Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

R E V I E W : LUNASOL Skin Fusing Powder Foundation

Today, I'm going to do the requested review of the Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation ~ YO 02. If you have read my previous entry, you probably know that I'm really LOVING it! ;)


The shade YO 02 (quite yellow toned) is actually a bit too dark for me, although it looks super white in the pictures, haha... It's definitely my camera that seems to wash out the colors so immensely. :(

Jamilla offered me to swap this shade against a lighter one for me. Isn't she a sweetheart? Thank you, Jamilla!

By the way, these two pictures show how pigmented my lips are - I'm not wearing anything at all. Please excuse my nasty no-makeup face, but hey I took these pics instantly after getting out of the bed today (what a lousy excuse, haha...). Now, definitely know why I'm such a makeup / beauty addict, hehe... ;]

( click on the picture to enlarge )

I took the picture with the foundation on immediately after application, so my face looks a bit powdery and matte, but no worries! Shortly after, my complexion turns natural and slightly glowy - as if the powder melted into my skin.

You see the huge pores on my nose (awful!) and the redness on my cheeks in the left picture? In the right picture, the pores are hardly visible anymore, and the redness is all evened out, isn't it?

I have combination skin with a quite dry cheek area and a slightly oilier T-zone, and I have to retouch during the course of the day. But after all, my complexion still looks quite good at the end of the day.

HOW I APPLY

I dab the powder on to the T-zone with the provided sponge. For the rest of my face I use the MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush.

THE PROS
  • very very hydrating
  • covers enlarged pores perfectly, does not sink into them unlike so many powder tend to do
  • extremely smooth and non-drying texture that does not accentuate any dry flakes
  • good coverage, yet natural
  • gives a light glowy complexion
  • lovely packaging (love the slim and glossy case)
  • comes with a high-quality sponge (feels so soft) that it perfect for touch-ups during the day
THE CONS
  • hard to reach here in Europe (except at online shops of course)
  • quite pricey
THE VERDICT
The absolute best powder foundation that I have come across until now. Seriously, I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a powder foundation, but don't like a matte and cakey finish (most powder foundations do make the complexion matte and dull looking, not?). I'll always repurchase this now, unless I find something even better, hehe...


LUNASOL'S PRODUCT INFORMATION

SKIN FUSING POWDER FOUNDATION

6 colors 10.5g SPF20-PA++
* Sold separately:
LUNASOL POWDER FOUNDATION COMPACT N (with sponge)

What liquid and cream foundations have always been able to do, but powder-based foundations could not. That was integrating with the skin and producing a refined radiance.
A new foundation has been created that superbly addresses these aspects and realizes a finish of such elegant radiance that is hard to believe it is a powder foundation.
It combines beautifully with your skin in that it becomes a part of your skin rather than just being applied to the surface, and coats your skin to produce the appearance of no pores or roughness.
This foundation is not at all powdery, and it also succeeds in creating clarity with depth and a radiance that emanates from within.
It stays as fresh as when you first applied it, despite sweat, sebum and dullness.
LUNASOL proudly dedicates this new powder foundation to all sophisticated women.
---

I hope this review was helpful for you, guys! ;)

Hey you know what? Another Ichibankao package will be with me in about 2 - 3 weeks. More Japanese goodies, yay! Ehhh... am I a poser or what? Haha... ^_^ To make it more exciting, I'm not going into any details yet, hehe...

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

___
Source of Product Information: lunasol-net.com


28 comments:

eri said...

ooooooh. i really must stop finding things i want to buy! hahaha.

looks good!!! :)

izumi said...

aw! sadness that it's expensive and only in europe ;<

Shopn'Chomp said...

hi jess, have you tried the water cream foundation? wondering how they compare. thx :)

Jess said...

Shopn'Chomp: No, I haven't tried the water cream foundation. I wanted to (after having read the heavy raves by fellow blogger Fuz), but then I decided to get the powder foundation instead. ;)

Maybe, I'm going to get it for winter then.

innerchild said...

