Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Subtle Holiday Look: Bronze Metallic Eyes + Moto Jewelry and DSK Jewelry

Today, I tried to do a holiday look with the Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in 03 Pewter. Well, it didn't turn out very festive. Yet, I should mention that it's a lot darker in real life than in the photos (like most of the time with my photos... sigh!). So, I'd say it's more of a subtle holiday look, hehe...


Here are the steps to this look!

STEP 1
- Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N 02 gold light allover the top lid


STEP 2

- apply Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow 03 Pewter from the lashline upwards, following the shape of your eyes, also on 1/2 of the outer lower lashline


STEP 3
- line the upper lid with MAC Fluidline Blitz & Glitz thickly and slightly wing it out at the outer corner

STEP 4
- line the lower lashline with Lunasol Contrasting W Eyeliner 02 (the glittery side)


STEP 5
- apply a black eyeshadow (I used the black color of the Givenchy Prisme Again 44 Precious Shimmer) on top of the liner of the upper lashline, starting from the outer corner and smudge it about half way in
- brighten up the inner corner of the eyes with a golden shimmery eyeshadow (I used the glittery golden color of the Lunasol Lighting for Eyes ~ 05 Khaki)


STEP 6
- curl your lashes and apply mascara (I used Shiseido Lasting Lift in black and topped it with Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof)


That's it. Simple as usual! (^ . ^)

Since the eyes didn't turn out really bold, I thought I'd combine it with a more vibrant lipstick. I chose Lunasol Full Glamour Lips S in 30 Medium Beige Rose and applied Chanel Lèvres Scintillance Glossimer in 121 Beige Guitar over it to make it more shimmery.


Did you spot me wearing Sarah's 'Christmas Corals' earrings and Steph's 'Small AB Swarovski Heart on 16" Thai Helix chain' necklace? I think they match quite pretty!

I love the Bobbi Brown Chrome Eye Sahdow a lot! Goes on super smooth like a cream shadow, and the shimmer to it is so fine, and there is absolutely no fall out. Hmm, somehow the eyeshadow doesn't look that bronze on me, don't you think so? But I still like the color a lot!


The following photos are taken with camera set to 'backlight on'. It makes the photos brighter, yet sadly washes out the colors even more.

I wanted to go for golden shimmery cheeks, so I used the MAC Powder Blush in Honour, which is described as a golden beige with gold shimmer, but it didn't show up enough. Hence, I added a bit of a bronzed rose color underneath the cheekbones with Clinique fresh bloom allover color in 02 posy, to define my cheeks a bit more.


A close-up of the earring! I super love the translucent glowy finish that the Guerlain Météorites Powder gives me. 03 Beige chic is the perfect shade for me, since I feel it does slightly tone down my pink undertone (and redness).


Oh, just in case you wonder, yes I have had my hair slightly trimmed again. Actually, there is not a huge difference, hehe... But since the hairdresser cut the tips too evenly last time, I went to have them frayed. Now they are slightly more fringed (and also a bit shorter) than before. I start wondering, if I will ever be able to grow my hair out successfully?


Ok, enough cam-whoring, haha... I hope, you liked my subtle holiday look! I try to do another look next week! Have a great weekend everyone!

______
PRODUCTS I USED

FACE
DIOR Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- BOBBI Brown Skin FoundationSPF 15 ~ 01 Warm Ivory
- GUERLAIN Météorites Powder For The Face ~ 03 Beige Chic

CHEEKS
- CLINIQUE fresh bloom allover color ~ 02 posy
- MAC Powder Blush ~ Honour

LIPS
- LUNASOL ~ Full Glamour Lips S ~ 30 Medium Beige Rose
- CHANEL Lèvres Scintillance Glossimer ~ 121 Beige Guitar



EYES
- JILL STUART Jelly Eye Color N ~ 02 gold light
- BOBBI BROWN Chrome Eye Shadow ~ 03 Pewter
- LUNASOL Lighting For Eyes ~ 05 Khaki (the glittery gold color)
- GIVENCHY Prisme Again ~ 44 Precious Shimmer (the black color)
- MAC Fluidline ~Blitz&Glitz
- LUNASOL Contrasting W Eyeliner ~ 02
- SHISEIDO Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901
- SHISEIDO Lasting Lift Mascara ~ black
- DIOR Diorshow Black Out Waterproof ~ 099




Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

44 comments:

eri said...

aaah! the chrome shadow! i went to look at it, and when i swatched it, it came out so light...nothing like how it looks on you! now i'm in love again and may need to go back! i'm in love w/this look jess!!!!

Uinisan said...

I DO LOVE THE LOOK!!! Love what you did with all the different eye colours coz they go so well together and is quite holiday like with a tint of green :) U sure look bling bling and real elegant with all the jewelry on hehehehe... Look forward to next week's holiday look :)

Vanilla said...

awww i loveur fotd !:)

Mona said...

a nice subtle glam! love it!

amynaree said...

how cute!! i love bobbi brown chrome shadows, they are gorgeous!

Jess said...

