Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

FOTD : Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color 01 and 09 + First haul of 2010

Today, I had some time left to put on makeup before leaving the house for Uni. So I did a really quick and easy look using Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N in 01 diamond snow and 09 midnight shine.



I dabbed on 01 diamond snow onto the whole lid to brighten up, and applied 09 midnight shine from the lashline a bit upwards and added a bit more on the outer corner to give my eyes more depth.

Next, I tightlined with a black eyeliner and lined the lower lashline about 1/3 inwards, since I think it looks more natural on me, when I don't line all way in. Then, I lined my waterline with a soft ivory eyeliner to make my eyes look brighter.

At last, I curled my lashes and applied one coat of Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara and one coat of Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof. And that's it!

Oh, I just remembered I have already posted a look using exactly these two Jelly Eye Colors earlier some time in September, when I was on vacation at my parents'. You can see the earlier look here! There is a bit of difference, no? If not, sorry for being bored by me, hehe... I think this time, I achieved a bit darker and smokier look, which is more winter appropriate. What do you think?


Sorry for the fierce expression! This is the proof that I look scary, when I don't smile, haha...! Since I have a really bad hair day, I thought, I looked better with the hair put into a ponytail.


Again, I have to note that it much darker and much much more sparkly in real life than in the photos. I haven't used 09 midnight shine for quite a long time, but now I've fallen in love with it again, hehe... such a beautiful sparkly deep blue! Well, actually I love all my Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Colors!

Kept the cheeks and lips subtle in bright pink shades, to appear fresh and young, hehe...

______
PRODUCTS I USED

EYES
- Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color ~ 01 diamond snow
- Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color ~ 09 midnight shine
- Lunasol Contrasting W Eyeliner ~ 04
- Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara ~ black
- Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099

FACE
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation ~ OC 01
- Guerlain Les Météorites Powder For the Face ~ Beige Chic 03

CHEEKS
- Jill Stuart Mix Blush ~ 05 pastel peach

LIPS
- Lunasol Full Glamour Lips G ~ 09 Sheer Pink



Have I told you that I have been a good girl for about 3 weeks, for I haven't spent on anything beauty related since Christmas? Aren't you proud of me? Haha... ok, now onto my first haul of 2010!



SISLEY Express Flower Gel ~ hydrating, toning and firming mask



I got this mask due to a sample that I got some time ago, which I really loved it, since it did really deeply hydrate my skin. Everything about this mask is pure love, except of the heavy price tag. :/ I will do a proper review on this product later on. I haven't forgotten that I still owe you tons of product reviews - so sorry for procrastinating! ;(

DIOR Duo Magique Duo-Phase Eye Makeup Remover



Since I got the items yesterday, I have already tried this out, and it's really good. Easily removes any traces of eye makeup - even my super stubborn Shiseido mascara, without leaving neither an oily residue, nor a dry feeling behind.


CLINIQUE Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment


I believe, I have mentioned this product not only once, but over and over again, haven't I? Haha, of course I have, since it is my holy grail lip treatment product, which I'm restocking. Read the review here! I hope the ingredient remained the same, since the packaging obviously has changed a bit.


CHANEL Le Vernis ~ 505 Partiulière (LE from Chanel Spring 2010 Collection)



I've been wanting this nail polish ever since I saw the promo picture of it, and now I finally have it! Can't wait to paint my nails with it next week!


YVES SAINT LAURENT Eye Shadow Duo ~ 1 Heavenly Beige / Astral Brown


This is my first eyeshadow palette of YSL. The texture of the shadows in this palette is amazingly smooth and velvety. The shimmer is super fine and sparkly. This palette features a soft white and a rich golden brown with golden shimmer to it.


A close up photo, that shows the fine shimmer pretty nicely. This palette features a soft white and a rich brown with golden shimmer. It is certainly a palette for an everyday neutral to-go look, but I can imagine to create a darker night time look with it as well.


Gotta take a relaxing shower now and pamper my hair and my dry winter stressed skin! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Oh, and I have added some items to my blog sale! Visit my blog sale here! Thank you!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

39 comments:

eri said...

such a cute look on you jess!
the dsk necklace is super cute on you too :)

such a great haul...the ysl eyeshadow colors are amazing!!!

hope you show us the nailpolish when you use it!

