Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FOTD : Elegant Lady

I told you that I was super excited to put on makeup with the Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Duo in 1 Heavenly Beige/Astral Brown, didn't I? As expected, the consistency of this palette is gorgeous! It applies super smooth, blends easily and there is a good color payoff.

I especially appreciate the fine shimmer, which makes the eyes gleam in a very natural way. Due to its' super fine shimmer, it is very suitable for puffy eyelids like mine, since it doesn't enhance the puffiness (we all know that chunky glitter makes puffy eyelids look terrible, right?)!

So, here is the first look I did with it!


Presenting an Elegant Lady Style today! Would I convince as a tough-minded business woman? Haha... probably not.


The eye makeup is again really fast and easy to do. I applied the soft white color allover the upper lid and the inner corner. Then, I tightlined the upper lid with a black liner and blended the brown shade along the lashline upwards, and added a bit more color on the outer corner to give more depth and make the eyes look bigger.

Next, I lined my eyes along the lower lashline and blended out the harshness with the brown eyeshadow. Finally, I curled the lashes and applied mascara. Et voilà!


Close up of the eye. My lashes don't behave today, argh!



I highly recommend this palette to anyone, who can't wear warm toned browns. The brown shade in Yves Saint Laurent Eyeshadow Duo ~ 1 Heavenly Beige/Astral Brown flatters cool skintones prettily. Usually, I tend to stay away from brown eyeshadows, since they have always made my eyes look tired. But I'm glad this one doesn't so. Seems like I have found a favorite brown !


Finished the look with peachy cheeks and lips. The blush might be a bit too strong, but I feel it goes well with this look somehow. By the way, I noticed I used mainly French brands today... I hope, you liked this look! ;)

______
PRODUCTS I USED

EYES
- Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Duo ~ 1 Heavenly Beige/Astral Brown
- Lunasol Contrasting W Eyeliner ~ 04
- Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099
- Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black

FACE
- DIOR Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation ~ OC 01
- Guerlain Les Météorites Powder For the Face ~ Beige Chic 03

CHEEKS
- Shu Uemura Gow On Blush ~ Peach 40

LIPS
- Dior Dior Addict High Shine ~ 346 Coral Sensation
- Chanel Lèvres Scintillance Glossimer ~ 126 Silex

EYES
- Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Duo ~ 1 Heavenly Beige/Astral Brown
- Lunasol Contrasting W Eyeliner ~ 04
- Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099
- Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black



Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

33 comments:

therainbowstar said...

This is such a gorgeous look! ♥ I love the lip colour in combination with the YSL duo. :D

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

you are really elegant! you and lina (the beauty look book) have a very similar taste IMO. i like it a lot!

i need to do this every now and then to remind myself i can be a lady. lol

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

so pretty as always! :)
i love the products you chose <3

ndoodles said...

Definitely very pretty - and that seems like a lovely brown. I always like my browns to be on the cool side too.

Yin said...

gah this is such a classy look. Im so digging peachy cheeks and coral lips atm.

I love it!

Take care!

Jess said...

jojoba:
Yes, I love Lina's choice of makeup a lot. I'm glad you liked this look!

Lulu said...

Very pretty and elegant! love it <3

ning * star said...

very pretty. I like that u always able to make a very clean look

Zuuchini said...

super sophisticated! i would say you look like a strong business woman!! Just toughen your eyes, and there you go!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

This is very elegant I like how you dress yourself with pearls hehe very lady like :)

fuzkittie said...

This is the most elegant look I've seen on you yet Jess!! I LOVE it!! <3

jewels said...

you look amazing!

Jess said...

Zuuchini:
Haha, yay! ;)

Shanghainese Dumpling:
Yes, Pearls always adds a touch of elegance to any outfit!

Askmewhats said...

oh wow..the YSL e/s looks gorgeous! i love your FOTD, you did it so well!

Blair said...

Jess, this is such a sophisticated and elegant look! I really like it a lot, plus your pearls really completed your whole look!

Pretty Pouts said...

What a beautiful elegant look! Very inspiring! Thanks for following my blog, I followed back :)

Oshiya said...

ok, u make me really wanna get that diorshow now.. :D

ps. i think french brands realy do make good cosmetics.

izumi said...

i think you'd make a gorgeous OL :)

e.motion in motion said...

Gorgeous! Love this look, and your skin is so flawless (:

Shop N' Chomp said...

What a beautiful look. Especially with the pearls! =)

DSK Steph said...

Beautiful look Jess! I learn to learn from you!

shaynaJo said...

hi jess, the colors look great on ur eyes! beautiful and yes, very elegant. Looks kinda pigmented too yeah?
I love ur pearl choker too.. simply add on more elegance into the whole look :D

Jamilla Camel said...

Ladylike indeed!! This is the best ever!!

Sapphire - www.sapphirecosmetoaddict.com said...

Oh yes french products! I'm proud of our brands here hihi ^^

You've done a very seductive look I think! And the blush makes you more mature and femme fatale. ;)

gio said...

This is a pretty and classy look. You look so elegant.

alien man?! said...

Looking very elegant, Jess. I totally envy your flawless porcelain complexion T_T I didn't think "tough business woman" so much as "classy dinner host". I'm picturing you entertaining guests with fancy hors d'oeuvres and fine wine. I hope you invite me T_T

eri said...

VERY pretty & elegant, jess!!!
and i love the pearl necklace :)

Jess said...

alien man?!:
Haha... gorgeous! Sure, I'd invite you, mon amour!

SOPHIE WEARS said...

very chic and elegant! clap clap clap!standing ovation!

Tammy said...

I love the look on you Jess!! I especially love the lippies that you paired it with, it's such a beautiful and sophisticated look :)

Catherine said...

Gorgeous and very classy!!

Anonymous said...

Nice look...so pretty and elegant :)

lindah said...

Jess, you ALWAYS look elegant in your fotd :) I want to challenge you! Do a trashy look! LOL, you don't have to wear it out, but I wanna see if you could wear a trashy skanky look :D I think it'd be interesting! It'd be like alter ego -- since you always look so beautiful ^_^

Popular Posts