Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My 5 November Favorites + Koji Curving Eyelash Curler

Ahh... it's been quite a while since my last post, hm? Honestly, I haven't been motivated enough for writing anything (not that I don't LOVE blogging, I doooo!). Maybe it's just I needed a short time out (and playing Cafe World on facebook instead, haha...). I didn't mean to neglect you, my dear readers! (. _ .)

But now, to my actual post!

I'm always interested in getting to know other girls' favorite products, hence I thought, why not sharing mine either? So let me introduce 'My 5 November Favorites' to you!


(1) LA MER The Mist
I'm using this facial mist about twice a day. My skin has become feeling tight during the day due to the cold weather and heating. This mist really does help to refresh and soothe my skin. I feel like my skin regains its' suppleness instantly after I sprayed it on. It also makes my skin look super dewy and glowy when sprayed over the makeup!

(2) CLINIQUE Water Therapy Whipped Body Cream
My skin on the body gets very dry and prone to eczema during wintertime. This is the best body cream so far, because it doesn't irritate at all (my skin on the body gets irritated and reacts with even more eczema out breaks easily) and nourishes my very dry skin.

The texture is soooo good! Yes, it indeed feels like whipped cream! Although it's very rich, it doesn't leave any sticky or oily residue behind, but totally melts into the skin, leaving it super soft and smooth. It has a very light minty scent to it, which I like a lot.

(3) LUNASOL Star Shower Eyes ~ 02 Medium Night

This is my favorite palette of the moment, which I use nearly every other day, because the shades are so neutral and just go perfectly with everything.

(4) MAC Mineralize Blush ~ Improvise
This blush simply makes me look the freshest! As like the 02 Medium Night palette, I use this blush nearly every other day. So love the color and the glow it adds to my cheeks!

(5) YVES SAINT LAURENT Rouge Volupté ~ 26 Tender Peach
Gorgeous color (in fact the prettiest opaque peach lipstick to me!), gorgeous texture.


---

This small pouch was a random buy, when I was on the way meeting my sister for looking for a birthday present for our cousin. It's made of leather and has a glossy silvery surface. I thought it looked quite nice, so I bought it. I'll use it for my makeup essentials, that I carry with me in my bag.


Oh, and I got my hands on a new eyelash curler. It's the Koji Curving Eyelash Curler, which I got from BoboDave. You can purchase it at Sasa too. You wonder, why I buy another one, when I said I already found my holy grail curler (the Shiseido one)? Well... I got tempted to try it out after watching this youtube video and reading raves about it, haha...


So far, I don't like it more than my Shiseido curler! It does fit my eyes quite well, but for some reason it doesn't lift my lashes as beautifully as the Shiseido curler does. A side by side comparison.


Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of them from the front side. Let me know, if you are interested in seeing more pictures! For more information about the Koji Curving Eyelash Curler, check out MiuMiu's post!


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

28 comments:

Babybubblz said...

I love Shiseido's eye curler! I'm tempted to try the Koji one too, but thanks for reminding me to stick with what works :P

Sheila P said...

Hi Jess! That lipstick looks gorgeous, I definitely want to look into getting it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Askmewhats said...

aww thanks for sharing your top 5! the mineralized blush from MAC looks pretty even on pan alone!

izumi said...

the body cream sounds TDF :) and i'm loving your 3 makeup products! what pretty colors<3

Shop N' Chomp said...

I really like your YSL lippie...so pretty! And I love your new layout. :D

Tammy said...

Hehe I love looking at people's top makeup loves. It's like peeking into someone's bag lol

The La Mer face mist looks interesting. Only sad that the markup for La Mer is crazy insane where I live :/ Thanks for sharing!^^

LOL @ Cafe World! I can never play that because it reminds me of my pt job, and not in a good way haha

Blovet Beauty said...

i've tried the kojic curler b4 and didn't like it too... it seemed to pinch the skin around my eyes...

p chan said...

Nice post Jess! I love the way you take your photos! The photos always turn out so clear and bright! I'm so tempted to try the Clinique Whipped Body cream now!!!

Catherine said...

Oooooh, I am so lemming improvise now hehe. I am gonna try to do a November Favorites post too! I think it's such a cute idea!