Yay, thanks for the review, Jess, another lemming has been created! I always have a hard time finding a good powder compact. Shiseido Powdery was, well, too powdery (cakey). Coffret D'Or Lasting UV is too drying. I'm too lazy to wear liquid/cream foundation most of the time. I'll add this to my shopping list. I wonder what else you ordered from Ichibankao :D Btw, your no-makeup photo looks good, not nasty at all, and I don't see any enlarged pores or other bad things, maybe it's just my monitor but I really don't see any imperfections xD

MiuMiu said...

i'm so puzzled as to how to use a stippling brush..that's what the dual fibre mac brush is right?
that's so nice of jamilla!

AbcGrrrL said...

Your skin looks flawless with the foundation on! I think this is going to be on my lemming list!

aniegeek said...

WHAT nasty no makeup face, you crazy lady with perfect skin??!

Haha yay for the review, so helpful, and I was secretly hoping for one! I prefer powder bases anyway, so this one sounds really nice!

Askmewhats said...

though your skin is wonderful to start with! it turned out even more gorgeous after the foundation!!!

PinkyKathy said...

I have tried the sample size b4, I think it's great. The powder is sooo smooth. ^^

my_makeup_mania said...

it looks totally amazing on your face!

♥akisa♥ said...

how does this compare with P&J dual protect powder foundation?? i want to get one before my o/s trip in September where the weather will be warm & humid..

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

the foundie looks good on you!! very natural looking :)

Jamilla Camel said...

Jess, you look GORGEOUS for someone who just got out of bed--certainly a lot better than me, lol!

That foundation is fantastic on you skin! The point you made about it not settling into the pores on you nose made me want to get this foundation! Your new, lighter foundation is on it's way from the web store, and thanks for sending the YO 02 to me along with the RMK stuff I accidentally mailed to you!

Catherine said...

LOL Jess, your just out of bed picture is incredible!! Your complexion is so nice I don't even know what you're talking about =P The foundation does make you look positively airbrushed though!

Jess said...

JC & Catherine: Haha... ok ok, not seconds after out of bed then! Brushed teeth, cleansed face, brushed my hair... :p

And there ARE huge pores, ladies! I should have posted the very large pictures to prove, huh? *lol*

becky said...

wow im sold!! this is an awesome review. i will keep this in mind for future reference of a good foundstion.

Ai said...

oh the foundation suits you perfectly! :D

gingerbee said...

Oohhh, thanks, thanks, thanks for the review! :D Now I'm definitely lemming! :D

Hmmm...hahahah, I think our methods of applying powder foundation are the same ;-) Although I use a kabuki brush to buff it out. Hehe.

And I agree with the others -- your skin (even without makeup on) looks GORGEOUS!

gio said...

You look beautiful even without makeup!

The foundation looks great and very natural on you!

Aralka said...

oh, this powder looks really good on you.

KRYSTAL said...

wow that foundation really worked well!! awesome review!

Frances said...

woww that foundation looks so great on you! your review makes me so tempted to buy it haha :)

Askmewhats said...

purple eyes look wonderful on you! y our eyes look bright and i love the purple on the lower lashline :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am looking for info on Kanebo makeup and luckily found your page. I am a Chinese living in Switzerland I just wonder where do to usually go online to buy Japanese makeup? Thanks for the recommendations in advance:)

TJ

cynthia said...

may i know what colour you use ? i got yo02 which is too yellow n dull, but the sales girl say no exchange once i have opened..

Jess said...

cynthia:
I have it in OC 01 now, which is the lightest shade, and it's perfect for my skintone! It's not as yellow as shades starting with YO!

cynthia said...

hi jess, thanks for your reply, i think i will need to try oc 01 or oc 02 series..
Now im using rmk powder ex 101... 202 is a bit too dark for me.. i have yet to try 201, cos i prefer something neutral rather than pink tone or yellow tone, cos most days i have natural rosy checks. So i think neutral tone or beige tone is nicer.

Popular Posts