Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Haul December 9th : Chanel, Guerlain, Bobbi Brown

I spoiled myself with some goodies yesterday (as kind of a "pre-Christmas present" to myself, haha...), after leaving the super draining (and drowsy) class that lasted from 10:30 am to 17:00 pm.



CHANEL Dissolvant Doux Nail Colour Remover


This has been strongly recommended by the SA (by the way, she is Taiwanese as well). According to her it is the best nail polish ever, for it is super gentle to the nails and cuticles, yet effortlessly removes any nail polish. She also stressed that in contrast to drugstore nail polish removers, this bottle will last quite a time, since a little goes a long way.

She let me test it at the counter. It really took off the polish super efficiently, and it doesn't have the typical stinging scent of a nail polish remover at all. I feel, it has a soft powdery scent to it. Really like that, haha...


GUERLAIN Météorites Powder For Face ~ 03 Beige Chic


I had the Météorites in 01 Mythic, but swapped it to Jamilla, cause it made me look a bit too pinkish, since I'm concerned with redness in places. Now, I finally got my hands on Beige Chic! I'm pretty sure this is the perfect shade for me.


GUERLAIN Lip Pencil ~ 00 Cupidon



Bought this to line my lips, when I wear bright lipglosses, since my lip contour is not very prominent.


BOBBI BROWN Chrome Eye Shadow ~ 03 Pewter (for more information go to Bobbi Brown's official website here!)


This is a limited edition item from the Bobbi Brown Holiday 2009 Chrome Collection. There are two other shades available - Gold "a gold metallic" and Silver "a silver metallic", but Pewter is just the most outstanding color to me. Described as "a cool bronze metallic" at the Bobbi Brown website. It's just such a versatile neutral metallic eyeshadow, isn't it? I also really like the packaging!


I first swatched it on the back of my hands at the counter, and I thought it was a really pretty shade. But when I dabbed a bit onto my lids, it just wowed me!


It has a somewhat creamy texture, that goes on super smoothly. The color payoff is great too, but you can totally build up the intensity! I've been told by the SA that it can also be used with a damp brush, if I want it even more pigmented.

I'm looking forward to using all the stuff, and doing a look! Argh, it's nearly weekend again... you know that I'm destined to work every weekend, not? Well, I'm kind used to it already, but it's still so very annoying. (, _ ,) Anyways, I wish you all a great weekend ahead!

Oh, and I've actually reached 500 followers today! Thanks everyone for your support! I really really appreciate it!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

33 comments:

Milk said...

Wow. The Bobbi Brown eyeshadow looks amazing! I usually dislike going to the Bobbi Brown counter here because the MA can be quite pushy, but the eyeshadow is definitely worth checking out. ^^

♥ Milk

J-ezzy said...

All the items are sooo pretty, Jess!! Great post :)

Tracy said...

Lovely Hauls! The Guerlain Meterorites Powder For Face is a lovely shade that tub lasts so long... =D

innerchild said...

Nice haul! *drools* I want to try Beige Chic and some Bobbi Brown shadows. They don't have a shop around here so I have to order online, which isn't very fun .-. The color looks pretty and I can tell from the photo it's really smooth and silky (I'm really not liking much of Japanese eye makeup I've bought in the past, the glitters are too chunky xD) I'm tempted!

Eva said...

nice haul!! wow that eye shadow is gorgeous!!

Jamilla Camel said...

ooh Nice! You got Beige Chic!

I got the BB Chrome Palette, and I'm glad I did...the shadows and lippies are gorgeous!

eri said...

OOH,chanel nailpolish remover?!? so luxurious!

i am in love w/that bobbi brown eyeshadow! i must to get that this weekend!!!

Sapphire - www.sapphirecosmetoaddict.com said...

The dissolvant looks amazing, very pretty! I think I will try it one day :)

Tracy said...

Congratulations in reaching 500 subscribers!

