Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

FOTD : Sweet Pink Valentine

It's going to be Valentine's Day in about three weeks, ladies! I heard that this year's Valentine Day overlap with Lunar New Year! Hehe, what a coincidence! ;)

So, I did a Sweet Pink Valentine look today! A bit early, but anyways, haha... Actually, a really quick and easy one! Oh, but please don't pay attention to my hair! The length it has reached by now is just awful! Honestly, I'm clueless about how to style! :/

Starting with the steps for this look!

Step 1
- applied soft pink from the Dior palette allover the upper lid and in the inner corner



Step 2
- tightlined and lined upper lid with the brown Maquillage Dramatical Gel Liner
- apply it lightly along your lower lashline about 1/3 inwards


Step 3
- applied the darkest brown color from the Dior palette on top of the liner along the lashline
- added a bit more on the outer corner and along the lower lashline 1/3 inwards (to blend out the harshness of the line you draw with the gel liner)
- curled the lashes and applied one layer of Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara and a second coat with Diorshow Black Out Waterproof


Actually that was meant to be the finished eye, but I felt it didn't look pink enough, so I added a more vibrant pink eyeshadow from MAC

Step 4

- dabbed on MAC Da Bling!onto the upper lid beginning from the inner corner and blended into the brown color



That's it! A soft pink look that is perfect for a date, when you wanna look young, fresh and cute, hehe...


But why looking so fierce here, Jess? :p
Oh, have I ever mentioned that for some reason I feel that Rouge Volupté seems to plump up my lips? I love love love it!


I tried to look kawaii, haha...


Pink tends to make puffy eyelids look even puffier. To avoid this, I made sure to add a deeper color (I used a brown shade, since I think brown goes beautifully with pink) along the upper lashline and on the outer corner to add depth to the flat eyes.


Apply the pink blush right on the apples, to create a cute flush! I blended it a bit upwards along the cheekbones, since I have a chubby face.


I unintentionally reversed this photo , and I thought it looked nice, so I kept it like this, hehe... I hope you liked my quick and simple Sweet Pink Valentine look! Let's make everyday a Valentine's day! ♥


PRODUCTS I USED


EYES
- Dior 5-Colours Iridescent Eyeshadow ~ 609 Earth Reflection
- MAC Eye Shadow ~ Da Bling (Veluxe Pearl)
- Maquillage Dramatical Gel Liner ~ BR 652
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara
- Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099
- Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black

FACE
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 ~ Warm Ivory 1
- Guerlain Les Météorites Powder For the Face ~ 03 Beige Chic

CHEEKS
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush ~ Pink Sugar 1

LIPS
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté ~ 1 Nude Beige




Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

40 comments:

alien man?! said...

Jesssss You look SOOOO CUTE here!! OMG I wanna eachoo up xD

Sheila P said...

Awwwww you're SO cute... *pinch* XD

Love that look, I need to get my hands on a (or multiple, or tons of) Rouge Volupte lipstick too, lol =P

Babybubblz said...

aw such a vday girly look! i must revisit pinks some time. your earrings are adorable!

ning * star said...

oh, I love this ! very lovely, definitely will melt a man's heart. haha xD

Denysia said...

Lovely FOTD as always Jess! :)

I find styling my hair hard for when I go to school/hang out. Sometimes I will curl it, or I will just wear it up! Hope that helped you out a little!

eri said...

jess this is such a cute, sweet look! you've truly mastered your eye makeup :) i love it!

amynaree said...

love this look, so girly and sweet :)

Robolegojupiter said...

Sweet and pink indeed ;)

Really nice makeup you have. I'm tempted to buy the Jill Stuart xmas collection.. it's very pale pink. Kind of toooo girlly for me, maybe? I'm more a Goth kind a girl at heart.

Diane said...

Love this FOTD! Pink looks great on you, so girly and clean. I'm loving that pink bobbi brown blush. The pink scarf accents the look perfectly.

Tracy said...

Very pretty Jess!
Will you be leaving your hair long? You can do so much with it when it's longer, so hope u can bear with it!

PixyEla said...

Love this look, it's so soft & lovely. ^^ Thanks for your great tips about puffy eyelids. I have chubby cheeks too hehe.

Catherine said...

This is such a cute soft look - perfect for Valentine's day!!

Connie De Alwis said...

very cute look! :D

Janelle said...

Ooh! Pretty! I love how subtle & sweet it is. Perfect for romantic date. Thanks for the tut!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Very Pretty and Cute Jess, I really like that shimmering pink colour it's so sweet!! :)

xbbkay said...

very cute! i love pinks

Askmewhats said...

i really love the way you do your eyemakeup! i can't seem to do it with my different eye shape :) Love your Valentine look, so sweet!

Jillian said...

you look super cute

LS said...

so soft and sweet looking. love your earrings!

Tammy said...

so cute!

annoiii said...

You look so cute!:)

Stefanie said...

Very cute, you look so fresh and natural! ♥

Jamilla Camel said...

You look like the perfect Valentine!!

Jian said...

Ahh Jess you don't have to try to look kawaii, you already are!!

Seriously though, such a pretty and soft look! Valentines day is in fact Chinese new year this year! Are you spending it with your boyfriend? I should probably send my boyfriend something actually, since I won't see him D=

Blair said...

Aww... you look so fresh and adorable!!! Are you going to wear the same look on Valentine's?

PS: love your necklace! :)

LilliChantilly said...

Very natural and pretty! I like it :) Hope you have a great vday and new year ;) xx

izumi said...

perfectly pink! adorable<3

Ushishi said...

you pull off shimmery shadows so well! i am in love with those color combinations, so pink and girly but not overdone :)

Ceecile ~Priscilla Clara~ ^^ said...

Love your look here! The Valentine's day is so near already, hehe.. Every pink lover and chocolate mania should scream in happiness, haha! ^^

Oshiya said...

so cute.... it's like a very innocent look.

Sapphire - www.sapphirecosmetoaddict.com said...

Oh yes I agree, Sweety look!

birkinbagbeauty said...

already thinking about Valentine? That is really early...at least you will have this gorgeous look to flaunt to your valentine (or your friends). This look is really soft and pretty, perfect for a valentine look

Eva said...

so pretty!! don't you just love that dior palette? so versatile i use it almost everyday!

Stacieee said...

Hey Jess! Yeah isnt it funny how V-day is the same day as Lunar New year? The look you did is so pretty! Its perfect for Valentines Day!

said...

i def cant have enough pink eyeshadows hehe niiice! i love the shimmer

Eden said...

wow this is adorable! ironic thing is, i just got the same Dior 5 shadow pallette and been looking for tutorials on how to use it! yours has been really helpful! thanks!

<3
eden

xSplendidStar said...

Aw Jess! You look adorable! I like that pose with the hand!!!!!!!! Great stuff ^____^

xxx

mayaari said...

this is a really sweet look :) i feel the same way when i wear pink shadow (making my lids look puffy)...think it depends on how cool the pink is, that seems to emphasize the puffiness for me...but pairing it with brown looks really nice!

lindah said...

I like the puffy eye look on me sometimes :P geez I am weird! You look too cute all pinked out ^_^ and the scarf is lovely too <3

Paris B said...

Hi Jess, thats such a sweet look! I love how that shade of Rouge Volupte looks on you. I only have the bright red one. I'm going to check out something a little more neutral soon :)

Popular Posts