Denysia said...

Awesome items! I love that look! It's very simple to do, yet very pretty! :D

Jess said...

eri:
Aww, thank you! Sure I'll show you how Particulière looks on my nails! I hope, the color doesn't apply streaky, since I'm really bad at applying nail polishes properly, hehe...

And yep, the colors of the YSL duo palette are really beautiful!

Tammy said...

is 505 from the new spring collection from Chanel?? I love the soft feminine colours it's coming out with!

Jess said...

Tammy:
Yes, 505 Particulière is from the Spring 2010 collection! ;)

PixyEla said...

Nice and simply look that's great for everyday. I like it. ^^

MilknCookiie said...

Your make up looks are always so polished and suitable for every day wear. ♥ The Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color in 'Midnight Shine' is absolutely gorgeous!

♥ Milk

Shop N' Chomp said...

What a sweet look and wonderful haul! Love your DSK. :)

Juli said...

Oooh very nice =D
I especially love the:
VES SAINT LAURENT Eye Shadow Duo ~ 1 Heavenly Beige / Astral Brown

Mona said...

what a cute look!

i love the ysl duos, consistency is actually better than their bigger eye palettes.

Catherine said...

Very pretty FOTD! You always look so bright and fresh, Jess! Lovely!

And oooooooh, pretty new things!! :D

Jess said...

Mona:
I totally agree! The bigger eyeshadow palettes are just so so, but the duos are so good!

Sue said...

Great haul! btw, your skin looked flawless!

Zuuchini said...

you've been a good girl, you deserve all these make up <3

i really want to try jill stuart jell eyeshadow, they really stand out in your eyes! Do they tend to dry in the pot?

viickietoria said...

everything looks amazing! you have such perfect flawless skin! (:

ning * star said...

i love this look, very clean. The JS blush is so nice, too bad it was LE @.@
you look glow and flawless!!! LOVE

lilluna5416 said...

beautiful FOTD and the YSL eye shadow, WOW!!! just WOW so pretty

stellarvixen said...

ALAS i get a feel & taste of JillStuart goodness ~ her royal princess feelling lol~~

i'm loving the eye jelly
*i got the same diamondsnow! mustget pot~lol subtle sparkle is a darling

i like your do!

initially i had some frustration trying to blend & lock the colors for long lasting using eyejelly & seductive eyesquad..
after several attempts of applying Paul&Joe eye primer, matte eyeshadow (pink/neutral hue) then only apply eyejelly & eyequad..
finally i can achieved my desired looked & showoff JillStuart colors & effect~~ haha

tips: apply a dash of diamond snow under your eye area (bags, darkcircle) although you hav none*giggle this can brigthen up our look & fresh looking !! bling bling angelic innocent JS theme!

oh wow what a spurlge! right after the new year hehe! i'm falling for the YSL e/s duo!!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

You look great in your fotd, I used to use Flower Gel masks too, actually I used Sisley range for probably a good 2 or 3 years until I got really sick of the packaging :) but you won't be disappointed that's one of the best mask I have tried.

Jamilla Camel said...

What a pretty and natural look! And a great haul!!

I am stuck at home...can't get to the shops, and the delivery guys can't get to me!!

Jess said...

Zuuchini:
I gott my Jelly Eye Colors a course of montag ago, and one has ried up yet. Still moist and jelly-like.

Shanghainese Dumpling:
Yes, thus is definitely one of the best masks ever! I'll switch to Sisley skincare regimen very soon, since I'm running out of my La Mer stuff.

Jamilla:
Oh... I've heard about the heavy snowboard situation in the UK in the news! I hope, you will be able to getting out to the city soon! Good luck!

O

Jess said...

Zuuchini:
I gott my Jelly Eye Colors a course of montag ago, and one has ried up yet. Still moist and jelly-like.

Shanghainese Dumpling:
Yes, thus is definitely one of the best masks ever! I'll switch to Sisley skincare regimen very soon, since I'm running out of my La Mer stuff.

Jamilla:
Oh... I've heard about the heavy snowboard situation in the UK in the news! I hope, you will be able to getting out to the city soon! Good luck!

