Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FOTD : Shimmery Warm Brown Eyes with Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes C-1

I did a look with the Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes C-1 today. I'm a bit disappointed, cause the browns, which are more on the warmer side don't really flatter my complexion.

So, I felt a bit uncomfortable with these shades, but nevertheless, I think the colors are very pretty and I adore how shimmery the colors are!


I feel it makes my eyelids look even puffier as they already are, and somehow not awake. You get what I mean? Maybe I have to skip the medium brown color of this palette, since it's too orange to me. I love the champagne color and the dark brown a lot.


Kept the cheeks subtle with Guerlain Blush 4 Éclats ~ Soleil Couchant 02. I tried to make them look lightly sunkissed. Oh, and have I ever mentioned that I love the Dior Capture Totale Radiance High Definition Loose Powder? It really makes the skin so smooth and radiant!



Maybe I have to skip the medium brown color of this palette, since this is the warmest shade to me. I love the champagne color and the dark brown a lot.

Aren't my lips super glossy today? I'm wearing KANEBO Sensai Deep Moist Shine Rouge ~ MS 108 Botan and on top of it Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer ~ 121 Beige Guitar.


The shimmer of the Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes palettes are much more intense compared to the Lunasol palettes that I have.


Close up of the eye: hello, can my lids be more puffier? Gosh, I have so many dry lines around my eye area! :/ I have to look for a good anti-aging eye cream I think!


________

PRODUCTS I USED

FACE
- Dior Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 ~ Warm Ivory 1
- Dior Capture Totale High Definition Radiance Loose Powder ~ 001 Rose Lumière / Bright Light

CHEEKS
- Guerlain Blush 4 Èclats ~ Soleil Couchant 02

EYES
- Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes C-1
- Lancome Le Crayon Khol ~ Noir
- ShiseidoMascara Base
- Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara

LIPS
- Kanebo Deep Moist Shine Rouge ~ MS 108 Botan
- Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer ~ 121 Beige Guitar


That's it. Now, I'm going to wash all my brushes, hehe... feel like I have quite neglected doing that lately. :)

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

37 comments:

fuzkittie said...

I think the colors look quite lovely on you! Perhaps if you made your complexion a bit more bronze it'd look less weird to you? Gotta love the texture and pigmentation!

eri said...

i think it makes your eyes pop! :)
i agree w/fuz...maybe some bronzer would help it go better w/your complexion?

do you use the sponge tips or brushes?

love the lippie! so glossy!
do you use lip treatments?

miss wiggle said...

I am always afraid to wear warm and orange-y browns. But I think it looks quite nice on you - so I may give them another chance. ;)

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

I think these colours look great on you! Maybe you're just not used to them. I know I usually don't like browns on me either but they're growing on me...gradually :)

amynaree said...

Very nice colors! Cute daytime look :D

*Nehs* said...

you are glowing Jess! as always! love it, specially the eyes. i can wear this look everyday!

♥sormui♥ said...

i luv those colors on u!!

my_makeup_mania said...

Like so much your wearable style make-up! Too pretty!

MiuMiu said...

i think it loooks good on you, different from the usual neutral brown looks. i have to say that my RMK jellyxpowder eyes is a bit too orangey too, i dunno how to get it to work for mee!

Askmewhats said...

Love your cute FOTD! so pretty looking and fresh! Definitely a great makeup to go out on a date :D

Beauty Snap said...

I'm no expert in skin tone and everything so I can't really give advice to you on that... maybe use more bronzy color on the face? Anyway I'm still so jealous, I am loving that palette! Maybe the other palettes will look nicer and match your tone. I love your photos! I'm envious of your great lighting indoors.. I have sucky indoor lighting so everything looks yellow/orange hahaha. You look very cute in the FOTD :)

Aradani said...

aww that's too bad that you don't like it. I agree with others about trying it with bronzer.
here's hoping you make it work out!

Stacieee said...

Jess~ the look is super pretty on you! you're getting better and better with this! haha and yes gotta love LOVE PU PU CHEEK!!!

Catherine said...

Hahaha, everyone else already said what my first thought was - I too think that it'd look more coordinated if you added a touch of bronzer, and perhaps a slightly bolder lip to balance out the eye. Love the way the palette looks on the eyes though - so pretty and shimmery! And as always, your lips look FAB!

applecider918 said...

I think the makeup looks great! Maybe a little too intense for day? But lovely nevertheless. And. I've probably mentioned this before, but your skin! It's perfect!!

K said...

I agree with what Fuz said - maybe if you used bronzer the medium brown shade would work better? Hope you find a happy solution!!!

I was going to ask what color you used on your lips since they were SOOO pretty! You beat me to the punch!!

Sandiebaby~ said...

ooh i like that chanel glossimer. what's the name?? :)

Jamilla Camel said...

Jess, these are GOREGEOUS PICS! They really emphasize youre beautiful facial angles.

The makeup is beautiful! I understand what you mean about being uncomfortable with warm colours--those are colours I would wear (wanna swap, hee hee hee?)


That's why I think the Pink Pu Pu would suit you better than the peach...Jamal is posting them today!!

Zwala said...

but i think it went really gud wit u..like it..n luv ur lip color..beige guitar..how wud they get these names like..haha.. :P

becky said...

you know... i actually really like this on you. I think it suits you and its very pretty, believe me and, your eyes do not look puffy.

Hana aka acutelife said...

I think it looks ok,n as other ppl said,bronzer would help too :)
Sometimes when I don't like a particular e/s color I mix it with other color when applied to eyes.

izumi said...

i think all of the colors look quite nice on you! very pretty close up xD and even far away. super pretty lips too!

blushforyou said...

wow, this is really pretty. def replicating this :P :P <3

miemiemie said...

all i can say is...oooohhhh pretty!:) LOL

queenyee said...

This palette complements your skin colour, you look great :)

I hate dry lines too :(

Tine said...

Those are great colours on you :)

Jess said...

Thank you all for your super nice comments and the suggestion to apply a bit bronzer to my face.

Yeah, it must be I'm too pale and these shade of browns make me look even paler - like I were sick, haha... :p

gio said...

This look is very pretty on you!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

very sexy look! I think it really compliments your skin tone.. it's a great summer look! I'd def consider this palette if i was going to pick up one..

Sofie said...

I think the colors looks great on you! Such a sexy look on you and your skin looks so flawless! D: I am jealous haha~

aniegeek said...

What are you talking about, the colors are gorgeous on you! I really want to try the Esprique, and C-1 looks really perfect because you can do glamorous looks (like this) or super toned down ones too, it seems like. I love it!

And your brows are perfect!! <3

Stacieee said...

Jess~ girl the colors look great on you!! what on earth are you talking about?! lol and OMG your lips!! love it!!

Iyah said...

I love your eyeshadows! :) and girl, your skin is so flawless!! I'm jealous!! :P its glowing!! :)

Christine said...

I love the e/s color!! And the lip color is so cute

Roxy said...

girl your eyelids dont even look puffy! lol i love how you could use this look everyday!

Girly Posh said...

very beautiful.. i have not been on here for a while but your looks have definitely gotten better!

Emily Anne said...

Oh you are so pretty!

Popular Posts