Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Mini Haul : Dior Vernis 782 Silver Purple + Dior Foundation Brush

As the title already revealed, this is another haul post again - a mini haul actually! You wonder about my makeup diet? Haha... call me a loser or whatsoever! But hey, after all I kept about three weeks!? (^ o ^)/

Ever since I saw Dior Vernis 782 Silver Purple at All Lacquered Up a few days ago, I decided that I had to get my hands on it. This nail polish is a limited edition item from the Dior Holiday 2009 Cristal Boreale Collection.

To me, Dior Vernis 782 Silver Purple is pretty much the most outstanding item out of the whole collection. I think the two palettes, the single shadows and the lippies are pretty, but somehow don't tempt me enough though. Well, that's great for my purse, isn't it? Hehe... yay!


DIOR Vernis ~ 782 Silver Purple


Doesn't it look stunning just in the bottle itself? It is a deep smokey purple with silver shimmer to it. It looks very dark indoors and more purple with silver hues outside in daylight. It is definitely one of the prettiest dark nail polishes for this season!


DIOR Foundation Brush



Yes, I chose this foundation brush, simply because I love the design, hehe... But, the brush itself has very soft hairs too! I'm going to use it for blending concealer. I don't like actual concealer brushes, since I feel they are too small, which doesn't make blending out smoothly as effortless as with a foundation brush.

Now I gotta catch some more sleep, since I got a cold this weekend. Have a great week ahead!

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

30 comments:

Askmewhats said...

wow..the Dior brush is soooo pretty to use! I'll just probably stare at it! :) Love the polish!

Daituf said...

Three weeks is pretty impressive...
You should be proud of yourself!

Eva said...

that nail polish is GORGEOUS!!

Sheila P said...

Hi Jess!

I have that nail polish too, and I agree that the colour is gorgeous. The Dior foundation brush is also my favourite, the hairs are SO SOFT, it blends everything in so well. Its also dense enough that I use it to buff out my foundation too (although I have a feeling it's not too great for the brush itself...)

Jamilla Camel said...

I LOVE that nail polish and the brush is gorgeous!

Babybubblz said...

I don't see much purple in the polish but it looks gorgeous on your nails. Very unexpected haha.

The brush is beautiful too! I also feel that concealer brushes are too small, so I use a foundation brush as well.

♥akisa♥ said...

ohh I want that Dior polish after seeing it on another swatcher!! I so agree with you about larger brushes being more effective at blending concealer.. especially under the eyes.

Catherine said...

Nice minihaul! I think three weeks is quite admirable - I think my longest nobuy lasted barely 5 weeks hahaha... but I do have to restart mine. Love the polish - it is so pretty! And I think your application is actually quite good! Practice makes perfect though, truly, when it comes to nail polish. =) That is one goooorgeous foundation brush too - so classy and sophisticated looking!

Beauty Snap said...

Woohoo, great nail polish!! Love how you included that necklace in the back of the dior brush haha :D

p chan said...

that nail polish looks fab on you! it's really a unique colour! :) i don't use brushes to blend in concealer... i just use my fingers hahaa. cos i'm too lazy to wash my brushes!

Jess said...

Beauty Snap: Haha... does the necklace look that real? It is indeed a picture from a magazine. :p

therainbowstar said...

Wow, the nail polish is so pretty! ♥ I don't use nail polish much any more either, but I think I'll have to check it out. And your application looks perfectly okay to me. :)

PinkyKathy said...

Nail polish is super pretty!!!!! elegant and feminine.

I love your necklace on the background. ^_^

sizbelle said...

they are lovely, i know why you indulge in this little feast despite your diet..

Jian said...

I agree that is very very pretty for fall. And all of Dior's brushes look so sleek and shiny!

Hope you feel better soon =)

lilluna5416 said...

that is a gorgeous brush!!!

Mary in Wonder said...

The nail polish does look good! Like the color!
And the brush....the handle is pretty!

fuzkittie said...

LOVE DIOR!! :] <3

xSplendidStar said...

Woah Dior has one of the most prettiest designs on their products :D Loveeeeeeeee the design on the brush too! And the nail polish looks super nice! Looks 'Oh so glam~'

xxx

Sapphire said...

Ohh nice nailpolish, but I find it a bit more silvery than purple for me. However the brush is veryyy tempting!

eri said...

such a pretty nail polish color!!! stop tempting me! hahahaha.

the brush is very pretty too. simple, yet pretty. :)

.....still thinking of the polish....

gio said...

The nail polish is gorgeous! The brush is beautiful too.

ilyana said...

that nail polish has such an amazing color! And LOL don't worry I tried to be on a make-up diet and two days later, I'm on Sephora ordering YSL rouge volupte lipsticks :/

Love your blog!

Anna said...

LOOOVE the nail polish, wish I hadn't seen it, now I wouldn't be lusting after it, hehe! unfortunately I'm having a very bad nail time at the moment, must be the cold, heating, etc etc :((((( Three weeks without buying make-up? Is that possible??? :P xx

Tracy said...

I'm now going to check out the Dior nailpolishes during lunch today. :) I'm just as bad on my supposed 'makeup diet'.

izumi said...

i'm loving your layout colors ^__^

very pretty nail polish!! and i'm loving the necklace you have behind the foundation brush.

Blovet Beauty said...

If I wore foundation, tat is a brush i would love to have sitting pretty on my dressing table. it's a gorgeous looking brush!

said...

i have nothing but good things to say about Christian Dior makeup hehehe i recently got my makeup done there and am sooo inlove with them! hehe

Uinisan said...

that nail polish colour is something I would so wear for fall... heheheh Nice choice!!!

lindah said...

I'm loving both of them, but the nail polish is gorgeous! ^_^ I wish I could afford that brush *sigh*

Popular Posts