Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Friday, February 19, 2010

R E V I E W : Dior Crème De Rose Lip Balm SPF 10

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I myself, had some private 'problems', so I have not been really happy lately, what lead to the lack of motivation for anything. Well... life is not beautiful all the time, right?

Today, I'm doing a review about Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm SPF 10 - the new lip balm by Dior, that has been released with the Dior Spring 2010 Boudoir Lacy Collection.


Packaging
Crème De Rose comes in a beautiful little vintage-styled container with the CD logo engraved in the center. Now, I have to admit that I was tempted to get this product all because I couldn't resist the lovely packaging. But I know, I'm not the only one, haha...



Scent
Crème De Rose has a rose scent to it, which is not overbearing, but I have to note that I think, it might not be everyones' cup of tea. I myself don't love, yet doesn't dislike it (I prefer totally unscented lip balms).

Texture and benefits

It has a thick, not sticky texture that applies smoothly onto the lips leaving the lips feeling totally moisturized, soothed and plump. Not only is Crème De Rose a good lip balm itself, but it does a great job as a lip primer before applying lipsticks and lipglosses as well!

Since I don't have very dry or chapped lips, I can't tell how well it works in that case. But people with normal dry lips will surely be pleased with the very moisturizing benefits. I have noticed that dry lip lines immediately disappear ofter I applied it, making the lips feel and look ways smoother.




Verdict
Very moisturizing and soothing lip balm! The only downside of this product that I can think of might be the fact, that you have to use your finger for application, which is not the most hygienic thing. This, however, doesn't bother me much.

Price: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Texture and scent: 4/5
Results: 5/5

______
DIOR'S PRODUCT INFORMATION

The must have care for damaged lips. The lip balm allies the expertise of Dior research in nutrition to the delicate smoothness of rose petals. All its nourishing power comes from the rare and precious Damask Rose essential oil extract together with an anti-aging complex and Shea butter. Lips are instantly soothed, moisturized, beautifully plumped and soft. Totally addictive!



Hope, this review was helpful!
Have a great weekend!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

___
Source of Product Information: dior.com

30 comments:

Robolegojupiter said...

That's a lot of ingredients for this little guy! Btw, where do you shop for these department store brands in Vienna?

Blair said...

Prettiness! I love the packaging and the colour of the balm :)

Dina (XYYan) said...

hope you settle your problems soon :)
love the packaging, it looks really cute :)

ning * star said...

nice item.... hmm, not sure if this is available in my local store... the color is nice <3

MiuMiu said...

it looks so pretty and sounds great! I would get it but i gotta finish my rosebud salve first hehe

littlewing said...

I hope your problems get resolved soon. :)

The lip balm sounds lovely! The packaging is so elegant and ladylike. It's a pity I don't like using tub packaging or I'd get this for sure. ;P

Denysia said...

That Dior lip balm has cute packaging! :D

e.motion in motion said...

Oh, I was eyeing this! Thanks for the review :D Hope your problems go away soon!

Stefanie said...

The packaging is so cute, I love that vintage styling ♥

Shop N' Chomp said...

Love the packaging! I'm sorry to hear you have been dealing with some issues. Hope your situation improves quickly. :)

Anna said...

Lovely Jess, I'm sorry to hear about your personal problems, I've been feeling the same about personal issues/motivation, so I totally understand. On a lighter note, thanks for the review, I did have a look at this recently but thought I already have too many lip balms...oh no, did I make a huge mistake not falling for it?? Ah, there's still time to take out my wallet next time I'm at Sephora's!!! A big big hug, Anna xx

eri said...

i hope you're doing ok jess!!!

i was just wondering about this product and you go and post a review! jess to the rescue! i'm always looking for good lip products!

Oshiya said...

love the color. and the little tub looks so cute.

btw, considering how many products u buy, maybe i should tag u for the project 10 pan. (joking. i actually love reading your honest reviews.) :D

Catherine said...

Awwww, how are you doing, sweetie?? Email me sometime. I haven't forgotten about your MB products yet! I had a tough start of the week and I'm volunteering for the AAAS this entire weekend but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to Ulta tomorrow or at least by Monday. I'll let you know!

And dude... so jealous I can't try this b/c of the sunscreen. ;_;

Sher said...

I just bought this too! preparing for a review too, so far so good!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Thanks for the review Jess :)I didn't notice that product last time I went to the Dior counter
maybe I'll check it out next time :)

Jamilla Camel said...

ooh! Thanks for the review! I've been eyeing this lip balm, and I think I just might get it.

Hope you're doing OK...take care!

Sapphire (ayleen_sapphire@hotmail.fr) said...

For me it's not an efficient moisturizer but it excels in the rest. And I looove the scent!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Heyy girly! Just came across your blog and I absolutely love it!!!

DiWiMakeup said...

I think the packaging is very important to the overall appeal of a product and there have been many times I bought something because the packaging was oh so cute! I love your blog!

LS said...

fantastic review. i think i may give it a try after i finish my js lip balm

AthenaSakura said...

I just discover your blog, it's wondefull ! I love it !
Sorry for my bad english...
This product seems to be so nice. Maybe I'll try it too.

Tracy said...

I was considering of getting this, but decided not to since I have the La Mer Lip balm which I feel is pretty good. I guess my lips are too chapped even using the expensive stuff. I really can't wait for the day when I finish taking roaccutane.

Jess said...

Hey everyone! Thanks a lot for your caring words and support! Things are getting much better already! :)

And also a big HELLO to all my new readers!

Oshiya:
Haha... yep, I must be a hopeless beauty shopaholic! :p

Catherine:
Ohh... I see. ;/

Tracy:
I wanna try the La Mer lip balm next, hehe... maybe I'll do a comparison by then!

✿Ji✿ said...

Great review!
I hope your problems will solve really soon!
Feel better cutie!♥

Nic Nic said...

i wanna get my hands on that!! SO pretty.. ;) probably overpriced in japan haha. aww hope you feel better soon!

lilluna5416 said...

I just bought this recently! will post soon. Agree with everything you say, and I also was initially drawn to it for the simple and elegant white packaging!

Tammy said...

I've been so tempted to get this but the price made me balk X|Thanks for the review Jess!

fuzkittie said...

Agreed! It's an amazing balm! :D I'm so happy Dior came out with it. It's a perfect day balm.

coffretgorge said...

the packaging is lovely indeed :)

i hope everything gets well Jess! take care! :)

Popular Posts