Bulletin Board

11/02/2011
This blog has moved, and will not be updated anymore! Head over to my new blog www.ohhpretty.com!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Face Cleansing Routine - KANEBO Sensai Silky Purifying

Quite a few ladies complimented on my skin. According to them my skin looks "flawless and smooth like silk". Well, thank you all for the super nice compliment! I feel so flattered, hehe... yet my skin is not perfect at all!

So, I thought I should do a post on my daily face cleansing routine. I'm extremely devoted to proper skincare and face cleansing. I'm convinced that proper face cleansing is a essential step to get and maintain beautiful skin.

No matter how tired I am at night, I never skip the skincare routine (somehow, I can't sleep with makeup on my face - maybe it's the fear of waking up with lots of zits and dullness the next day? Haha...!

Ever since I'm using the KANEBO Sensai Silky Purifying face cleansing line (started using them about 3 years ago I think), I have become really picky with face cleansers. I think, there is hardly any better product (at least here at the European market) that works as great for me as the Sensai Silky Purifying products. My skin was less satisfied with other products - and it was definitely noticeable!


STEP 1 of My Daily Face Cleansing Routine

KANEBO Sensai Silky Purifying Cleansing Milk (evenings only)


This is actually a face makeup remover milk (I don't use it for the eyes). Comes in a convenient pump bottle. The texture is - its' name already says - milky, not too runny but also not too thick, spreads easily. Makeup comes off quite good. If you wear heavier makeup, you should consider using the Cleansing Oil instead, since this milk is supposed to be for all who wear light makeup only. The scent is lightweight and comfortable.

I think this product is quite overpriced for just being a makeup remover milk, but umm well...


KANEBO'S PRODUCT INFORMATION

( click on the picture to enlarge )


STEP 2 of My Daily Face Cleansing Routine

KANEBO Sensai Silky Purifying Creamy Soap (mornings on its' own / evenings after the Cleansing Milk)


So, this is the actual love out of my cleansing routine!

It comes quite thick out of the tube (similar to toothpaste's consistency), lathers up very nicely into a rich creamy foam - feels super comfortable on the skin.

After rinsing off with warm water, your skin is so amazingly clear, smooth and soft. Doesn't leave any residue, nor does it make skin feel taught. I also think, it has some slight pore tightening and brightening abilities, although it is not claimed explicitly. It has the same scent as the Cleansing Milk - fresh and lightweight.


KANEBO'S PRODUCT INFORMATION

( click on the picture to enlarge )


Yeah, that's it for my daily face cleansing routine, ladies.
I highly recommend the Sensai Silky Purifying products to anyone who have high requirements as it comes to face cleansers.

Stay pretty!
Stay Ohh... pretty!

___
Source of Product Information: sensai-cosmetics.com


18 comments:

Jules said...

Great review! I'm actually looking for a good cleanser to match with my Clarisonic brush. Do you think this would be a good match? Is this product okay for acne prone/sensitive skin? Thanks for your help. ^_^

Jess said...

Jules: I for myself have sensitive skin, and it works great! ;)

You might also try the Wash&Mask Mud Soap (can be used as mask as well as a cleanser - but it's a bit drying when used on a daily basis), since you have acne prone skin.

I think the Creamy Soap would do quite well too for your skin type. ;)

Sarah said...

Oh you do have nice skin =) I think also partly because of the weather there? And thanks for the review..I'll definitely look into these two products. Maybe next time you can show us your whole skincare routine so we can have nice skin like yours~!

Jess said...

Sarah: The good thing of the moderate climate here is that there is less aggressive sun, but the bad thing is, it's so very dry here, so the skin gets easily flaky and irritated.

Sure, I'll do a post on the rest of my skincare routine! ;)

eri said...

looks good! you do have lovely skin!!! :)

AbcGrrrL said...

Where can i purchase these products?
I want nice skin too!

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

Thanks for sharing :) Where do you get Sensai products? Do they have a counter there?

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

i totally agree with you on cleansing!!

Hana aka acutelife said...

It's very dry too here in australia!! it can be very bad for skin -__-" thanks for the review!

梅子 said...

oh? this is interesting! i have used kanebo before i love it! i didnt know it was also cleaser steps OOOOO thats awesome thanks sooo much!

Female_intuition said...

The products looks great! I love anything that has the word "milk" in it, it makes me think that its very luxurious for the skin haha

paperdollrevenge said...

Those products look nice! Your skin does look very nice!

hehe I will wear either a pair of shorts or a mini skirt under that top...otherwise I'd feel naked! =P

Emily said...

I'm Asian as well and am sensitive to the harsher American products so am a huge fan of SENSAI's Silky Purifying collection which leaves my skin feeling deeply cleansed but without the squeeky, dried up feel - especially the two-step combo of Cleansing Oil and Creamy Soap! You can get Kanebo online at Barneys.com, but I have the Bergdorf Goodman Kanebo team send me the product every time I'm just about to run out - how luxe/convenient is that!? hehe. Ask for Amanda- 212.872.2537

Emily said...

Hi Jess, oops, sorry! Just remembered that you are in Austria (jealous!)and not the USA. Where DO you get yours?? I have a few friends in Europe that was interested in trying it out!

Jess said...

Emily: I get my KANEBO Sensai products at authorized shops. Don't know, if you know Douglas (it's a cosmetics shop like Sephora) - I get almost all my stuff from there. ;)

Audrie said...

wow you are quite dedicated to Kanebo Sensai products! They look like such great products, I want to try!

M said...

i always thought you had nice skin now i know your secret! hahaha i have to check out these sensai prods

Anonymous said...

I bought it and must say It's not the best. The milk dosen't wash away make up and the soap stings in my eyes. I think face products shoulden't do that.

Popular Posts