Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FOTD : Romantic Valentine Look + Sanctuary Heart Earrings

I did this look about two weeks ago, which I scheduled to be published today. Exactly four days before Valentine's Day, haha...

I felt like doing a look with liquid liner, which I don't do very often, since liquid liners are so difficult to use on my weird-shaped eyes. I have to draw a really thick line so that it is visible at all once I open my eyes, since I have so called 'hidden double lids'. I believe, the technical term is called 'epicanthic fold'.

Means, the tiny fold is overlapped by the upper lid, when my eyes are open. It's hard to explain in words, but I hope, you kinda get an idea what I mean.

Anyways, here is a lightly winged liquid liner look, which I feel turned out quite romantic. So, I decided this to be my Romantic Valentine Look!


Juli from Sanctuary sent me a pair of her hand-made swarvoski heart earrings. Isn't it adorable? Thank you, Juli! I looove it!


You can buy this and many other beautiful hand-made jewelry pieces in Juli's blog shop at jusanctuary.blogspot.com!


A closer look at the earrings! Isn't the heart chain so dainty and cute? And perfect for Valentine's Day too!


Since I wanted the eyes to look really clean with all attention to the lightly winged eyeliner, I didn't line my lower lid. I just applied mascara to my (very sparse) lower lashes, lined the waterline with a white pencil liner to make the eyes look fresher and brighter.


To add a bit of definition to my flat eyes, I used the pale gold color on the inner corner, and along the lower lashline halfway out. The medium taupe color in an almond shape on the whole eyelid, and along the lower lashline halfway in. Lastly, I added the sparkly silver shadow right on the ball of the eyelids.


In this close up, it indeed seems as if I used another color on the outer corner, but I actually didn't. I have no idea why it looks like that though! I'm sure this look would have turned out much nicer with falsies on, but I have to confess, that I'm unable to handle with falsies. ;/


On my cheeks I used the SUQQU Blend Cheeks ~ 05 Kasanebeni once again! I really have neglected this blush for too long! Why? I really like the soft peachy flush it gives me!


Maquillage Moisture Rouge (Sheer Type) ~ RS 713 on my lips! This lipstick goes on super smooth and has a watery feel on the lips. There is a light metallic shimmer to it, which is luckily not over the top. I appreciate the glossy finish and the moist texture. RS 717 is a cool-toned rose color, which will flatter most Asian skintones with a fair complexion. I'm glad it showed up on my pigmented lips!

______
PRODUCTS I USED

FACE
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation ~ OC 01

CHEEKS
- SUQQU Blend Cheeks ~ 05 Kasanebeni

LIPS
- Maquillage Moisture Rouge (Sheer Type) ~ RS 713

EYES
- Lunasol Lighting For Eyes ~ 04 Neutral
- Lunasol Geminate Liner ~
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara
- Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099



Ending this post with this doll-like (picnik-ed) picture of me, haha... Just a random note: the bf said I looked like a 8 year old school girl in this photo here, haha... Oh, dear! Happy Valentine, everyone!


Oh, and I received a love package from Akisa from akisalove.com last week too! I'll show you what I got in one of my following posts! So, stay tuned! ;)

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

49 comments:

Maggie said...

Such a cute look! I think you look great with liquid liner.

Love how the chain of the earrings is hearts too!

Sheila P said...

So cute~~ I have hidden double lids too, its so annoying because I end up having to draw thicker lines >___>

naomi said...

ohhh so pretty!!!! lol
This is such a beautiful and natural look! :)

Bea said...

i like the whole look, sweet and fresh. :)

Jamilla Camel said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!! Love the earrings!

Blair said...

Jess, you look superbly soft and feminine in this FOTD! *hearts*

The Neutral palette looks fabulous on you! I'm thinking of getting it too, would you recommend it to me?

Yin said...

aw i love it you looks so girly and cute. =D

~tHiAmErE~ said...

absolutely stunning,hun!

i like how natural you look
& your lips are luscious!
^_^

二コラ said...

Jess you look really cute here! I`m in love with your lip colour... I dont want to buy anymore lipsticks, but what you`re sporting is tempting me. I liked how you lined your eyes - i have small lids and if I draw any thicker lines you can see my lashes haha.. so when im lazy i use liquid liner and give the mascara a miss!

PixyEla said...

Jess you always look so flawless!! I love your FOTD's because it's so soft and subtle. They are always nice for everyday wear. The heart earrings are so pretty!! Happy Valentine's Day to you. ^^

Jess said...

Blair:
I'm sure 04 Neutral will look so good on you! You have such a Snow-white-skin! <3

二コラ said...

btw i am eyeing up your concealer ;).. have you done a review on it yet? Im looking around your labels and I cant find it.. how is it?? I love their foundation, so I wouldnt mind trying out their concealer ^^

Dina (XYYan) said...

I know what you mean, i have hidden double eyelids too but only my right eye, that makes my eyes look uneven. sigh...
you look really pretty and cute here! :)

eri said...

i totally feel ya on the weird shaped eyes. i've discovered that mine are weird and that's why i have trouble w/falsies and cat eye liner!

your look is sooo cute! i love the lunasol colors. very cute. :)

Robolegojupiter said...

I really like the winged eyeliner on you, more definition!

Are you enjoying your semester off so far?

P.S. I need to look for dupes of your lippies! +^~^`

amynaree said...

so cute, the winged liner really makes your eyes so adorable!

Christine said...

