Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FOTD : Khaki Eyes with Lunasol Lighting For Eyes 05 Khaki + Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation

As promised, here is my FOTD using the Lunasol Lighting For Eyes ~ 05 Khaki and the Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation!

Before I start with the pictures, let first me say that I'm so in LOVE with the Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation! I think, it's by far the best one I've ever come across so far (and believe me, I have tried tons until now, hehe - I prefer powder foundations more than liquid ones for their convenience, and my sensitive skin seems to like them more).

It applies powdery, but instantly melts into skin. My enlarged pores on my nose are covered up nicely, the complexion is evened out, and the finish is soooo amazing! No cakeyness, no dryness - but smoothness, and a glowy complexion!

After several hours, my skin still looks very hydrated and even more glowy. The color YO 02 is a tiny bit too dark for my very fair skintone, but I think, it still looks natural. Seriously - I have never had a better powder foundation! It actually does what it claims. Thumbs up!

I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a powder foundation that does not look like a powder on your face (I hope, I make sense, haha...). I'll do a proper review on this if wished. ;)

Now, moving on to the pictures of my FOTD... I took the pictures in the bathroom today, since it was such a cloudy day.


I'm surprised, the lighting in the bathroom made the colors show up quite as it looks in real, aside from appearing a bit washed out of course. Oh, and if only the shimmer showed up better AND if only my face wasn't so chubby...


The innocent cute girl look? Haha... :)



I'm wearing the Dior Addict High Shine ~ 154 Designer Coral today. Isn't it a pretty peachy pink color? I think it's so very summery. By the way, why do I always peer in photos?



Hold it... do my lashes seem longer at once? Must be the Talika Lipocils Conditioning Gel that I've been religiously using for 3 days now, hmm...?



You like my side face? ;) I heart khaki - I think this color really flatters me. Like my sister used to say "Sis, let me tell you - you are the earth type!" She must be right, haha... What do you think?

Close up of the eye: taken in front of the window in natural light.
I also tried to apply mascara on my tiny and sparse lower lashes for the first time, haha... oohh, how smudgy!


The lips: as it looks in the bathroom


The lips: as it looks in front of the window in natural light


______
PRODUCTS I USED

FACE
- DIOR Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer ~ 001 Ivoire / Ivory
- LUNASOL Skin Fusing Powder Foundation ~ YO 02

CHEEKS
- MAC Beauty Powder Blush ~ Fun & Games (from Hello Kitty Collection)

EYES
- LUNASOL Lighting For Eyes ~ 05 Khaki
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil ~ 1L Star Black (for tight lining the upper lashline)
- ESTEE LAUDER Double Wear Zero-Smudge Liquid Eyeliner ~ 02 Brown
- SISLEY Phyto Khol Perfect ~ Khaki 04 (on the lower lashline)
- SHISEIDO Mascara Base
- SHISEIDO Lasting Lift Mascara

LIPS
- DIOR Addict High Shine ~ 154 Corail Styliste / Designer Coral





Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

32 comments:

aniegeek said...

Your lashes, your skin, your lips! Amazinggg~ Now I really want that Lunasol ;) And khaki really is gorgeous on your eyes~

izumi said...

gorgeous! i love the lip color and khaki really DOES suit you! :D

becky said...

I must say that its really gorgeous. Earth tone colors really compliments youre eyes and your skin does looks flawless.

*Nehs* said...

geee.. your skin is like milk! so flawless! and i love your lips! you're such a cutie jess!!

fuzkittie said...

You definitely rock the earthy tones!! The Lunasol foundation looks great! It looks like you're not wearing anything but your own perfect skin!! :D I actually tried a sample of the Lunasol powder foundation but it wasn't hte right shade for me. Still it felt very nice.

The Dior lip color is great! Oh we're both wearing Dior today!! :D *high five*

I really love your brows!! They're so natural and beautiful. :]

eri said...

SO pretty! and are your lids doubled today???

now i'm torn, RMK or lunasol powder?

my_makeup_mania said...

