Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

R E V I E W : LA MER The Refining Facial

Finally, the long awaited review of the LA MER The Refining Facial.

First of all, let me tell you that I was quite skeptical about buying this, since I believed that La Mer's heavy price tag is due to advertising strategy, and not because it is really that high quality.

Well, but I got intrigued by Fuz, haha... after I watched one of her videos in which she said it was one of her hg products, I finally made up my mind to give it a try of course. Now, thanks to the lovely Fuz that I tried this out! I'm LOVING it!

I'm using this about once to twice a week (I've been using it for about 2 month now, I think). Girl, my skin has never been so polished, smooth and soothed at the same time! I think, it must be the diamond powder that it contains, haha...


THE PROS

  • very fine granules that doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin at all
  • leaves my skin super polished and refined
  • soothes my skin (unlike most scrubs that tend to leave my skin red, burning and patchy afterwards)
  • comfortable lightweight scent
  • clean and simple packaging (I love the sleek tube!)
  • a little goes a long way
THE CONS
  • the heavy price tag
INGREDIENTS

( click the picture to enlarge )

THE VERDICT


Yes, it is indeed super expensive, but also keep in mind, it's quite efficient. I believe one tube can last me half a year (or maybe longer). If you have super sensitive skin like me, and most scrubs seem to irritate your skin, this product is the first choice to go for! I'll repurchase it again and again now.

---
LA MER'S PRODUCT INFORMATION

This multi-action complex instantly smoothes and boosts skin's brightness and radiance - revealing a fresh new surface. The Refining Facial utilizes fermented acidic sea muds to soften skin and gently lift away dry surface cells. As the cream is lightly massaged onto the face, pure diamond powder and polished sea quartz perform as physical exfoliants while smart minerals convert the massage action into energy. Circulation is immediately stimulated and skin is awakened.

USAGE
Based on skin cycles, this resurfacing treatment may only be needed once a week. Apply onto clean, dampened face and throat, avoiding the eye area. Massage with fingertips, using upward and circular motions. Rinse well. Follow with The Tonic or The Oil Absorbing Tonic.

WARNING: For external use only. Do not use on fresh or open wounds.


Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

___
Source of Product Information:
cremedelamer.com

13 comments:

MiuMiu said...

haha fuz is such an enabler. too bad i can't afford the la mer products yet.

Hana aka acutelife said...

how much is it??Im intrigued too, though Im not purchasing soon lolz

Jess said...

Hana aka acutelife: I got if for about 100€.

fuzkittie said...

I'm glad you love it!! Isn't the diamond powder great? xD Makes your face bling~~ :]

♥akisalove♥ said...

100 euros???? Ouch.. I can only dream about La Mer for now..

Shopn'Chomp said...

i love la mer too! i have the creme and eye concentrate. haven't tried this yet though. now i might have to! ;-)

eri said...

i really need to stop reading blogs...every day there are like 5 new things i want to try! hahaha.
i'm intrigued, i have sensitive skin too!

aquaracer said...

i love this, too! and it works for occassional zits when i leave it on overnight (over zits)

Jamilla Camel said...

I think I feel the same way about my Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion--I use it two times per week.

$75 at Dermadoctor.com.

Thanks for the review!

Amanda's Sunshine said...

Thanks for the review, now I want to try it too.
I love La Mer's Lip Balm.

izumi said...

hahahaha oh she's such an enabler! i can't afford stuff like this yet, but i will look forward to the day that i can :D

Old Cow said...

La mer and I are sworn enemies!!! But i am glad that it works for you x

M said...

la mer doesn't work for me at all. the price tag doesn't help either but its good that this worked out well for you

Popular Posts