O

Jess said...

Zuuchini:
I gott my Jelly Eye Colors a course of montag ago, and one has ried up yet. Still moist and jelly-like.

Shanghainese Dumpling:
Yes, thus is definitely one of the best masks ever! I'll switch to Sisley skincare regimen very soon, since I'm running out of my La Mer stuff.

Jamilla:
Oh... I've heard about the heavy snowboard situation in the UK in the news! I hope, you will be able to getting out to the city soon! Good luck!

O

Jess said...

Zuuchini:
I gott my Jelly Eye Colors a course of montag ago, and one has ried up yet. Still moist and jelly-like.

Shanghainese Dumpling:
Yes, thus is definitely one of the best masks ever! I'll switch to Sisley skincare regimen very soon, since I'm running out of my La Mer stuff.

Jamilla:
Oh... I've heard about the heavy snowboard situation in the UK in the news! I hope, you will be able to getting out to the city soon! Good luck!

O

Sapphire - www.sapphirecosmetoaddict.com said...

I love your look! Natural and feminine! I'm jealouse because you bought chanel particulière, in France the collection is not in place yet!

acutelife said...

Is the clinique lip treatment work well??because I need some treatment for my dry lips XD
i like the fotd, yes it is much darker than the one you did before but both look nice :)

Oshiya said...

diorshow looks really good on you. i think your lashes look so much thicker.

ps. you don't look scary when you're not smiling.

MiuMiu said...

that's a pretty big first haul hehe
i think i've been good and haven't bought any new makeup for at least 3 months XD

jewels said...

love your look in these pictures. very classy!

Robolegojupiter said...

Exquisite makeup! I went to your "About Me" section and found you are located in Vienna! I'm in Eisenstadt, which is roughly 30-40 min. away! ;)

miss wiggle said...

You look beautiful, Jess! And you have fantastic lighting in your photos! xD Makes me think of summer. :)

Jess said...

Sapphire:
Oh, I'm astonished to hear that France is even behind Austria! I thought, Chanel products are produced in France?! :/

acutelife:
Yep, the Clinique Lip Tretment really works! Always keeps my lips super smooth and moisturized!

Oshiya:
Yes, the Dior Black Out WP mascara works so well together with the Shiseido Lasting Lift, to give me the look of fuller lashes. Oh, and thank you for thinking I don't look scary w/o a smile on my face, hehe...

MiuMiu:
Oh... you have been a really really really good girl! ;)

Robolegojupiter:
From Eisenstadt? How cool! I haven't been to Eisenstadt yet.

Miss Wiggle:
Well, I think the lighting is kinda ok, since it always washes out the colors of the makeup a lot! ;/

shaynaJo said...

great FOTD, Jill Stuart Jelly Eyes look so pretty and has gotten lots and lots of great review.. I cant wait to get one.. too sad it's not available in my country.. :(

and great haul there too.. YSL eyeshadows looks beautiful too =)

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

you have flawless skin.. so pretty!! :) i love all the products you used. a lot of them are ones i've seen or heard about but haven't had the chance to try out yet. i LOVE your blog! i'm following :D xx

Sagu said...

I found your blog today and I have been reading your entries like crazy, I'm following you :D I love your blog layout, it's so cute! You're cute and pretty too, and your skin looks so flawless.

The YSL palette looks so pretty and perfect... It's a pity that I can't afford it since I'm a student D: But it's nice to look at pictures of it!

Jess said...

Anita:
Thank you! <3

Sagu:
Oh, I'm really glad to hear about your nice feedback about my blog! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Hope, you will remain my blog reader for a long time, hehe... ;)

mayaari said...

the dark blue shimmer is really gorgeous on you!

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

you look super pretty hon :)
i love your haul too! the YSL eyeshadow duo & Chanel nail polish look especially good.
and thanks darl! :)

xoxo

lindah said...

I want to try jill stuart products! OMG, I am gonna save up so maybe next year I can get that blush compact that everyone has and the jelly eye colors ^_^ GRR... but anywho, this is very subtle especially with using the hella dark blue :) I like it! I can't imagine myself with light eyemakeup anymore lol :X

Popular Posts