Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

R E V I E W : RMK Powder Foundation EX

Quite a few of you are really interested in the RMK Powder Foundation EX SPF 24++, so here is my review!

First of all, you should know that I prefer powder foundations over liquid foundations for my daily makeup routine. Firstly because I find it more convenient, and secondly, because I feel that my skin (which easily gets irritated) for some reason gets along with the powder texture better.

Packaging
The powder foundation case and the included brush come in grey velvet pouches. I enjoy that, cause it will never become looking as dusty as the black ones like these of Chanel or Guerlain.



The case itself is kept super clean without any embellishment, yet very elegant an chic. The brush is designed for brushing on the pearl shimmer powder on top of the actual foundation. The bristles are quite soft, but I have felt better ones though.


Shade and description
The picture shows the RMK Powder Foundation EX in the shade 101, which is the lightest one. It's a perfect match for my fair skin. I'm happy that the shade doesn't have a pink undertone, nor is it too yellow. I'd say it's a neutral pale beige color that is perfect for fair Asian skintones.

As you can see, this powder foundation features two sections. The upper section consists of the pearly shimmer powder, the bottom section the actual powder foundation. The pearly shimmer powder is to be applied over the powder foundation to create the dewy finish. According to the information sheet, avoid the oilier T-zone area though.

The shimmer has nothing to do with chunky glitter or anything like that, it's just like a veil of iridescent glow - which creates the dewy finish.


You see the fine pearly shimmer, and silkiness of the powder? I wished, you could!



Onto the off / on photo! Indoor lighting without flash.
Please excuse my gross face! But hey, that's me au naturel, haha... (^- ^)


Texture
The texture of the powder foundation is amazingly fine and silky. It applies very smoothly, blends into the skin easily, and doesn't dry out at all. It has the least powdery texture for a powder foundation (if that makes sense). The pearl shimmer powder is equally fine and smooth to the touch. It has nothing to do with chunky glitter or anything like that, it's just like a veil of iridescent glow.

Coverage
The coverage is light to medium. Compared to the Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation (read the review here!), this one is less covering. It evens out the redness on my cheeks and around the nose nicely. I can't complain about the pore coverage either. It does not sink into the gross pores on my nose, but hides them very nicely.

Finish
The finish is definitely dewy and absolutely not matte or cakey. Of course, I love the finish. It's the most dewy finish I have ever achieved with a powder foundation.

Staying power
The staying power is moderate. The area around my nose became shiny after about 2 hours, but the rest of my face stayed fresh and dewy looking. Thus, I think this powder foundation is best for dry and normal skin.

Additional
I regard it worth mentioning that I'm not fond of the sponge that comes with the foundation. I feel that the soft and smooth surface of the sponge (as nice as it might sound) actually doesn't spread the foundation evenly, but streaky. On the contrary, the sponge that comes with the Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation worked very properly.

Ingredients


After 10 hours of wearing without any blotting and touch-ups. Slightly blotchy around the nose, but overall still pretty flawless! Indoor lighting without flash.


Indoor lighting with flash.


RMK's Product Information


Verdict
As to creating a dewy finish as if you were wearing a liquid foundation, this product totally succeeded. Nevertheless, I'd be happier, if it had a bit more oil control ability. Once again, I recommend it to dry and normal skin.

On the whole, I like this product, since no powder foundation so far achieved such a beautiful dewy finish like this does.

Price: 2/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture and scent: 5/5
Finish: 5/5
Oil control: 2/5


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

___
Source of Product Information: rmkrmk.com

22 comments:

eri said...

oh yah! i've been waiting for this review! i'm very interested!!!

i think i'll have to wait for my wallet to recover from my sephora blow out hahaha.

thanks for the review jess!!! :)

Angela said...

thanks for the review. I really love how it looks on you. I am really tempted to try it.


http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com

xSplendidStar said...

Oh la la ~ Your skin looks really nice! Thankies for the review!

xxx

alien man?! said...

you look sooooo cute even without makeup on
great review! makes me tempted to try out the powder foundation

stellarvixen said...

ohh you make me wanna try RMK too!
you already have such bright & clear complexion wheeee polish-looking

boo for the price!
but yay for the coverage~~
oh pretty pretty!

Zoe said...

Thanks for this review, I have been always curious about their products, have u ever used their liquid foundation yet?I see many Japanese magazines recommending it.
I agree with everyone, u have such a nice flawless skin^^

Beauty Snap said...

Yay nice review!
I really liked the JS powder foundation.. found that one nice but I think Lunasol is way better (though I haven't tried). :)

Catherine said...

Oooh, thanks for sharing! This looks realllly nice!

Jamilla Camel said...

I'm glad you like it! I've got desert dry skin, and this is the only powder foundation I can wear...it fab!! (I wear 102, the second lightest shade).

Thanks for your review!!

tokyostargirl said...

I love the grey packaging!

Askmewhats said...

we don't have RMK brand sold down here but i want this powder foundation! your skin is so flawless! A lot of actresses down here are using this..plus your review, I want it more

Uinisan said...

wow... thanks for the detailed review on the foundation. I've always wondered about the RMK products and I guess they aren't too bad afterall. Often or not...living in Aus means we don't have the option of getting hold of most Jap/Korean brands (so sad). In the meantime I'm satisfied just learning about the new stuff from girls like you doing these great reviews :) KEEP IT UP!!!

♥akisa♥ said...

Totally agree with u on the Lunasol sponge!! I might give this RMK a miss since I need decent coverage~

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

THanks for the review Jess, sorry that I only had the time to come by now!! as I have mentioned on my blog post HUGE Drama at home hehe :)

Anyway this foundation is fantastic i think your skin is fantastic with out it anyway !!!!

Stacieee said...

Thanks for the review jess! It looks very natural on you! and doesn't make your face look matte =)

izumi said...

definitely interesting ^__^ wish that it would control oil a little better though..

Jian said...

Wawawa~~~! Thanks for the review! I've actually been intrigued by the RMK makeup stalls that have popped up in Selfridges. Although I got put off by the over-enthusiastic American-sales lady so I decided to back off.

nazarienne said...

interesting Review!

Well wanted to announce that I've a giveaway at http://kumoripaws.blogspot.com/2009/10/that-thing-owes-me-pair-of-shoes.html

Blair said...

I love your new layout! It's very pretty!

fuzkittie said...

Great review! I'm glad you love this one too~ I think you'll LOVE the Diorskin Nude powder compact foundation!!!!

lindah said...

great review! It really gives you a nice glow ^_^

MiuMiu said...

i've always been iffy on powder foundations cuz they look cakey and dry on me, but this one sounds like a dream!

Popular Posts