I've never seen the Guerlain counter sell that shade of Meteorites. That's some lovely goodies you have there. :)

Jess said...

Milk: Yes, check the eyeshadow out! It's gorgeous!

Jamilla: Yes, I saw the Chrome palette too, and the shades are all so beautiful!

Eri: Hehe, let me know, when you got it and how you like it, oki? ;)

lindah said...

HUHHH!?!? How does that take off the nail polish? It looks like nail polish! LOL :)

I really wanted the beige chic too, but I figured that it's not a "NEED" product but I will still invest in it later in the future :D

That BB eyeshadow is gorgeous! It's totally your style ^_^ I think you should do a look with it soooon, I'd love it to wow me ;D

Dina (XYYan) said...

Great haul! what a nice present for yourself :D

Miss K. You said...

Congrats on the followers! That eyeshadow color is so pretty.. I wonder what kind of things are on your wish list :P

p chan said...

Pretty Pretty HAUL!!! :D i love the pewter eyeshadow!

Jess said...

Miss K. You: Haha... my never ending wish list is on the left sidebar actually! (^- ^)

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

That Bobbie Brown Shadow is very pretty!! :)

Askmewhats said...

I've never bought Chanel Anything except fragrances! I'd love to give Chanel cosmetics a try!

Blair said...

Nice haul Jess! Please do a look with Beige Chic and Pewter?

Daituf said...

Phew, thank god the guerlain balls in my sample kit is beige chic... pink would not look good on me :S
How do u use it btw? All over the face? or just as a highlighter? I really have no clue... I just like em coz they look cute...;/

Uinisan said...

That's some high class nail polish remover you got there haahahhahaha... Let us know if it works just as well for almost all brands of nail polishes :)

Jess said...

Daituf:
Yes, I actually use it allover the face! You can either use it as a setting powder over you regular foundation (this will give you a luminescent glowy finish) or just on its' own on foundation-free days - that's what I did the last two days, hehe...

Lorelle said...

Quite the lovely loot you have there!
LOOOVE the BB shadow especially!
Just discovered your blog & it's awesome :)

♥akisa♥ said...

nice haul! The chanel polish remover is on my wishlist too.. haha.. the pewter shadow looks interesting!! can't wait to see a FOTD~

Alice said...

Great haul! I especially love that Bobbi Brown eyeshadow! I can't wait to see the FOTD you would do with all this new stuff!

said...

you know all the best things hahaha omg really like omg

Jian said...

Wow, I can't wait to see an EOTD/FOTD with the Bobbi Brown shadow, its a really nice wintery-colour!

I'd also love to see a review on the Guerlain Meteorites Powder, I was SO tempted to buy the mini set at the airport for $70USD, as it contained 01, 02 and 03!! I was so tempted...I don't see myself finishing a whole one anyway.

That nail polish remover looks interesting too. I think I probably need it...I do my nails some serious harm when I try to remove glittery polish =__=

PinkyKathy said...

Great Haul!!!! so many goodies. ^_^

Shop N' Chomp said...

Congrats on hitting 500 followers, Jess! :) I had no clue Chanel came out with a nail color remover. Even the bottle looks nice...hehe. You always post such nice stuff.

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

thanks darl! your blog is cute :) so it's a pleasure to follow!
good luck with growing out your hair darl!

xo

bowsnhearts said...

Hi, I have just stumbled upon your blog!!!

Great buys!

Daituf said...

Thanks for the advice jess! I tried that, and it's not as sparkly as I thought! I shall use it as a setting powder then :)

acutelife said...

Nice hauls as always. I'm curious to see how the bobbi brown e/s color will turn out on your skin :) it's so pretty.
Ugh,working on weekends is what I always try to avoid XP hehe..what do you work as btw?

Marce said...

Lovely haul! I like the look of that eyeshadow, it's a very pretty colour. And the Meteorites are stunning! Congrats on all the followers, BTW!
XO

Popular Posts