Shine Eyes is a cream eyeshadow.

coffretgorge said...

hi jess! i like your new banner photo, its oooh so pretty! ;)

great haul as always, i saw the Maquillage eye creator samples last night when i went to Shiseido, the pink palette really looks nice, but i think im getting the beige palette like you. :D

im glad your issues are slowly being settled! don't you worry too much on the photos, with or without, i always love reading your posts! ^_^

Askmewhats said...

I've been wanting to purchase Jill Stuart products but they're not available locally and shopping online now isn't a good options, customs people down here at Local P.O. isn't happy with all my purchases :( Great March to you Jess, thanks for the bday greetings :)

Juli said...

Oooooooh I really like:
MAQUILLAGE Eye Creator 3D ~ BE 763 (

the seashells idea is nice :]

Dina (XYYan) said...

Great haul! they are all so pretty, will be waiting for your reviews about them :)

DSK Steph said...

beautiful haul!

Jess said...

Lakshmi:
When it comes to good pigmentation both for eyeshadows and blushes, I'd say MAC is the best choice.

Japanese eyeshadows and blushes are usually much sheerer.

Jess said...

coffretgorge:
Hehe... I can' wait to use the palette and see how it looks on me. ;)

Jess said...

ning*star:
I haven't tried out the face creator 3D ~ 55 yet, but I suppose the shades create a natural bronze look.

Catherine said...

Wow, lovely haul! Your purchases are always so pretty and well chosen... I feel like I should sit back and better consider what I buy too lol...

Chelle said...

Love your JS compact! <3 I'm gonna get the smooth silk powder foundation soon!

Nic Nic said...

great haul :) i like the face creators too. I know what you mean about bronzer with asian faces. I have a nars one and I think its too dark lol.

Lulu said...

what a lovely haul! the maquillage eye creator palette is SO adorable! w/ those seashells on the cream shadows. ahhh! i want!

LS said...

awww Jess, such a sweet haul!! i was going to get the LE shadow in green but the prints are so pretty that i'd be really sad once it's used. so i haven't decided wether to get it or not. the face creator is nice especially you can change the refill but keep the case. i have the sample for the JS foundation but didn't like it. it makes my pores look big. the powder isn't as fine as Guerlain's.

Jess said...

LS:
I'm surprised to hear that the JS foundation makes your pores look big, since just the contrary is the case with me (and I have really big pores on my nose!).

Well, proves that different skin needs different products! ;)

Zuuchini said...

really like your layout now!!! it's so cupcakey//dessert//sweet! and that's a nice picture you took for the banner

Tamtam said...

I love your new layout! so chic!! hehe..

Btw I LOVE the Maquillage palette u got, it looks quite plain.. but on eyes its so shimmery and clean and pretty... liike a Japanese shimmery take on NUDE make up ;P

How do u compare the JS powder compact with P&J powder compact? ^^ thanks

shaynaJo said...

very nice haul, Jess <3
and that Jill Stuart's compact looks really really pretty.
btw, how would u rate it? cant wait for the review *wink*

izumi said...

what a pretty haul!! the JS compact is so pretty ^_^ and the eyeshadow shades are so pretty and glowy.

Tammy said...

No matter how much I saw JS isn't a super good product, I'm always suckered into their packaging and lemming for more hahaha nice haul Jess!

Popular Posts