And aww, I just got Koji No. 73! It doesn't fit my left eye at all, but I'm hoping I can flatten it just a tad to fit my right eye well (the M&N Shallow Type fits my left eye perfectly but crimps the lashes on the inside of my right eye - I'm so asymmetrical LOL!). I really wish the Shiseido or Shu worked for me... I do agree the Koji ones I have don't really "curl" the lash very well if you're looking for a nice round curve.

Very cute bag! I love the metallic finish!

stellarvixen said...

great post! Novs fav good ideas hehe
ohh beautiful Lunasol palettes~~
this fall range were soldout..in my town :(

i gotta try the lighter shades of YSL lippie one of these day! i have the plum metallic which made me look like a VAMP lol

onto eyelash curler..my shu curler has been around for jolly long years lol...might tryout shiseido see how well it crimps & stay

Thanks for swingin by my blog..
stellar & stars whaddayaknow..

Uinisan said...

I love using facial mists it's kinda like a must nowadays if you're like me...SUPER DRY~~ hahahaaha... I've used the Shu Uemura one and currently love the drug store Avene one. It totally refreshes you up with that cooling affect (even it is only for a few short seconds heheheeheh...)

Swtest2Lips said...

That blush and lippie looks so pretty. I def wanna get into more peachy shades.

Jian said...

Thanks for sharing! I think I should probably check out that Clinique water therapy body cream...Sounds like I could benefit from it! (I already got eczema from this nasty cold weather).

Actually, like you I think I prefer the Shiseido curler over all the other ones. I didn't think it'd make a difference, but it did!

Jess said...

Tammy: Haha... yep it does remind me of my pt job as well, but well... :p

Oshiya said...

i have a shu uemura and it's a good one... have u tried it?

i also found that if u lift ur lashes with ur finger or q-tip or whatever right after u put on ur mascara.. keep pushing them up like 4-5 times while they're still wet and ur lashes will look lifted. not as lifted as with the curler, but less damaging... at least for me.

Jess said...

Oshiya: Yes, I have the Shu Uemura curler too, and it doesn't work for my lashes at all. It's the worst that I had so far. :/

I have ways too firm lashes, which are in NEED of eyelash curlers to get lifted.

Oshiya said...

Hi Jess,

I don't think your eye shape is anywhere near being weird. I'm Asian, too. The thing with us is that we have more fresh on our creases. So our eyes look a bit puffy in photos, especially if the focus/flash/setting isn't well taken care of.

The only reason my crease doesn't appear as puffy is because I have this strange coloring around my eyes (Panda-like brown circle).

I think if you like a deeper-looking crease, you should try the soft cut-crease look. I find this looks way better on Asian eyes than the regular smokey cat eyes.

Sapphire said...

The purple color of La Mer mist is so amazing lol! I must to try the shiseido lash curler, but I'm a bit afraid of. ^^' And the whipped body cream by clinique is very tempting. I like this brand.

Daituf said...

Wooo, that blush look pretty...like a shimmery peach/orange in the picture...Kinda reminds me of organge creamsicle :P
I can imagine it looking very fresh!

gio said...

Thanks for sharing your fave products. The blush and lipstick look gorgeous!

Jamilla Camel said...

I love that YSL Lippie on you!!

acutelife said...

I have the shiseido eyelash curler too, I think it's a fantastic stuff :)

Faye Prettyhead said...

I have to say that palette is gorgeous! All the colours I love using! I think I need it!

MilknCookiie said...

The Clinique body cream sounds so nice! I'll check it out once I finished up my La Roche Posay body balm. It works very well, but it does leave a bit of a sticky residue behind.

♥ Milk

Sugar Bunnie said...

love the look of the lipstick and palette

xSplendidStar said...

Ohh I like your selection of November favourites! Can I say neat and practical? Glad that Shiseido beat the Koji one! Lol I don't know why I'm glad ahaha but it does look better than the Koji one in my opinion.

Hope you're well :)

xxx

fuzkittie said...

Oohh making me want to try the Clinique body cream!

innerchild said...

Thanks for the review. I remember trying out the Curving Lash Curler. It crimped my lashes. If you look at the pads, they're have grooves. Well, I'm waiting for my Shiseido one to come in the mail. Hopefully it'll fit my eyes so I can end my search for a lashcurler xD

Popular Posts