Oh, thanks everyone for liking my subtle holiday look! ;)

eri: If you apply more, it definitely goes on more intense!

xSplendidStar said...

Awwwww I really like this look Jess!!! So prettyyyyy and love the products you use as well!! Sorry for excessive exclamation marks >_<

xxx

Shop N' Chomp said...

Your tuts are always so simple and easy to follow...love them and thank you! :)

leslielovesmakeup said...

i love the haul, you're gorgeous!

p chan said...

Jess! You have the prettiest subtle looks!! <3

ning * star said...

really clean and fresh look.

Alisa said...

You've got gorgeous collection of cosmetics!
and I like this look on you~ your skin looks so glowy <3

Askmewhats said...

wow..your close up eye shots are wonderful! Love how pretty the blending is and I love your skin! :)

Marce said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial, I enjoyed the photos and text!
XO

Whitney said...

wow!!! that is beautiful- I'd love to try that jill stuart eye color in the pot- so pretty and shimmery!!

PixyEla said...

Ohhhh this is such a pretty FOTD!! Great job. ^_^

Becky (everyday makeup) said...

Dang! Your skin is flawless! WOW!

Anyway, what do you use to fill in your eyebrows? They are very nice.

Catherine said...

Oooooh, I think this is a gorgeously elegant holiday look! I LOVE it!! :D :D :D

That makeup used picture looks AMAZING btw too!

Kym said...

great job on the makeup, very simple but elegant!! :) and gotta love both sarah and steph!! <3

Lorelle said...

whaa love this look! especially the pewter shadow on the eyes! loooks marvelous i must say! :)
& i love your jewelry!

Jess said...

xSplendidStar:
Haha, no problem about the exclamation marks! ;)

Shop N'Chomp:
I'm so glad that the steps helps.

Askmewhats:
Thank you, Nikki! I wished I had good daylight though.

Becky:
I'm using Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901

Catherine:
Haha, I agree the products look sexy! :p

e.motion in motion said...

Hey gorgeous! (: Thanks so much for the cbox comments & for following too! *hugs* I did make my layout myself, graphic/web design is bit of a hobby for me hehe XP For my current wishlist, it's all text -- titles are italicized & the dotted line is a customized < hr > linebreak.. =) I just used these checkboxes ☐ ☑ to make it more interesting ^^

Blair said...

you look amazing with bronze (it looks khaki-ish on my laptop) eyes! and thanks for the tutorial!!!

alien man?! said...

this is a gorgeous fotd, jess! and your skin is so flawless T_T

Oshiya said...

Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N 02 gold light = LOVE

so pretty.. :D

lavender said...

Hi Jess

Love this look. Such flawless complexion you have.I am anew blogger, do visit me. thanks

Aralka said...

I like this make up! Your eyes are big and bright!

Anna said...

Wow, that's a pretty impressive make-up lineup...and cam-whoring, hehehe! You look as sweet as always, even with darker colours on your eyes, you have such an angelic look! Wish Bobbi Brown would come to Italy, have you had it for long in Austria? Got a couple of (lip) things in Munich recently, but wish I had checked out the shadows as well! xx

Connie De Alwis said...

pretty! your eyes look stunning :D

Jamilla Camel said...

I love you in Metallics! Your skin is looking really good, too!

Jess said...

Blair:
Yes, it looks kakish on my computer either. It's weird, since it's a taupe-bronze in real life.

Anna: Angelic look? Aww... thank you, hehe! :) There is only one bobbi Brown counter in Austria, and that's in Vienna, but I'm not sure how long we have it now...

Jamilla Camel:
Thank you! Yes, I'm happy with my current skin condition. Hopefully, it remains like this for ever, haha...

Miss K. You said...

Wow I love this look, very glam and elegant! I noticed the adorable earrings too :D

♥akisa♥ said...

your complexion is gorgeous~ I love the pewter shadow on you!!

Mary in Wonder said...

Actually I like this look a lot as a holiday look! Very elegant and fresh! And something that pleases you whenever you look at it.

Tracy said...

Wow, those colours really look amazing on you! Thanks for the EOTD

annoiii said...

Your eye makeup looks gorgeous!

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

thanks darl! :)
i love this neutral look you've done. it's gorgeous on you!
you also have really nice skin love! :)

xo

p.s. i love the earrings you're wearing :)

NottyEvil said...

festive holiday look! eyeshadow looks very clean and elegant on you :)

lindah said...

I think this look is perfect for the holidays especially the girls that likes the more "subtle" looks :)

Divya said...

hey... thts really a pretty post! great make-over indeed :)

sindylicious said...

Jess!
Your skin looks so flawless! I love this look, I'm gonna re create this :)

Enchanted Little Things said...

very nice. please check out my site for a free jewelry giveaway. Enchantedlittlethings.blogspot.com

Rosanna said...

This is such a lovely look :)

Those earrings are really very elegant.

(And you are Ohh...pretty! hehe)

Juli said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee the eyeshadow colors!! I'm a major sucker for neutrals, and those are amazing. And especially look amazing on you :] haha

Popular Posts