Your look is so cute and soft I love it! I especially love how you did your eyeliner :D

xbbkay said...

very cute, i know what you mean about the eyelid thing. and i REALLY know what you mean when i saw the 3rd picture with the thick eye liner. LOL. it' looks cute. i love heart shaped stuff :D

Mary in Wonder said...

ooh i love this look! Clean, simple and the cute earrings fit it so well! ^.^
Happy Valentine!

Liana said...

very pretty!

LS said...

Jess your eyes are pretty! please don't call them weird shape or else they'll cry =(
anyway love the look. romantic yet sweet and your skin is so perfect too

coffretgorge said...

hi jess! ooh how pretty! winged eyeliner looks nice on your eyes. :)

and those earring are so cute! :)

Denysia said...

Lovely FOTD once again Jess! :D

xSplendidStar said...

OMD you looks really young in the last photo!!! So cuteeeeeee! ^___^

Winged eyeliner really suits you! I can't do them anymore, there was a time when I was addicted to them and always had to use them and hated the pencil liners. But luckily I got out of it coz it surely took a lot of time just to line the eyes. Now I can't go back. Might try gel liners someday :D

Nevertheless I love your Valentine look! Unfortunately don't have anyone special to spend it with so make-up will not be necessary on that day I guess. But luckily, I have the Chinese New Year as an excuse :D

xxx

Lulu said...

Adorable valentine's look Jess :) and those earrings are so cute! I love the heart chain!

hahaha I think we are both commenting on each other's blog about the same time cuz I just got your message notification in my email :p Yea LUSH store gives me a headache sometimes too, I swear that's their strategy, to make me buy everything in a hurry and just jump out of the store! LOL. Shopping online is much more pleasant :p I really like their bubble bars mainly, because they make an awesome bath!

Askmewhats said...

really nice earrings!!!! Lucky you, I seldom wear long earrings like that!

Jess, I love your eye photos, so clear :) and makeup looks gorgeous

lilluna5416 said...

the earrings are absolutely adorable!

Blogger said...

Really love your FOTD, not just this one but most of your FOTD.. I like they way you do your make up - clean, sweet and simple!!

Beautiful, simply stunning!! and Happy Valentine to you too!

izumi said...

VERY romantic!! ^___^ so cute and pretty!

Jess said...

Awww... thanks everyone for your super lovely comments!

NicNic:
I do never skip mascara (only when I'm pressed of time), since I have so puffy eyelids, and I simply look tired and droopy w/o mascara on. :/

Robolegojupiter:
Thanks for asking, but I'm not really enjoying my semester, since I'm so stressed out by working at the restaurant... and for some personal reason too. :(

LuLu:
Haha, how cool! ;)

Oshiya said...

that's so cute.. :D i love sheer shimmery colors.

liquid liner is sort of hard to work with. i think i used it like once or twice and have never gone back to it.

stellarvixen said...

happy V-Day too!
luv your well defined eyes~ really pop-up and shimmering! haha
you can always line your eyes for daywear too...your technique is wearable hehe

am going for pink,violet,gray this valentine - using the NEW egerie collection from shu uemura <3

i like your stash of makeup!
i think am neglecting my geminate lunasol...

Jessying said...

The clean look makeup make you so cute and younger ( U still young lol!)... hehe yes like 8 years old :) .. give a sense of innocent!

Jessying said...

And yes the earring very nice leh !! love shape somemore.. just nice for Valentine!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

I like the wing eye liner look, it's very pretty :) thanks for sharing

Zuuchini said...

clean, simple and classy!! and i totally understand your lid folded hahaa, since we both have the same problem

ning * star said...

nice FOTD, i thought u were wearing falsies... is a nice, cute, sweet look <3

me too, I'm not really enjoying this semester. Is really stressful because this is my final semester and the thesis is the most "ewwwww" part!

mayaari said...

what a soft and sweet look :) the winged liner looks nice!

if I'm feeling extra tired, sometimes one of my lids folds more than the other, so I end up having to balance it out with thicker eyeliner, so I know what you mean about the eye fold :)

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

wow i swear you have such pretty eyes and lips :) I like the winged liner on you. It really suites you well. Oh and i Juli is sooo nice. I really like her stuff.

miemiemie said...

you look so sweet and innocent :) and once again,i must say that i love your lip shape! i'm so envious..so tiny and pretty

p chan said...

i love your lips!! do you apply your lipstick with a brush? the finish is so even!!!

Jules said...

You look so pretty dollface! I love it...natural, flawless beauty. =D Happy Valentine to you too!

acutelife said...

I know what u mean with hidden eyelids :) my little niece has that too.
Love ur look jess,n I always like the colors you picked for your lips, simply gorgeous

Tammy said...

The last photo is so adorable Jess! Happy Valentine's Day ^^

Miss K. You said...

Jess, I love your skin and this elegant Valentines look- you are right, the lightly winged eyeliner does make the look all the more romantic :) Happy CNY and Valentines Day!

Catherine said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous FOTD! I really love this blush on you - it's so pretty and fresh looking (not that you don't always look pretty and fresh looking in EVERY fotd!).

I think you did an awesome job with the liner! I have lids like yours too, I think. My folds are so uneven... ;_;

shaynaJo said...

an absolutely sweet look just nice for Valentine's. I like the clean cut liner look too :D.
Oh..this reminds me that I have not celebrated Vday yet since it's clashing with the Chinese Lunar New Year too.. :/

Cyd said...

You're Beautiful. Stay Gorgeous!!! I hope you'll have an amazing day. take care

Love, Cydia

Material Beauty said...

I wish I discovered your blog earlier! The Valentines look is really pretty. I can probably try it for a random weekday :) Thanks for the inspiration! I'm going to follow your blog :)

Popular Posts