Very cute looks as always! Like your day time make-up! Your skin is amazing! Very smooth and OMG! I just like it so much!!!

Beauty Snap said...

Sigh. Anybody craving more lunasol!? Hehe! Nice fotd :) I really love the lip color and I think you look SO cute in the "innocent cute girl look"!! Hehe it's good to be a camwhore sometimes

AbcGrrrL said...

Your skin looks so flawless in that foundation !LOVE :)

miemiemie said...

what chubby face? are you kidding me? love the eyes! and your lips, so cute :) i wish i had cute lips

M said...

wow your ski looks terrific!

Oshiya said...

Jess,

I love this look. I def. will try it ... but maybe with some dupes first. (I need to see how the colors look on my skin before i go out and buy the exact products)....

gingerbee said...

Lovely! :D Earth/warm tones suit you well.

I'm really curious now about Lunasol foundie -- like you, I go for the pressed powder type of foundation n.n But I have to finish my Shiseido first..Oh please do the review! :D

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

i always love green and i think ur lips r sooooo pretty... the foundation i great huh ? i'll go n check it out next time.. thx for the FOTD

Slim said...

Your look is PERFECTION! You've reallly nailed the smoky eye look and your mascara application is outstanding!

You know, in the photo, the Y02 doesn't look too dark, although it can do in natural lighting. Please let me know if you want to swap for a lighter color, OK?

Yep, this look deserves a LOT of camwhoring, lol! Well done!

Jamilla Camel said...

Oh, and you do NOT have a chubby face--you have a classically beautiful CHINESE face!

Oh, and the last comment from SLIM, that was ME, with Jamal's Google account sign-in--oops! I have unsubscribed him from any comments, lol. I did that with Mona yesterday!

innerchild said...

Ooh, I want to hear more on the Lunasol powder foundation! Is it drying at all? I'm too lazy to wear liquid/cream, I only wear it for special events. I've been having the Lunasol Cream for about a month now but I've only tried it on 3-4 times xD Your lashes look like they really did grew. Could you do a review on the lash treatment after a few weeks/ months? I'm considering on investing on lash treatments now. The palette looks nice on you, very natural and flatters your brown eyes very well. I think it makes it stands out more! :) I'm not sure what element type I am. Hmm. Maybe airy? I like off-white as my main color, it brightens up my eyes since I have dark under circles 9_9

Hana aka acutelife said...

Yeah I much prefer powder foundation to other types of foundation too :) how much is the lunasol one that you use?

Catherine said...

Beautiful!!! Your skin looks absolutely flawless & the lipstick is beautiful!

Jess said...

Hana aka acutelife: The Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation costs 74.50 USD (witch case). The refill on its' own costs 55 USD (I purchased at Ichibanko => http://ichibankao.com

Blair said...

Such a gorgeous look! I love the shape of your lips!!

MiuMiu said...

i love your fotds, you look so sweet and innocent!

Miss.Friendz said...

The Lunasol Skin Fusing Powder Foundation looks immaculate on you!!

Aralka said...

Oh, that's right, you look totally cute.
Innocent haha yes ^^
Good job!

XXX
Julia

queenyee said...

great eye colour and love your lips, so sexy! :)

ANGE said...

love the flawless skin hun!

you are soo cute ;) and i love your brows! do you shape them yourself?

gio said...

This is a very pretty look! Earth tones suit you very well.

Your skin looks flawless!

Cris said...

The Innocent picture is amazing ^_^!

[Why don't I ever look like this :(?]

[Never mind XD.] Great look :D.

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

Thank you for the review! I was considering the liquid ones because no one had reviewed the powder one yet, but I may go for powder since its easier to apply :)

Sherry said...

do you put on fake eyelashes? as I am not sure when look at your pic. :) I am beginner in make up

Jess said...

Sherry: No, I don't wear false lashes for usual... ;)

elleandish said...

Hi Jess! Beautiful site! I just stumbled upon your site looking for reviews on the Lunasol Khaki eyes palette. I'm debating whether or not to get the Khaki or the Neutral.

Great FOTD! :)

Popular Posts