Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

FOTD : Autumn Golden Bronze For Daytime with Kate Diamond Cut Eyes GD-1

Yesterday was Austria's national holiday, so I just came back from work yesterday late night. Although, I still feel lacking of sleep and rest, I'm all for doing a look with my new makeup stuff today! Maybe it's my bad conscience because I hauled so much makeup the last weeks, but haven't really touched them yet, hehe...

For a change I felt like putting on some golden bronze colors, so I decided using the Kate Diamond Cut Eyes GD-1 palette that I bought from Jamilla's blog sale.



STEP 1
- color A (pearly color with golden shimmer) allover the lid



STEP 2
- color B (bronze brown color)along the lashline a bit past the crease and the outer corner



STEP 3

- tightline with Lunasol Contrasting W Eyeliner ~ 04 Deep Black
- line upper lashline with Maquillage Gel Liner ~ BR 625 following the natural shape of the eyes, and drag it out a little bit on the outer corner
- line lower lashline with the same Gel Liner



STEP 4

- apply Mascara
- accentutate the inner corner of the eyes a bit more with color A
- color C (deep gray color with golden shimmer) a little bit on top of the upper liner and 1/3 of the lower lashline starting from the outer corner


And you are done! Yes, I know it's really time to throw the mascara out... it doesn't apply properly anymore and clumps like hell, urghs!


Again I wonder, if it's worth to go to the time and effort of doing eye makeup with eyeshadows, since the colors seem to disappear on my puffy monolid eyes anyways - at least in the photos... Sigh! ( ; _ ・ )


I like the Maquillage Gel Liner a lot, since the texture applies very easily, goes on smoothly, and doesn't smudge on me. Another advantage is that this product comes with a really good brush. BR 625 is a very pretty brown color with a nice shimmer to it. So pretty!


This is the RMK Powder Foundation EX about 1 hour after application. Still pretty flawless. Can you see the subtle glow on my forehead and the cheeks in the photo. I can already tell you that I do like the foundation, hehe...


I'm satisfied with the Kate Diamond Cut Eyes GD-1 palette. Even though this golden palette is a bit more on the warmer side, it is still neutral enough to flatter most skintones. Not as luxurious as Lunasol palettes of course (well, since Lunasol is in another price range), but still very nice. The color payoff is good, and all shades apply and blend smoothly without creasing.


Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer ~ 126 Silex on my lips. I feel, I have neglected this pretty lipgloss quite a while. Nevertheless, Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer is still my favorite lipgloss. I think, no other can replace, hehe...


______
PRODUCTS I USED

FACE
- DIOR Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- RMK Powder Foundation EX SPF 24 PA++ ~ 101

CHEEKS
- SHU UEMURA Glow On Blush ~ P Peach 40

LIPS
- CHANEL Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer ~ 126 Silex


EYES
- KATE Diamond Cut Eyes ~ GD-1
- MAQUILLAGE Dramatical Gel Liner ~ BR 652
- LUNASOL Contrasting W Eyeliner ~ 04 Deep Black
- SHISEIDO Lasting Lift Mascara
- SHISEIDO Natural Eyebrow Pencil ~ GY 901 Natural Black





Akisa asked me to swatch the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ 02 gold light. Here it is!



I've already prepared the review of the RMK Powder Foundation EX, so I'm sure I will manage to post it this week!


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

28 comments:

♥akisa♥ said...

your eyes are too cute!! Thanks so much for the swatch~ I think I might get it, along with the Satin (rose pink) one.. I'm so lazy with single shadows (i'm addicted to palettes now!) unless they are base colours like these~

Babybubblz said...

Oooh I'm interested in the gel liner. I have MAC's fluidline, but it smudges easily with primer and setting powder.

Beautiful make, love the neutral eye =)

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Nice job hehe :) i'm looking forward to the RMK review, could you also mention about the last power cos I'm thinking to get it for our summer here!!

...SimMiChikO said...

love your make-up choices! the jill stuart jelly eye shimmer is soooo pretty!

Tammy said...

I love gel liners because I find they stay on better than pencils...but they aren't as portable. I love your autumn look!

kuri♥ayu said...

pretty fotd! i would like to try the jelly eye colors~

Daituf said...

Wooo, I like this tutorial! It's so easy to do...Shall try it some time

Catherine said...

Yay! Such a pretty look! :D

You know, I just had a conversation a few days ago with one of my friends (who doesn't wear makeup, but was trying to put some eyeshadow on for the first time for a Halloween costume) about whether it's worth it at all to put eyeshadow on our eyes... and I still think it is!! Perhaps maybe it's not so worth it to do complicated things on the top lid, but I think it is definitely, definitely worth it to smudge shadow along the bottom lashline and shade the top lid because it gives dimension to the eyes even if the colors are not that noticeable. My eyes always look sooo much smaller and flatter if I don't wear eyeshadow. =)

Lovely swatch too - those Jill Stuart eye jellies are so sorely tempting me hehehe...

Askmewhats said...

wow, I super love your eye makeup! it smoked out so prettily!!!!

Jamilla Camel said...

I love the Kate Palette on your eyes..very pretty against your pale skin!!

Don't you just LOVE the RMK foundation?!?

☆Anastacia☆ said...

The lips looks fantastic!
Amazing color!

Ceecile ~Priscilla Clara~ ^^ said...

love this look on you.. so cute yet simple.. ^^
I'm loving the Jill Stuart jelly eyecolor,too.. the gold color is vibrant! ^^

ning * star said...

everything is so natural!

gio said...

This is such a beautiful look!

I'm tempted to try the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color, it's so pretty!

Anna said...

You look so sleek and sophisticated Jess! I really love your hair in these pics, it looks so soft...and SIlex is gorgeous! xx

Zoe said...

I agree wit heveryone it's such a pretty look^^
Can u also do a look with the JS gold Jelly Eye Color ?thanks~

fuzkittie said...

The powder foundation looks great on you!! I was just wearing it yesterday, hehehe. LOVE these colors on you, surprisingly not too warm at all! So pretty!! The gel liner is great huh? :]

Music said...

I think the colours add definitions to your eyes, definitely worth doing! :)

Jian said...

Woww! So pretty~~!! Of course it's worth it! It does make a difference, you can see the eyeshadow!

And the JS gold jelly looks like molten gold O_____O really nice!

cushycottage said...

JS jelly is so shimmery. very pretty
nice neutral bronze look

eri said...

so cute!!! :)

i'm so jealous of all your lippies! you have a great collection!

Marce said...

How gorgeous are you? The makeup really suits you, congratulations! The look of that Jill Stuart shadow...stunning!

Kaoru said...

I think your eyes look really defined in a lovely natural way with the eyeshadow on. It's not over the top, but you can tell it is there, without it being glaring.

That lipgloss is really pretty. Reminds me I need to use my light pink gloss up before it goes bad...

alien man?! said...

This look is so simple, yet it makes your eyes pop. I love it.

You have such a cute face. I can't help but think that every time I see an FOTD from you.

reggi said...

Beautiful! =) Can you please do a look and finish it with the lunasol full glamour lips g 01? I saw the look with the sheer pink color and i loved it! I want to see what the shiny coral color looks like on you! =)

Jess said...

reggi:
Sure, I'll use the lipstick in another look soon! ;)

izumi said...

so much prettiness in this post~ you, your makeup items, xD

lindah said...

you can see the eyeshadow! I think you prefer for subtle looks :) While on the other hand.. I go color crazy! ahah xD Maybe you should try an eyeshadow base to make it pop more? And your skin looks super natural with the foundation on ^_^

Popular Posts